WSJ - PS5 61.7M, XBS 28.3M shipments (end of June 2024)

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I don’t even know why you all respond to the two 2 green rat trolls on here. Typical behavior of making things up to make Xbox look better than is really is to make themselves feel better.

The gap is widening each month.

This isn’t news for Phil and co either, which is why they have dropped the pretenses and now PlayStation is their friend.

Right exactly. XB fanboys saying this is good numbers, no it is not.

Can’t even sell 30M in 4 years (I believe it’s even less than 28M), behind in its strongest market in the US, and only selling 200K in Europe compare to PS5 1.5M. There’s nothing good about these numbers for Xbox at all.

PS5 extends its sales lead every month. The ratio will keep increasing.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
If you think that's good, than you, Xbox fandom have a really big problem.

I never said that was good. It's mediocre at best but at the same time, im not surprised. When you don't release a single major title in all of 2022, you're going to start falling behind and they did and continue to do so.

The problem is that the average is going down fast.

Next gen by fall of 26? 🤣 You mean the handheld?

Because the brand doesn’t have the cache to start a new generation so soon. Next gen starts when PlayStation says so.

Fall 2026 - Xbox Portable and Console. $500/$800 respectively. I believe that for Microsoft to have any chance at being successful with console/handheld gaming, they MUST release BEFORE Sony releases PlayStation 6. They can't go head to head because they will lose even if they stay close the first two years or so.

I don't believe that Microsoft will release the portable without releasing their next gen console along side it and it wouldn't make much sense to do it that way anyway because you would think that it would use the same CPU/RAM as the console or a handheld equivalent.

People can still call it next gen but the whole "generations" is dying more and more with every new "generation" because if everything before stays backwards compatible which it will and vast majority of games early on are cross-gen, then what exactly is the generation meant to be?

Look at this generation, it took three years for Sony and Microsoft to get away completely from PS4/XBO.

It's all about the platform and the eco-system and what they offer the gamer/consumer. For me with Microsoft and Xbox, I have around 10 or so positives that barring them all being eliminated guarantees that I stay with Microsoft and Xbox. Also, there's no rules or anything like that in regards to having to launch when Sony does. If anything, that's stupid and shooting yourself in the foot.

If Microsoft's next generation console and portable are ready to go in Fall 2026, then they will release them as they should. The brand doesn't need the cache to start anything because they did exactly this with Xbox 360, they had a four year generation with the original Xbox and with no cache, said screw it, here's Xbox 360.

I want their next console sooner rather than later because I want a better CPU/GPU, 24-32GB of RAM and an 2TB SSD for $800 because I prefer to play Gears of War: E-Day, Perfect Dark and others down the line on their next generation hardware as opposed to the Xbox Series X.

Only time will tell what happens. Just have to wait and see. All I know for sure is im hyped, excited and looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Microsoft and Xbox.

Reactions: Bryank75

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I never said that was good. It's mediocre at best but at the same time, im not surprised.
Yes, you did.

Joking aside, the 28m+ is better than I was expecting
You would say it is mediocre at first, but you haven't

That's not better nor good number nor mediocre number, at all. Especially when a company spent a 80+ billion on acquisition in last 5 years and gained.....nothing.

When you don't release a single major title in all of 2022, you're going to start falling behind and they did and continue to do so.

You are still stuck in 2022? This is 2024. Or it is a Don Mattrick fault?

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Landiri

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Right now, I feel Valve and Nintendo are far more threat to PlayStation and should really be the focus going forward.

Xbox publishes on PlayStation.

Nintendo and valve do not.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Right now, I feel Valve and Nintendo are far more threat to PlayStation and should really be the focus going forward.

Xbox publishes on PlayStation.

Nintendo and valve do not.
I think that before fighting directly against Valve and Nintendo first Sony has to make sure the Xbox console is 100% dead and buried to make sure they have all the home console market for them to grow.

After that, Sony already is around top 10 publisher in Steam history now. With a few GaaS and ports of old games more, in a couple years or three they may be around top 5 or so. Then it will be the moment to open their own PC store to fight Valve directly putting their own games only there and putting there 3rd party.

