With success of Helldivers Sony can't let Arrowhead remain independent |UP| Rumor of acquisition is unsubstantiated as per Arrowhead. 10 mil sales?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So why are you so mad at Sony, they even port their games to PC these days, what do you want from them? Why so much love for Xbox?

For the price of a few games you can get a PS5 and move on from hating on a successful product.
I'm not mad at Sony where the hell did you get that from :ROFLMAO: Where have I ever said something like that about Sony bro.

I don't hate Sony at all man, I don't know if you're confusing me with someone else, but I do not hate Sony at all. I've legit just been commenting on the recent explosion in sales and potential for day and date in the future with select games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You know why I didn't a buy PS4? I couldn't justify spending the money on a console for one singular game. If PS came out with a few games I actually want and I know without a shadow of a doubt it wouldn't be ported, I'd buy it.

You say clearly yet I don't think there's a clear indicator at all. Releasing on day one gave PS their highest personal launch record on PC than ever before, and you want to know why that is? It's because they didn't wait 2 years for hype to die down. Fanboys talk a lot about "console this, console that, pc players don't buy games, look how bad the sales are" but Helldivers 2 absolutely shows that there is a market on PC for PS if they don't delay their launch for such a long time.

The point is that PlayStation is experimenting, and the results are great for them.
So your solution to PS not having any games you want is to make them have even fewer games to entice you to buy the console? That's some backwards logic. Basically if PS had gotten bloodborne and dark souls 3 exclusive that would probably have made you jump in right? That's an argument against porting to pc.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So your solution to PS not having any games you want is to make them have even fewer games to entice you to buy the console? That's some backwards logic. Basically if PS had gotten bloodborne and dark souls 3 exclusive that would probably have made you jump in right? That's an argument against porting to pc.
> "So your solution to PS not having any games you want is to make them have even fewer games to entice you to buy the console?"

What are you on about, I just said the games exclusive to PS do not interest me besides Bloodborne. I never said anything at all along the lines of "have fewer games," I just said what interested me, not that they should have more games or less games.

If PS had gotten BB and DS3 it would entice me more than just BB did, but it still wouldn't get me, personally, to get a console. I stopped playing console, especially because I'd rather not pay a subscription for online. That's just annoying.

I prefer the original Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 over Dark Souls 3, DS3 was so easy for me, it felt soul-less and it had nothing really memorable for me aside from Irithyll and even that was short lived because of a random Anor Londo.

EDIT: to make this even clearer to some here who read what Anon said and assume that's what I meant. I said "If PS came out with a few games I actually want and I know without a shadow of a doubt it wouldn't be ported, I'd buy it."

Which means, and I didn't think I'd have to explain this, in addition to what they have, NOT that if they were to only have the few I'd be interested in.

Last edited:

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
You know why I didn't a buy PS4? I couldn't justify spending the money on a console for one singular game. If PS came out with a few games I actually want and I know without a shadow of a doubt it wouldn't be ported, I'd buy it.

You say clearly yet I don't think there's a clear indicator at all. Releasing on day one gave PS their highest personal launch record on PC than ever before, and you want to know why that is? It's because they didn't wait 2 years for hype to die down. Fanboys talk a lot about "console this, console that, pc players don't buy games, look how bad the sales are" but Helldivers 2 absolutely shows that there is a market on PC for PS if they don't delay their launch for such a long time.

The point is that PlayStation is experimenting, and the results are great for them.
xbot alert!!! the guy makes no sense and going on ignore list, not worthy any time to argue with.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Bets on if Sony has the brains or balls to acquire them or just let them keep getting more and more expensive till someone else buys them?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Best strategy for Sony is to port only multiplayer/GaaS games to PC. That way they avoid dealing with PC piracy completely and protect their most valuable games and IPs. The delayed releases on PC strategy is stupid, so is paying for timed exclusives.

AA GaaS make a lot more sense than AAA GaaS as well, that are way more risky and prone to failure. Multiplayer/GaaS games are a lot less reliant on Steam as well, LoL, Fortnite, WoW, Diablo and so many others all did fine outside of Steam.

Sony PC strategy is half-baked, poorly thought through and reminiscent of when Xbox made their move to PC, making their consoles irrelevant.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Puff and Kokoloko

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
xbot alert!!! the guy makes no sense and going on ignore list, not worthy any time to argue with.
I have no idea how this doesn't make any sense to you, but okay. I thought I stated it pretty clearly. You can be like that if you want though.

