Why hasn’t Sony been able to create anything approaching the quality of a Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Admin

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
Failure is relative. It’s objectively true that Horizon is a failure compared to Zelda.

I don’t care about sales numbers.. I’m talking quality. Objectively, nothing touches Zelda and it’s sad that Sony hasn’t been able to sniff its tunic.

I established the goalposts in the thread title. It doesn’t surprise me someone with your tastes is incapable of reading.

Thank you all for all the DM support. I’d prefer you guys actually post your support in the thread, though. We all know what I’ve said is true, but you’ve devoted so much of your life slathering Sonys taint, that you’ve been blinded to the truth. It’s time that people like me speak out.

What quality you are talking about here?
The shitty graphics?
The shitty framerate?
The terrible combat?

None of this issues apply to Horizon. So obviously not

Objectively, I'd love if we could keep this discussion within the boundaries of it's subjective nature.

Only the Sith speak in absolutes, and that role is reserved to me.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Objectively, I'd love if we could keep this discussion within the boundaries of it's subjective nature.

Only the Sith speak in absolutes, and that role is reserved to me.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
pointless question.

its like asking why nintendo hasn't been able to make an uncharted game. Different companies just have different priorities.

Also, if Sony were to give Ember Lab a big budget for their next game that problem is already solved. Kena looks better, has better music, and better boss fighters than pretty much every 3d Zelda game.

Only thing they're missing is satisfying exploration.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Sony didn't made games like Zelda genre wise, but they made a lot of great games as much as iconic if not more in other genre, for example, GOW, GT, or TLOU, to me those games are not just very good, but legendary to say the least.

Now it would be nice to see Sony got Hits in other types of games, but with Hermen Hulst weird gaming tastes can't tell for sure, gotta wait and see if he was right on betting on games like the Jade Raymond studio one ect.

OP
OP
Swanson

Swanson

24 Jun 2022
Please stop baiting - You are free to argue and debate, but you are not free to accuse others of being trolls just because they disagree with you.
They make games of just as high a quality (and better on the tech side) in their own genres. It’s what makes owning both Switch and PS5 so great. Very little overlap in game styles, but great stuff on both.

Win win baby.
Now you’re just making stuff up. Troll elsewhere, friend.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 106

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So you play on PC?
That's weird. Do you think it's one of those xbots that hides behind Nintendo games because Xbox games can't stand on their own? They jumped on Horizon for no apparent reason 🤔

Real Nintendo fans don't see Sony games as a threat. Different markets.
I’d argue GOW is Sonys Zelda.
I didn't even think of GOW 2018 but you're right. The formula is pretty close to Zelda but for a mature audience. Even Bloodborne 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.