XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK |UP| Viewing information found within.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Oh yes, more developer circlejerks talking about how great of a job they're doing on their unreleased game.

Because that strategy did so many great things for Starfield, right?
It’s funny how so many of the devs MS snapped up just fit right into the bubble Microsoft is infamous for, where they never realize they simply aren’t making products at the same level of quality that their competitors are.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
They made the same MeToo Direct last year and that was the verdict:

Hifi = Flop
Redfall = Flop
Starfield = Flop
Forza = Flop
Minecraft Dungeons = Flop

What is it going to be this year 😬

If Xbots don't support Single Player action games, that's on them. I'll bat for Hi Fi rush any day of the week. There was nothing wrong with that game.

The rest? I got nothing.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
DeveloperDirect.jpg

In a post on the Xbox Wire, Microsoft confirmed some details about the games it’ll be showing during the event.

Specifically, when they will be releasing.

“All the games in this year’s Developer_Direct will be arriving later, with more details to be shared in the program,” the post reads when answering a question about game releases.

One thing Insider Gaming sources have mentioned, however, is a fifth game being shown during the show. That said, it’s not expected to be a major game.

Reactions: KvallyX

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
they will say nothing, will report it in articles or blogs afterwards.

Oh, for sure, like when they showcased a 3rd party game at every E3. But now it's their own games.

Last edited:

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I haven't played a Machine Games game before (I know, I know, I need to). But I hope they can do a good job with Indiana Jones. I loved some of the older ones, especially Fate of the Atlantis.

But if it's as bad as the new movie, then I am out!

Reactions: Bryank75

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Looking forward to seeing Indiana Jones, Avowed and Hellblade 2. Getting all three games this year will be awesome and hoping the May 21st release date for Hellblade 2 is real.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Looking forward to seeing Indiana Jones, Avowed and Hellblade 2. Getting all three games this year will be awesome and hoping the May 21st release date for Hellblade 2 is real.
I enjoyed the first Hellblade, but it wasn't OMG. It needed more game play for me personally. I hope 2.0 rectifies that. I don't know anything about Pillars of Eternity, so Avowed is a wait and see. I just don't know much.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I enjoyed the first Hellblade, but it wasn't OMG. It needed more game play for me personally. I hope 2.0 rectifies that. I don't know anything about Pillars of Eternity, so Avowed is a wait and see. I just don't know much.

Same for me with Hellblade. I rated the first game an 8.0/10. I enjoyed it for the most part. Just hoping Hellblade 2 has deeper combat and stays around that 10-15 hour time frame and I will be very happy. I'm into Avowed but still want to see more. I'm most interested in Indiana Jones because I want to see if it's 1st person, 3rd person or both.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Extreme delusional fanboyism ITT.

Microsoft may show games, they may even look interesting - avowed has my attention, but without a release date withing the first six months of 2024, it will be more open promises.

I hope some section of the presentation discussed how they're improving previously released games and how they're supporting them moving forward. If they declare old games dead, then why would anyone think that their new releases wouldn't be DOA?

Then again, American corporatism conducting honest feedback and a post-mortem is a laughably optimistic notion.

4/10 conference.