Astro and Lego Horizon must be the start of a big bet from Sony on family friendly -mostly platformers- serious bet of quality games, followed by something from Media Molecule and more Team Asobi stuff. They have to get big sellers in that area to slowly steal an important market share of that submarket to Nintendo.

Which should be followed by their PC handheld that would bump their PC PSN store while killing Steamdeck and the other PC handhelds (including the MS one) and to steal like half of the Switch market share from Switch 2. That handheld should also run Sony's mobile games to use the mobile market to help fight Nintendo.

By doing that probably would keep Valve and MS out of the handheld market too and instead of making Switch 3 Nintendo would try (and likely fail) to do something different. And then Sony's successor to their own handheld would have the portable market mostly for them.

At that point they'd have the home and portable console market for them and would be a key store in PC not passing Steam but maybe being the first serious contender that stole them a sizable market share. And they will also have published movie/tv show adaptations of several of their IPs. At that point they should also have some of the first mobile games of the current push they are preparing, and should use the combined force in all the other areas -maybe with a mobile PSN store integrating there the remote play and cloud gaming clients, plus the normal PSN store and the merchandise one, to make a big push on mobile and to also become one of the main players in mobile gaming.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
After that, Sony already is around top 10 publisher in Steam history now. With a few GaaS and ports of old games more, in a couple years or three they may be around top 5 or so. Then it will be the moment to open their own PC store to fight Valve directly putting their own games only there and putting there 3rd party.

Same how Microsoft is probably top 10 or maybe even top 5 publisher on PlayStation. Maybe after a few more ports they will be strong enough to launch their own console.... oh wait.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Same how Microsoft is probably top 10 or maybe even top 5 publisher on PlayStation. Maybe after a few more ports they will be strong enough to launch their own console.... oh wait.
For People who don't want to buy an Xbox, we have a Product!
It is called PlayStation 5!

- Propably Don Mattrick

• Cerny
  • haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think that before fighting directly against Valve and Nintendo first Sony has to make sure the Xbox console is 100% dead and buried to make sure they have all the home console market for them to grow.

Astro and Lego Horizon must be the start of a big bet from Sony on family friendly -mostly platformers- serious bet of quality games, followed by something from Media Molecule and more Team Asobi stuff. They have to get big sellers in that area to slowly steal an important market share of that submarket to Nintendo.

Which should be followed by their PC handheld that would bump their PC PSN store while killing Steamdeck and the other PC handhelds (including the MS one) and to steal like half of the Switch market share from Switch 2. That handheld should also run Sony's mobile games to use the mobile market to help fight Nintendo.

By doing that probably would keep Valve and MS out of the handheld market too and instead of making Switch 3 Nintendo would try (and likely fail) to do something different. And then Sony's successor to their own handheld would have the portable market mostly for them.

At that point they'd have the home and portable console market for them and would be a key store in PC not passing Steam but maybe being the first serious contender that stole them a sizable market share. And they will also have published movie/tv show adaptations of several of their IPs. At that point they should also have some of the first mobile games of the current push they are preparing, and should use the combined force in all the other areas -maybe with a mobile PSN store integrating there the remote play and cloud gaming clients, plus the normal PSN store and the merchandise one, to make a big push on mobile and to also become one of the main players in mobile gaming.
Absolute worst plan ever. Takashi Mochizuki is proud of you for killing PlayStation once and for all. You should apply to Bloomberg 👍

Exactly. Let's kill our whole business to chase an imaginary market that doesn't exist. They can't even get PC players to sign up for a fucking PSN link and he thinks they will give up Steam for a Sony store 🤣

Billions of gamers are just waiting (sounds familiar 🤭)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nintendo a non-threat to console gaming. They quit.

Although, if they sold a switch emulator for their handhelds on pc and consoles… I’d buy it. Even at costs upwards of $199… would be totally worth it to play Nintendo games on hardware with performance results not comparable to decade old hardware.