why PlayStation won't fail even without true exclusive games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
the console will be carried by the majority, the casuals who play FIFA, GTA, COD and Fortnite, the hardcore community will be split in PS consoles and PC, i think Sony realized no matter where their games go, as long as they have the casual audience, they'll always sell 100M+ consoles, and that's honestly sad, the hardcore players have made PlayStation what it is today
Thank god we have Nintendo. The last bastion of good games and actual exclusives.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
actual exclusives.
So does the games just hit better for you when you know it's exclusive? I'm a big Nintendo fan but IMO Sony publishing runs laps around them, pretty much every year.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
So does the games just hit better for you when you know it's exclusive? I'm a big Nintendo fan but IMO Sony publishing runs laps around them, pretty much every year.
Well the Switch games are actually made around the switch and It's controller. Unlike PS5 games, which doesnt use the Dualsense at all (maybe for a single stupid minigame in Spiderman).
All Sony studios have to make games with the pc users in mind, and It hurts the games.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Steam deck isnt even a retail release and It's not promoted anywhere besides Steam.

Valve must release a proper console and release It globally. Maybe the first steam console wont kill PlayStation, but they will slowly take away a good chunk of Sonys userbase. Valve can just offer a better deal for consumers.

What Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft couldn’t do with their proper consoles.

Steam will.

Spoken like a true SteamBot.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How am i ignorant?

The Steam deck has sold 3-4 milion units and Valve's last attempt to get into console gaming failed like the Ouya.

You're just overreacting as usual with "what if" scenarios.
Your assumption that the future needs to be exactly like the past and that the PlayStation audience doesn't care about being taken advantage and won't ever leave shows all I need to know. Valve thinks long term and Sony apparently doesn't.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Honestly the delusion from Steambots is only matched by the doom mongers who back them.

Sega couldn’t do it, Nintendo couldn’t do it and neither could Microsoft will their proper consoles.

Valve will LOL. Valve LOL.

There is only one company which would take Sony out of the console market and that is Apple.

They did it once with the IPODs killing the Walkman.

Surprised they have ventured into the console market again. I believe they did have a console in the past.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If Sony was going to invest in PS it would’ve been before PS5 gen 2019-2020 hell even when MS bought there first publisher Sony should’ve double down on gaming a division that brings nearly 70% of there income & is at threat with other competitors double downing. MS double down, Meta double down, Nintendo double down, Steam double down & with the rumors of Apple buying Disney in the future they’ll gain some of the strongest ip in both media & gaming which they will likely use exclusively to bolster Apple Arcade & its gaming efforts.

It will be felt during the PS6 gen for sure PS5 is safe but they might even see long term & get stuck at 100 million idk if they’ll push 120 million which should be a easy target considering the wave the ride w the end of the PS4 & Xbox being dead & Nintendo switch 1 not being as 1 to 1 & really only PC being the direct competitor. PS5 should easily hit 130+ million & if they where like Nintendo they could even hit 150+ million.
To me they aither are so confident that they think they'll just get away with squeezing their audience from now on or they have so little confidence in console being the future that their plan is to pivot as soon as possible to third-party publisher/GaaS publisher, etc.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Well the Switch games are actually made around the switch and It's controller. Unlike PS5 games, which doesnt use the Dualsense at all (maybe for a single stupid minigame in Spiderman).
All Sony studios have to make games with the pc users in mind, and It hurts the games.

Astro Playroom is still the only game to actually use the haptics fully, its always like this.

I remember barely any games used the Six Axis from the ps3

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Astro Playroom is still the only game to actually use the haptics fully, its always like this.

It also has the best shot of ending up as the only actual exclusive game for the PS5.

Honestly the delusion from Steambots is only matched by the doom mongers who back them.

Sega couldn’t do it, Nintendo couldn’t do it and neither could Microsoft will their proper consoles.

Valve will LOL. Valve LOL.

There is only one company which would take Sony out of the console market and that is Apple.

They did it once with the IPODs killing the Walkman.

Surprised they have ventured into the console market again. I believe they did have a console in the past.
Cope more, Nintendo sells more consoles than PlayStation to this day.

Imagine how ignorant one needs to be to laugh and doubt Valve of all video game companies.

Are you saying "no one buys a console for exclusives, they buy it for fortnite, madden, fifa, overwatch and COD"?

I have honestly never heard anyone with this take before! What a novel idea!
That was the Xbox mantra for many years, turns out consumers are completely stupid and they'll actually compare the available options they have and are capable of changing where they decide to play (specially when there is a transition to a new gen). Half of PlayStation players are still on PS4 btw.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It also has the best shot of ending up as the only actual exclusive game for the PS5.

Cope more, Nintendo sells more consoles than PlayStation to this day.

Imagine how ignorant one needs to be to laugh and doubt Valve of all video game companies.

Cry more Doom monger.

Nintendo hasn’t released a proper console since the Gamecube. They know what happens when they directly compete with Sony PlayStation.

It’s the same for PlayStation and handhelds.

Valve can take over the console market. Seriously you guys need to get your heads checked.

Honestly this forum has gone to the shitters cause it seems it has become overtaken by doomers backed by Steamboys to simply vent their frustration at Sony.

Almost every thread. Most of it is ridiculous.

I’m out. Back to NeoGaf.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Cry more Doom monger.

Nintendo hasn’t released a proper console since the Gamecube. They know what happens when they directly compete with Sony PlayStation.

Valve can take over the console market. Seriously you guys need to get your heads checked.
Damn, they beat Sony without even releasing a proper console?

Sony deserves all that is coming to them, not every PlayStation fan is a bootlicker that will defend their actions no matter what. Coping and being in denial won't change reality, PlayStation is on the way out and they seem to be fine with it.

Reactions: Orangee

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sony dead because of the controller (they have the best controller in the console space), gotcha makes complete sense. :ROFLMAO:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Cry more Doom monger.

Honestly this forum has gone to the shitters cause it seems it has become overtaken by doomers backed by Steamboys to simply vent their frustration at Sony.

Almost every thread. Most of it is ridiculous.

I’m out. Back to NeoGaf.
At this point bro I'm just going to play into their dooming, it makes it sound more ridiculous.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024

Returnal used It well, same with Sackboy.
Ratchet kinda had something there, but It felt forced, like they just had to add It to the game becouse Herman asked them to.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
And?

Makes you even more deluded.
It was a hyperbole dummy. Of course Valve wont kill PlayStation with a single console, but Sony is slowly digging their grave for short term profits.
Xbox and PlayStation are just commiting slow suicide for no reason, and Nintendo will outlive both by just making the same Mario Goes Right games over and over.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It was a hyperbole dummy. Of course Valve wont kill PlayStation with a single console, but Sony is slowly digging their grave for short term profits.
Xbox and PlayStation are just commiting slow suicide for no reason, and Nintendo will outlive both by just making the same Mario Goes Right games over and over.

Oh now it is Hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.