Why is this Forum mostly News Articles?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I've noticed this forum like most subreddit is just news articles, why don't we have more user generated opinion posts or any real discussion?

Im just curious why this forum is geared this way instead of focusing on a more user generated approach.

This place just feels like reddit lite

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I've noticed this forum like most subreddit is just news articles, why don't we have more user generated opinion posts or any real discussion?

Im just curious why this forum is geared this way instead of focusing on a more user generated approach.

Well, why don't you go make a well-thought-out post to discuss something?

Happy Toddlers And Tiaras GIF

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I'm sorry its not to the high standards you clearly set for yourself.
Here are just a few of the Threads you have created (With small Title changes or reworded OP Posts)
Screenshot 2024-04-10 000832.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-10 000639.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-10 001145.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-10 001503.jpg

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I'm sorry its not to the high standards you clearly set for yourself.
Here are just a few of the Threads you have created (With small Title changes or reworded OP Posts)

Yes I need to improve the quality of my postings, I admit that it's true

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

We often times create our own discussions and threads (at least I do and a few others) but that will never be the majority of posts nor a gd part of this forum as ppl want to follow the real ongoing news. The reactions to those speak for themselves..

I've created posts on...

Gaming nostalgia and old school gaming magazines.

What ppl felt were premier consoles

$40 dollar games versus $70

3rd party meltdowns

And tons more and none of those came from anywhere else even if their might be similar topics.

What we don't want is bs topics going up for the sake of occupying space avd tht no one cars about.

Reactions: Box

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
I kinda feel like a lot of the users are more focused on console wars and this forum has way too many discussion areas for the forum population.

Maybe a point system could give users more incentive to post in other areas.

Reactions: voke

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
We often times create our own discussions and threads (at least I do and a few others) but that will never be the majority of posts nor a gd part of this forum as ppl want to follow the real ongoing news. The reactions to those speak for themselves..

I've created posts on...

Gaming nostalgia and old school gaming magazines.

What ppl felt were premier consoles

$40 dollar games versus $70

3rd party meltdowns

And tons more and none of those came from anywhere else even if their might be similar topics.

What we don't want is bs topics going up for the sake of occupying space avd tht no one cars about.
I like that you post news here. That prevents me from having to go to all these different sources, websites, media outlets, social media.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Maybe a point system could give users more incentive to post in other areas.

Then it would just end up like reddit, where any dissenting opinion is drowned out and it kills all discussion.

Even small niche gaming subreddits suffer from this issue.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Then it would just end up like reddit, where any dissenting opinion is drowned out and it kills all discussion.

Even small niche gaming subreddits suffer from this issue.
I don't mean like an upvote system more like achievements, people like that kind of stuff makes them feel accomplished.