- Xbox games on PlaySation
- end of day one games on gamepass policy or at least no CoD
- spining all this as "pro-consumer"
- no midgen Xbox upgrade
- MS not ok with Xbox bleeding money anymore

Reactions: Diah
J

Joey Ravn

The fact that Phil (note: I call him Phil because he's my friend) said nothing and told everyone to wait, at least, a week is absolutely bonkers. How much more PR damage can the brand sustain? A week with what's going on is basically an eternity.

I know the almighty "bottom line" won't be hurt and Microsoft will still make trillions with a T... but Xbox as a brand? It's already in life support, draining blood from daddy Microsoft just to stay alive in its deep coma. But with this message, Mr. Spencer is jumping on the hospital bed and taking a shit on the near corpse of the brand. And then he gets down and whispers on its ear: "We hear you!".

If there was absolutely no credibility to anything that's being said, the immediate and first answer would have been to outright deny everything. If there was even a single nugget of truth, then the response should have been instantaneous to halt any rumormongering... But, alas, not only has Xbox let the public message get completely out of control, they are giving free reign to their sycophantic mouthpieces to either go scorched earth with the brand or make a herculean effort to spin everything in a positive light, even when the message is continuously changing. What they said 12 hours ago directly contradicts what they are saying now. But who cares, because they are protecting the identity-brand, and that's all that matters to some.

Xbox had more than 20 years to establish itself as a pillar of the gaming community and industry. They had infinite money to do so. They were never the scrappy underdog that needed to buy the biggest Western publisher in order to have a fighting chance against big bad Sony, no matter how much certain people in certain places tried to paint it like that. And for all this, this is the fruits of their labor. I can't believe how mismanaged a brand like this could get, but here we are.

Good riddance, I guess.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Jez and Tom seem to be backpedaling.

I think even their sources don't know what's going on at MS because MS doesn't know yet their plans 100 percent. The event is next week, and not today for a reason.

However, IMO the damage is done. While MS games will live on, the damage to the Xbox brand is beyond reversible.

Reactions: Diah

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The fact that Phil (note: I call him Phil because he's my friend) said nothing and told everyone to wait, at least, a week is absolutely bonkers. How much more PR damage can the brand sustain? A week with what's going on is basically an eternity.

I know the almighty "bottom line" won't be hurt and Microsoft will still make trillions with a T... but Xbox as a brand? It's already in life support, draining blood from daddy Microsoft just to stay alive in its deep coma. But with this message, Mr. Spencer is jumping on the hospital bed and taking a shit on the near corpse of the brand. And then he gets down and whispers on its ear: "We hear you!".

If there was absolutely no credibility to anything that's being said, the immediate and first answer would have been to outright deny everything. If there was even a single nugget of truth, then the response should have been instantaneous to halt any rumormongering... But, alas, not only has Xbox let the public message get completely out of control, they are giving free reign to their sycophantic mouthpieces to either go scorched earth with the brand or make a herculean effort to spin everything in a positive light, even when the message is continuously changing. What they said 12 hours ago directly contradicts what they are saying now. But who cares, because they are protecting the identity-brand, and that's all that matters to some.

Xbox had more than 20 years to establish itself as a pillar of the gaming community and industry. They had infinite money to do so. They were never the scrappy underdog that needed to buy the biggest Western publisher in order to have a fighting chance against big bad Sony, no matter how much certain people in certain places tried to paint it like that. And for all this, this is the fruits of their labor. I can't believe how mismanaged a brand like this could get, but here we are.

Good riddance, I guess.
they are conditioning them for a week more to lessen the outrage. like it isn't one already :D
they are like : calm down, calm down, no need to overreact :D we give you a week to calm down.

Reactions: Sircaw and Diah
J

Joey Ravn

they are conditioning them for a week more to lessen the outrage. like it isn't one already :D
they are like : calm down, calm down, no need to overreact :D we give you a week to calm down.

That might work with level-headed people, but the biggest Xbox mouthpieces on Twitter are on full meltdown mode. Nothing can be said to them to calm them now that the floodgates have been opened :p

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
giphy.gif

return-of-the-jedi-celebration-icegif.gif

nkrg1n.gif

Replace Luke w/ Jim Ryan and when he looks off at the force ghosts at the end of RotJ it’s the execs of PlayStation’s past.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Jez and Tom seem to be backpedaling.

I think even their sources don't know what's going on at MS because MS doesn't know yet their plans 100 percent. The event is next week, and not today for a reason.

However, IMO the damage is done. While MS games will live on, the damage to the Xbox brand is beyond reversible.
Where are they backpedaling?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
SOT and MS Flight was leaked coming to PS5. Keeping the XGS games locked to a dead ecosystem makes no sense.
Yeah, they conditioned their gamers to get games for next to nothing and now they want to make money.

They're gonna have to go to the gamers that pay.

I guess Xbox gamers may have to also relearn to buy games at some point.

My son seems to be interested in SOT actually.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Maybe they changed their minds?

If they changed their minds, their business strategy is even more braindead than I expected. You don't make these kinds of business strategy changes based on what your customer base thinks, but on what your customer base is and does. Their customer base a) doesn't buy games and b) is dwindling, so I doubt any plans have changed.

Reactions: Diah and PS_ROCKS