why PlayStation won't fail even without true exclusive games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It's hilarious that you guys think Sony can't block their games from a stream console. Some of the nonsense I see on this site. A valve console probably wouldn't even sell 20 million tops
You think PS is gonna block Steam games when there releasing it on Steam & Nintendo 2 direct competitor who owns platforms & has exclusive permanent exclusive that goes to no other platform. Steam & Nintendo don’t do that multiplat diminishes to its platform. Bet that new Valve hero shooter is exclusive to Steam & that’s a hero shooter live service.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You think PS is gonna block Steam games when there releasing it on Steam & Nintendo 2 direct competitor who owns platforms & has exclusive permanent exclusive that goes to no other platform. Steam & Nintendo don’t do that multiplat diminishes to its platform. Bet that new Valve hero shooter is exclusive to Steam & that’s a hero shooter live service.
Yes!

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Are you saying "no one buys a console for exclusives, they buy it for fortnite, madden, fifa, overwatch and COD"?

I have honestly never heard anyone with this take before! What a novel idea!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Starts w Steamdeck selling 5 million then Steamdeck selling 20 million & if PS continues PC port or shorten the time or do more multiplat releases Steamdeck 2 goes from 20 million to Steamdeck 3 doing 50 million.

It doesn’t really matter the best place to play PS games aren’t on a PS console/hardware. The best place & cheapest way to play PS games are on a PC or Steamdeck. And in the future it might be on Nintendo

TLOU part 1 ran like shit on PC. Ratchet and Sackboy had shader compilation issues at launch and i bet there's a few more ports with performance issues at launch.

The steam deck costs as much as a PS5 and is niche as hell. A decent mid range GPU costs as much as an entire console

What's with this place and its what if scenarios?

Steam Deck 3?

How about we just stick to current market realities for once? lol.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
All I can say to some of you is to Switch to Nintendo/Steam if PS isn't satisfying you.

Reactions: Johnic

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
What a shame... this brand is really screwed
ZjFwLUK.png

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It will, not in the short term but it will be evident by next gen. Once investors smell that PlayStation is shirking it's over, Sony already lacks confidence as things are they will get desperate really quick (internally they seem to have already quit on PlayStation long term).

The likes of Epic/MS will sue them, publishers will turns against them, Nintendo and Valve already smell blood, they won't be able to keep charging for PS+, they have less games than ever, hardly have any exclusives and games are taking longer and longer to be made. They are fucked and it's likely already too late to even do anything about it (something they might have realized).
If Sony was going to invest in PS it would’ve been before PS5 gen 2019-2020 hell even when MS bought there first publisher Sony should’ve double down on gaming a division that brings nearly 70% of there income & is at threat with other competitors double downing. MS double down, Meta double down, Nintendo double down, Steam double down & with the rumors of Apple buying Disney in the future they’ll gain some of the strongest ip in both media & gaming which they will likely use exclusively to bolster Apple Arcade & its gaming efforts.

It will be felt during the PS6 gen for sure PS5 is safe but they might even see long term & get stuck at 100 million idk if they’ll push 120 million which should be a easy target considering the wave the ride w the end of the PS4 & Xbox being dead & Nintendo switch 1 not being as 1 to 1 & really only PC being the direct competitor. PS5 should easily hit 130+ million & if they where like Nintendo they could even hit 150+ million.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
the console will be carried by the majority, the casuals who play FIFA, GTA, COD and Fortnite, the hardcore community will be split in PS consoles and PC, i think Sony realized no matter where their games go, as long as they have the casual audience, they'll always sell 100M+ consoles, and that's honestly sad, the hardcore players have made PlayStation what it is today
I believe this 100%
The masses have terrible taste in video games

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Sure but it should be so much more than a FIFA or cod box to people.

That is a weakness.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
also as a pc gamer y'all are delusional if you think the steam deck will ever act as a replacement for any console or handheld
The Steam Deck is a solid handheld PC gaming device but its relatively niche compared to consoles. You walk into a Walmart you can find a Playstation on the shelf. Not so much a Steam Deck. The casual market is not going to move to PC let alone buy a steam deck

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
hardcore cope. Valve will release a console that can play all steam games with free online multiplayer and It will be over for Sony.

Valves major success the Steamdeck can’t even compete with Sonys biggest failure.

Steamdeck - 3 million sold.
PS Vita - 14 million sold.

Stay in your place.

The OP is correct in saying probably 80% of PlayStation owners buy the console for FIFA, COD and GTA.

Us forum dwellers are insignificant to the console market. We think we are the main guys.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Sure but it should be so much more than a FIFA or cod box to people.

That is a weakness.

It's always been like this in regards to the masses. Fifa, Madden, GTA, COD and once upon a time, Singstar.

The mass market never cared for Ico. SoTC, The Getaway, GoW etc.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
I love my OLED steam deck, but ill be damned if my right hand doesnt go numb after 20 minutes on the thing. SD is a great novelty and convenience, but the ideal place to play it is not.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Valves major success the Steamdeck can’t even compete with Sonys biggest failure.

Stay in your place.

The OP is correct in saying probably 80% of PlayStation owners buy the console for FIFA, COD and GTA.

Us forum dwellers are insignificant to the console market. We think we are the main guys.
Buy a steam console but you gotta wait over a year to play GTA 6 unlike a PS5 (hypothetically) speaking if both consoles were to exist at the same time. Where do you think people gonna flock to?

Wanna play the Sony games? Okay let's wait 1 - 2 years.

As if most causals are going to abandon their digital library to move to a new ecosystem just to stick it to PlayStation.

Steam works the way it is currently but as console it's just not gonna take off, not matter how many here wants to convince themselves Valve is the Thanos of gaming.

Last edited:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
I love my OLED steam deck, but ill be damned if my right hand doesnt go numb after 20 minutes on the thing. SD is a great novelty and convenience, but the ideal place to play it is not.

PS Portal is the most comfortable "handheld" on the market right now. The thing looks silly but cutting a regular Dual Sense in half and slapping it on a tablet was actually a genius move.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Buy a steam console but you gotta wait over a year to play GTA 6 unlike a PS5 (hypothetically) speaking if both consoles were to exist at the same time. Where do you think people gonna flock to?

Wanna play the Sonya games? Okay let's wait 1 - 2 years.

As if most causals are going to abandon their digital library to move to a new ecosystem just to stick it to PlayStation.

Steam works the way it is currently but as console it's just not gonna take off, not matter how many here wants to convince themselves Valve is the Thanos of gaming.
they just are just assuming that Sony will lose 80 million customers because sony made a lego game on switch.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It's always been like this in regards to the masses. Fifa, Madden, GTA, COD and once upon a time, Singstar.

The mass market never cared for Ico. SoTC, The Getaway, GoW etc.

It's always been strange to me that someone would buy a console and just play one game endlessly...

Orangee

3 Mar 2024

Stay in your place.

Steam deck isnt even a retail release and It's not promoted anywhere besides Steam.

Valve must release a proper console and release It globally. Maybe the first steam console wont kill PlayStation, but they will slowly take away a good chunk of Sonys userbase. Valve can just offer a better deal for consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.