Xbox and Bethesda Developer_Direct [OT]: Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza, Elder Scrolls Online Updates

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
OT for the discussion of the Direct on the 25th.
All links to the Direct provided.

Any trolling/purposely trying to derail the thread will result in being kicked from the thread.

Presented by the game creators themselves from studios including Arkane Austin, Mojang Studios, Turn 10 Studios, and ZeniMax Online Studios, the Developer_Direct will focus on big features, extended gameplay showcases, and the latest info for Xbox games launching in the next few months, including The Elder Scrolls Online, Forza Motorsport, Minecraft Legends, and Redfall.

Fans should tune in on Xbox channels (Twitch, YouTube) and Bethesda channels (Twitch, YouTube) at 12pm PT/3pm ET, January 25 to see all the latest on:

• The Elder Scrolls Online: Studio Director Matt Firor will unveil 2023’s major Chapter update, including the latest regions of Tamriel to become playable in ESO, as well as a major new feature coming in the game’s biggest update this year. The Developer_Direct will be immediately followed by the full, standalone ESO Chapter Reveal Event, hosted by Zenimax Online Studios, which will provide all the in-depth details ESO players will be keen to know.

• Forza Motorsport: The team at Turn 10 Studios have been hard at work, bringing fans the next generation of Forza Motorsport, built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox Series X|S. Forza Motorsport is back, and we can’t wait to share more gameplay and exciting new details.

• Minecraft Legends: Mojang Studios will showcase an insider’s look into the PvP multiplayer experience in Minecraft Legends – the upcoming action-strategy game from the makers of Minecraft. Developed in partnership with Blackbird Interactive and launching this spring, don’t miss exclusive gameplay footage at the Developer_Direct.

• Redfall: The minds behind Dishonored and Prey, Arkane Austin, will showcase several minutes of gameplay from their upcoming FPS. The Developer_Direct will reveal single and multiplayer gameplay, showing more of how you and your friends will take down bloodthirsty Vampires on the picturesque island of Redfall, Massachusetts. Fans can expect to learn more about combat, customization, bosses, the open world, and more.
When:

13iib4.png

Where:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Lord Mittens

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Great OT. Will be good for continued discussion.

Wondering if there will be some other announcements aside from the games mentioned. Would be nice.

-

Official Xbox YT and Twitch channels below, where this should get streamed.

I think there MIGHT be a couple of things outside of these 4 main showings.
Gamepass announcements maybe?

The reveal of the next direct for Starfield?
Looking forward to the Redfall showing.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think they'd pre-announce Starfield if it was showing up. With the layoffs it might be delayed again. Shame, I really want to see what it is and then finally have Bethesda make TES 6.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think there MIGHT be a couple of things outside of these 4 main showings.
Gamepass announcements maybe?

The reveal of the next direct for Starfield?
Looking forward to the Redfall showing.
there will be for sure like 50 gamepass ads.

personally, i want to see more Redfall and Forza.
there also could be a surprise, like 5th game.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Only thing I want to see is Forza.....25th? can't wait for the graphical tour de force that will shatter all other racers...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Our Xbot cat Delivers, :love:

good job.

Redfall should be very interesting.

I know it's a long shot, but you're going to lose one of your lives if i see a quake reveal at that show, just a 1-second clip with the quad damage power-up will do it for me.

• haha
Reactions: Lord Mittens

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I think they'd pre-announce Starfield if it was showing up. With the layoffs it might be delayed again. Shame, I really want to see what it is and then finally have Bethesda make TES 6.

Starfield is not in this show, they already mentioned it when they announced the show.

Starfield will have its own dedicated show at a later date.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
I am really hoping that Redfall presentation doesn't end on a wet fart. I been wanting to see what this game is all about for a hot minute now. This is their chance. A surprise demo would be really nice. But IDK if you can do a demo for a game like this or if they are willing to take the risk.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
there will be for sure like 50 gamepass ads.

personally, i want to see more Redfall and Forza.
there also could be a surprise, like 5th game.
I am doubtful that there will be a 5th game. That would be nice, but I don't see it happening. Then again...who knows? But they've been quite clear what's happening here so.

P

peter42O

Excellent thread @Exanthus.

Will be at work while the showcase is happening but will watch it when I get home which should be an hour or so after the showcase ends. Looking forward to Redfall the most as the other three games aren't of any interest to me. I'm also looking forward to just seeing the format and layout of the show. If they can nail that with a few games once a quarter, im all in!!! :)

• party

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
I am also curios to see Minecraft Legends and this is coming from someone who despises the original game. The RTS part has me intrigued.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I am also curios to see Minecraft Legends and this is coming from someone who despises the original game. The RTS part has me intrigued.

It's the most unique thing to have happened to the best selling game of all time in years, it'll definitely be interesting to see.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
In celebration of the event and Arkane's next game being revealed, I would suggest folks check out their 2016 masterpiece Prey and its equally incredible Mooncrash DLC.

The entire package is on sale for just $5.99 right now.

FPS boost compatible so it runs at 60 FPS on both SX and SS.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I'm only interested in seeing Forza to see if it looks next gen, the last gameplay didn't look next gen imo

D

Deleted member 417

I think there will be a big Gamepass announcement. Something along the lines of a back catalogue coming to Gamepass. Don't fallout with me if I'm wrong.