Xbox CEO Phil Spencer - "We have no plans to bring Xbox Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. Trying to save face now.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

This clown just trying to save face. We've heard about their offers of putting gp on other systems for years now and competitors saying "hell no".

I'll start by saying we have no plans to bring Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. It's not in our plans. But I think you hit on the right point of 'what it means to own an Xbox.' The thing I want to be focused on is how do we continue to innovate for people who've made the commitment to our hardware platform? And how do we continue to make sure that they feel great about their investment in what we've built.

I'm obviously going to have my own point of view on our hardware. But I think our hardware teams did a great job with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S this generation, giving value and performance in the hardware line. When I think about investments in things like Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, cross play, and cross save, and ID@Xbox, all of these things — I want us to continue to innovate, so people on our console feel like we're making investments in console that matches their commitment they're making to us.

Game Pass was one of the things you know that over the last five years we built, and we continue to grow, it's on PC, it's on cloud. It's an important part of the Xbox console identity. And I think it will continue to be that. And we will continue to look at future ways for us to innovate across our game portfolio and our platform."

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Upper management put his ass out and he's trying to save face. Bye, Felicia.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Funny thing

In OUR exclusive interview with Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer

But for some reason they've pasted an image from this interview

And bunch of talks about Cloud, yada, yada yet

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

This clown just trying to save face. We've heard about their offers of putting gp on other systems for years now and competitors saying "hell no".

I'll start by saying we have no plans to bring Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. It's not in our plans. But I think you hit on the right point of 'what it means to own an Xbox.' The thing I want to be focused on is how do we continue to innovate for people who've made the commitment to our hardware platform? And how do we continue to make sure that they feel great about their investment in what we've built.

I'm obviously going to have my own point of view on our hardware. But I think our hardware teams did a great job with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S this generation, giving value and performance in the hardware line. When I think about investments in things like Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, cross play, and cross save, and ID@Xbox, all of these things — I want us to continue to innovate, so people on our console feel like we're making investments in console that matches their commitment they're making to us.

Game Pass was one of the things you know that over the last five years we built, and we continue to grow, it's on PC, it's on cloud. It's an important part of the Xbox console identity. And I think it will continue to be that. And we will continue to look at future ways for us to innovate across our game portfolio and our platform."
We tried putting shitpass on the real gaming devices & they laughed at us

• haha
Reactions: Diah
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Everytime this guy says the word 'innovate' I lmao 🤣

• haha
Reactions: laynelane and Umar

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah he's weird asf for a head of a gaming company.
Even worse when you consider that before he was the head of Xbox, he was the head of their internal studios worldwide and got that promotion after being the head of their European studios as those burned money and got shut down for failing constantly.

The man whose whole job it was to oversee games being made and ensure they were good enough to sell consoles became head of the gaming division and now says there is no way the games they make will sell consoles.

Just let that sink in.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Xbox very poor on messaging every mouthpiece of Microsoft is constantly contradicting the others. Lying two conartist every last one of them. Brad Smith Clearly indicated he wants it on ps and Nintendo and in the past Phil has said so as well. After the abk deal closed they probably called Sony uo and said see now u don’t got a choice u have to bring gamepass on ps and Jim probably laughed his ass off and hung up. Microsoft buying abk didn’t give ps more incentive to considered gamepass on ps it gave them even less. Sony is completely hostile to the idea. Phil is pathetic 🤡 who’s trying desperately to secure a legacy but the Xbox console is weaker more than ever because gamepass has complete devalued it.

Reactions: Box

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
"I'm obviously going to have my own point of view on our hardware."

Sounds like not everyone at MS is on board with the hardware strategy. There definitely seems to be some sort of internal struggle at MS on what to do with Xbox and its spilling out into the public. Reee is trying to downplay Stewarts comments by saying Phil is his boss and doesnt speak for xbox, but Stewart answers to Amy Hood whose the money person at MS. Sounds like Satya, Hood, and Stewart want to go third party as quick as possible but Phil's crew still want to do the hard ware thing, but hardware sales have collpased.

This is the second time now where Phil and his crew are out of the office in another country and have to PR spin for a bad leak or inconsistent messaging. I dont think that email leak while Phil was on a plane in Japan was at random or coincidence and I dont think Stewart going to investors while Phil is out of the office is coincidence either. IMO.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
comments by saying Phil is his boss and doesnt speak for xbox, but Stewart answers to Amy Hood whose the money person at MS. Sounds like Satya, Hood, and Stewart want to go third party as quick as possible but Phil's crew still want to do the hard ware thing, but hardware sales have collpased.

Yes, like i've said above, Stuart was interviews by Wells Fargo, and for what it looks like, he isn't a good car salesman like Phil is ( read it as it isn't good at PR )

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Yes, like i've said above, Steward was interviews by Wells Fargo, and for what it looks like, he isn't a good car salesman like Phil is ( read it as it isn't good at PR )
Who Stewart? Stewart doesnt have to PR and Flip flop, hes the money guy for xbox and he answers to Hood, who answers to Satya. Hes not playing PR games, hes telling investors what they eventually plan to do with xbox. Hence your comment: "
So, Phil Spencer car salesman and Windows Central shill Jez Corden vs. Tim Stuart and Wells Fargo Financial Services and Online Banking"

Edit: Its actually Phil, his team of synchphants and cult vs Stewart and Investors. Hard to say exactly where Hood and Satya fall into this exactly. Maybe Satya still has Phils back hence why hes still there after all this time but his lack of anything to show for maybe Satya is losing his patience?

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Who Stewart? Stewart doesnt have to PR and Flip flop, hes the money guy for xbox and he answers to Hood, who answers to Satya.

Oh, sorry. Stuart, an Xbox CFO, not a Stewart. But very similar. LOL

hes the money guy for xbox and he answers to Hood, who answers to Satya. Hes not playing PR games, hes telling investors what they eventually plan to do with xbox

Well, you can't lie with money to investors