Xbox CEO Phil Spencer - "We have no plans to bring Xbox Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. Trying to save face now.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
From 7th Nov. :

Phil Spencer - "Just as we think of ROG Ally and Steam Deck as part of the Xbox community, we need to think of the many Nintendo Switch and PlayStation users as part of the Xbox community in the future,"

Few days ago :

Tim Stuart CFO - "That means smart TVs, that means mobile devices, that means what we would have thought of as competitors in the past like PlayStation and Nintendo."

Today :

Phil Spencer at Windows Central - I'll start by saying we have no plans to bring Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. It's not in our plans. But I think you hit on the right point of 'what it means to own an Xbox

In a span of 3 and a half weeks. Damn 3 and a half weeks. Fucking unbelievable

jdeahmq-png.3157

LMAO. This is hilarious. Direct MS shills have access to Phil Spencer within hours, that’s scary as shit.

That’s like Red Dragon on twitter being able to randomly call up Jim Ryan

The Xbox buisness is the least professional corporate entity I’ve ever seen🤣🤣🤣

How is a fanboy able to contact a CEO of a part of a company to do an interview with him cause of console warring on Twitter.

This might be the most unhinged crazy thing I’ve seen from the Xbox community and that is a hard thing to say. The CFO interview was out only 2 days ago as well 😂😂😂😂

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Colon is nobody to talk about the company others keep when he has special needs podcaster and Xbot Chris Rayburn on his PlayStation podcast. That guy is a fucking moron and isn’t even interested in 90% of PlayStation exclusive and brings nothing to the show except his “talent” for taking minutes on end to stammer out examples of his total lack of knowledge, experience or critical thinking ability.
I don't listen to this podcast often, only when it comes up in my recommended. I didn't know much about that guy but I always felt like he didn't add much. He's either indifferent or a yes man to Colin. It always felt like he didn't know what he was talking about and that he had no real enthusiasm for PS. Your comment kinda explains a lot about him, why is he even on the show?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
The guy never talks about making good games.

Actually that's not true. The one time he did, he said they wouldn't sell consoles.
Simple he doesn't because they don't actually care about that. They just want to buy up whoever they can that makes a profit and just take from that. Look at Activision's franchise most notable Call Of Duty. It's the same thing every game just a slightly different coat of paint.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Putting Gamepass in other ecosystems would be the ultimate trump card move for Spencer. Hell, I can see that happening in the next few years and then retiring right after.

The flipslide? Xbox will need to undoubtedly stop their production. Phil is doing that math right now and showing it to Nadella. I guarantee you they will make more $$$$ in other platforms while not having the migraines from the Xbox platform. Let's not forget the comments "Xbox has to be profitable by 2027"

We know....it won't.

At the end, it's all about money. Acquiring Bethesda and ABK is just ensuring their pockets stay large once this inevitably happens.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Forcing any company to open its storefront to competitors makes zero sense. It's like they're children.

How the fuck do you force a company to undermine itself and sell a competitor's product on its storefront? This isn't food or water. It's a free market with choices. You want a PS game? You buy from them. Can't afford it? Move on.

It's so incredibly infuriating having to explain the simplest of things.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I think Spencer is simply admitting that those platform holders don’t want to undermine their own efforts right now, nothing more. If Sony and Nintendo would allow an Xbox app to stream games to their devices, Microsoft’s “plans” would surely change. Spencer also previously said “The other competitive platforms really aren't interested in having a full Xbox experience on their hardware.”

Tim Stuart’s comments are more revealing here than Spencer saying there are no plans… yet.

I wonder what he or MS thinks will mystically change in the future. It makes zero financial sense for competitors to have the "full Xbox experience" on their platforms. That won't change. We can see that in how, despite their recent acquisitions, XBox sales have fallen off a cliff and show no sign of recovering. There is no compelling desire for their product and so no reason to give them access to millions of customers they had no hand in nurturing.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Forcing any company to open its storefront to competitors makes zero sense. It's like they're children.

How the fuck do you force a company to undermine itself and sell a competitor's product on its storefront? This isn't food or water. It's a free market with choices. You want a PS game? You buy from them. Can't afford it? Move on.

It's so incredibly infuriating having to explain the simplest of things.

The desperation is palpable, isn't it? I can only assume this is a direct response to all the recent bad news for Xbox. I like my PS consoles, but the battling for them like influencers and extreme fans do for Xbox would be such a waste of my time. I can only assume at least some of them receive payment of some kind.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I wonder what he or MS thinks will mystically change in the future. It makes zero financial sense for competitors to have the "full Xbox experience" on their platforms. That won't change. We can see that in how, despite their recent acquisitions, XBox sales have fallen off a cliff and show no sign of recovering. There is no compelling desire for their product and so no reason to give them access to millions of customers they had no hand in nurturing.
It sounds to me like that mutt Tom Warren was left out in the cold by Jizz's exclusive interview. He's got a very reasonable take (Tim Stuart's comments are more revealing) and is diplomatically calling Spencer a liar at worst and a PR spin machine at best. Microsoft must be late with their monthly payment!

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It sounds to me like that mutt Tom Warren was left out in the cold by Jizz's exclusive interview. He's got a very reasonable take (Tim Stuart's comments are more revealing) and is diplomatically calling Spencer a liar at worst and a PR spin machine at best. Microsoft must be late with their monthly payment!

Reading it over, it does sound like that. In that case, my original comment is aimed only at MS. They're still hoping to take over the industry and still refusing to make quality games. :rolleyes:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

So, Tom is butthurted and salty? I think next time Tom won't sit next to Jez then.

Fq-BrPtXwAET9_q.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think Phil's new plan Xboxs plan is to ride out this generation losing as much marketshare as they can while still trying to acquire publishers so next generation they can use their irrelevance a pretext to force regulators to put gamepass on PS and Nintendo against their will.
Ahem.

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
LMAO. This is hilarious. Direct MS shills have access to Phil Spencer within hours, that’s scary as shit.

That’s like Red Dragon on twitter being able to randomly call up Jim Ryan

The Xbox buisness is the least professional corporate entity I’ve ever seen🤣🤣🤣

How is a fanboy able to contact a CEO of a part of a company to do an interview with him cause of console warring on Twitter.

This might be the most unhinged crazy thing I’ve seen from the Xbox community and that is a hard thing to say. The CFO interview was out only 2 days ago as well 😂😂😂😂
to be fair i think the big mouthpieces like jez, colt etc are actually part of the marketing team

Also re: phil spencer's turdlike word vomit denying xbox going 3rd party: dude was literally caught lying to the public via the court leaks.

Reactions: Dabaus