Reactions: Vertigo

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I love the assumptions that Sony haven't already tried and that Arrowhead even want to sell right now

Companies are also cutting back right now rather than where the market was with acquisitions two years ago

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I love the assumptions that Sony haven't already tried and that Arrowhead even want to sell right now

Companies are also cutting back right now rather than where the market was with acquisitions two years ago

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Best strategy for Sony is to port only multiplayer/GaaS games to PC. That way they avoid dealing with PC piracy completely and protect their most valuable games and IPs. The delayed releases on PC strategy is stupid, so is paying for timed exclusives.

AA GaaS make a lot more sense than AAA GaaS as well, that are way more risky and prone to failure. Multiplayer/GaaS games are a lot less reliant on Steam as well, LoL, Fortnite, WoW, Diablo and so many others all did fine outside of Steam.

Sony PC strategy is half-baked, poorly thought through and reminiscent of when Xbox made their move to PC, making their consoles irrelevant.

I bet with Helldivers 2 success there gonna think day 1 on PC will be better for sales and thats all that matters. Look sales numbers etc.

Then users like Yurinka and Apollo are gonna tell everyone its a great idea and it isnt damaging to PS at all lol because of higher sales.
( love ya Yurinka, i know we dont see eye to eye on PC releases haha )

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They are working on Days Gone
Really?
Kinda pointless if there not making a sequel. GOT, God of War, TLOU, Horizon I can understand. Days gone… meh. My least favourite 1st party game of last gen.

I wonder why Ratchet and Clank movie didnt work out? I love the games and the voice acting is great, simple, funny, yes “childish” but also fun for what it is.

Id also love a Jak and Daxter movie, and return for the games. Sly too.
Bloodborne would also be interesting as a lore series, anime. Think Broherhood of the wolf meets interview with the vampire

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah because hiring people to work at your company and wanting to sell your company are the same thing
No it means they arent cutting back. Because it made you sound like everyone is cutting back.

And why does Sony need to cut back from buying? They have tons of moneh

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Arrowhead are expanding for Helldivers 2.

Who do you think is financing this?
And how does any of this connect to that Sony may have already tried and that Arrowhead may not even want to sell?

No it means they arent cutting back. Because it made you sound like everyone is cutting back.

And why does Sony need to cut back from buying? They have tons of moneh
They spent all the money they allocated to acquisitions a few years ago. They have not announced any new acquisition budgets and they are unlikely to as that isn't want the market is looking for right now

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
And how does any of this connect to that Sony may have already tried and that Arrowhead may not even want to sell?

They spent all the money they allocated to acquisitions a few years ago. They have not announced any new acquisition budgets and they are unlikely to as that isn't want the market is looking for right now

Because past experience says so. Organic growth.

Heck Sony is snapping up studios before they release a GaaS game now.

Show me where Sony have said they have spent all their money?

Arrowhead is not worth billions so not sure why Budgeting is even being discussed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

They said they have xxx amount for acquisitions after the whole activision thing started. And then never used it.
Whos the market lol, everyone is buying everyone. They can buy when they want

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Really?
Kinda pointless if there not making a sequel. GOT, God of War, TLOU, Horizon I can understand. Days gone… meh. My least favourite 1st party game of last gen.
Pretty likely some day they'll do a sequel, but Bend decided to make something else now. May do the sequel later if they decide so.

Who do you think is financing this?
Sony funds the game, which also includes to fund the development of post launch support. On top of that, part of sales from the game goes to Arrowhead.

I bet with Helldivers 2 success there gonna think day 1 on PC will be better for sales and thats all that matters. Look sales numbers etc.

Then users like Yurinka and Apollo are gonna tell everyone its a great idea and it isnt damaging to PS at all lol because of higher sales.
( love ya Yurinka, i know we dont see eye to eye on PC releases haha )
If publishers like Sony bet on GaaS it's because they know GaaS generate more revenue and have more users than non-GaaS. Helldivers 2 may be more successful than they estimated, but won't change their plans.

Pretty likely they expect that Concord, Marathon and Fairgame$ will be much more successful than Helldivers 2 because they are made by ex-Destiny, Halo, CoD or Assassin's Creed / Rainbow Six Siege devs.

Some GaaaS will continue releaasing day one in PC, the non-GaaS that get ported will be released on PC around 2 or more years after the PS launch and the rest of the games will remain as PS only games and never will be released in PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko