Xbox CEO Phil Spencer - "We have no plans to bring Xbox Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. Trying to save face now.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It was time when he failed miserably for years they won't though the Xbox cult worship him as a god like sotaku or whatever he's called on here worships Neil druckmann

Outside of his little internet cult, nobody cares about him or xbox. Nobody I know irl even knows who Phil Spencer is

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
MS is extremely quick and eager to address / damage control everything that is said about them online.

I do wonder sometimes if it is a strength or weakness of Sony's to almost never acknowledge the BS narratives that get spread about them by comparison. Maybe they just don't care what lies folks like colteastwood and postup spread about them.

If it ever impacted Sony's bottom line, I'm certain they would respond. There have been times when they made public statements correcting misinformation in articles. As for twitter warriors, there's really no reason to care. Their influence is confined to their small pools of followers and everyone else stays away or just points and laughs.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sounds like discord at Xbox if the CFO is blatantly telling Wall St it's over for Xbox as a first party brand and Phil's here backpedalling with their media mouthpiece.

What's likely to have happened here is Xbox brass all understand there's no future for the brand as a console, but Stuart jumped the gun announcing it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sounds like discord at Xbox if the CFO is blatantly telling Wall St it's over for Xbox as a first party brand and Phil's here backpedalling with their media mouthpiece.

What's likely to have happened here is Xbox brass all understand there's no future for the brand as a console, but Stuart jumped the gun announcing it.
Like i said. They still have unsold consoles.

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

In a corp the size of MS, finance, especially the CFO, usually doesn’t give a damn how it will make anyone else look and will tell the truth straight up.

I’m a company like MS, that makes things awkward for the heads of divisions and departments that underachieve or outright lose money.

In fact, that statement could be the first Phil is hearing about a desire from the top to cut off the gangrenous, bleeding limb that is Xbox sooner than what was originally planned.

• party

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Yep, what Stuart said was clearly meant to be behind closed door to investors. But what done is done and Phil had to do PR to the community to "calm" the storm. What statement is true? Well, I'll take my bet with the ones that are being said to their investors rather than the words coming out of Phil's mouth from an interview from Jez freaking Corden.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
holyshit this is hilarious. Xbox fans are so insanely unhinged. Jez Gordon literally called up Daddy Phil to do an interview because of some articles from a Microsoft guy talking to shareholders.

that community needs serious help wtf
😂😂😂 it’s hilarious thinking about that prick stressing and crying over the CFO interview so he begs Msft to help him change the discourse.

FyWj9w_acAE1D1Y

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
😂😂😂 it’s hilarious thinking about that prick stressing and crying over the CFO interview so he begs Msft to help him change the discourse.

FyWj9w_acAE1D1Y
That's the equivalent of Jim Ryan and Hermen hanging out with Red Dragon on twitter and giving him gifts. Trailer trash.

Jez looks and eats like a homeless. I can picture him eating it from the can 🤮

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
From 7th Nov. :

Phil Spencer - "Just as we think of ROG Ally and Steam Deck as part of the Xbox community, we need to think of the many Nintendo Switch and PlayStation users as part of the Xbox community in the future,"

Few days ago :

Tim Stuart CFO - "That means smart TVs, that means mobile devices, that means what we would have thought of as competitors in the past like PlayStation and Nintendo."

Today :

Phil Spencer at Windows Central - I'll start by saying we have no plans to bring Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. It's not in our plans. But I think you hit on the right point of 'what it means to own an Xbox

In a span of 3 and a half weeks. Damn 3 and a half weeks. Fucking unbelievable

jdeahmq-png.3157

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That's the equivalent of Jim Ryan and Hermen hanging out with Red Dragon on twitter and giving him gifts. Trailer trash.

Jez looks and eats like a homeless. I can picture him eating it from the can 🤮

hey arnold nicksplat GIF
Yeah the Xbox executive team is beyond pathetic, she was even taking pics with Klobrille. Phil has pictures with all of the worst fanboys. Even Colin mentioned it in a podcast

at the 2:38:00 mark

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I've no doubt they have no plans to put Game Pass on there. Nintendo and PS would never allow it.

Putting their games up for sale on their storefronts, however...

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I've no doubt they have no plans to put Game Pass on there. Nintendo and PS would never allow it.

Putting their games up for sale on their storefronts, however...
Game Pass would have been considered for PlayStation if it weren't for MS wanting all DLC and micro transactions to circumvent the PlayStation Store and not give Sony a cut. Jim Ryan even said so. Since the real money comes from those microtransactions and extras, nobody in their right mind would give up 100% of it, and MS has always been more inclined to take 100% of nothing than 70% of something real.

• they're_right_you_know

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
There could never be a plan for Taxpass on PS. Sony would never have it. 1st party releases however like all other publishers, locked in.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah the Xbox executive team is beyond pathetic, she was even taking pics with Klobrille. Phil has pictures with all of the worst fanboys. Even Colin mentioned it in a podcast

at the 2:38:00 mark

Colon is nobody to talk about the company others keep when he has special needs podcaster and Xbot Chris Raygun on his PlayStation podcast. That guy is a fucking moron and isn’t even interested in 90% of PlayStation exclusives and brings nothing to the show except his “talent” for taking minutes on end to stammer out examples of his total lack of knowledge, experience or critical thinking ability.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JAHGamer