Xbox CEO Phil Spencer - "We have no plans to bring Xbox Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo. Trying to save face now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well to start plans you need first to the others part to open to it.

BTW it is impossible in any way that any of the heads of MS never thought about putting Gamepass on PlayStation and Nintendo... and that when they are still thinking in that nameless service that ended being Gamepass.

Phil doesn't fool anyone.

If Sony or Nintendo open the arms to have Gamepass I'm sure MS will show them a plan in no time.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Personally, I think Sony doesn't want Game Pass on their console. However, now a small part of me want Game Pass to be on PS and Nintendo just to see it blow up in his face and he gets caught lying again and the bots' reactions. But the ultimate result obviously will be them going full 3rd party.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Lmao they can't reveal their plans until the unsold xboxes have sold through, leaving those poor suckers holding the bag

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The guy never talks about making good games.

Actually that's not true. The one time he did, he said they wouldn't sell consoles.

He actually mentioned games for once instead of just services, Game Pass, Cloud, etc., but only to innovate across their game portfolio and platforms. I can only imagine what that's going to mean, but it's telling that there's still no mention of creating quality games that people want to play.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Bro Thyve tried before this is all common knowledge. This world is weird asf. We've talked about this in the past, had news and all of a sudden it's like Phil and ppl have amnesia 😂😂

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

Bro Thyve tried before this is all common knowledge. This world is weird asf. We've talked about this in the past, had news and all of a sudden it's like Phil and ppl have amnesia 😂😂

There's been a lot of talk of a first-party only version of Game Pass being on Sony and Nintendo platforms or it becoming possible if other conditions were met. I've seen many such comments, but I don't see it ever happening. It's nothing to do with Phil's latest bs statements either. While it clearly would be beneficial for MS to have access to millions of customers on other platforms, there's no benefit for Sony, Nintendo, or even Valve. A service that cannibalizes game sales would just push them towards the predicament MS is in. As well, in Sony's case, it's pretty clear that their tiered sub service is their answer to Game Pass.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023

that community is fucking insane man

everything but playing games with that lot

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think Phil's new plan Xboxs plan is to ride out this generation losing as much marketshare as they can while still trying to acquire publishers so next generation they can use their irrelevance a pretext to force regulators to put gamepass on PS and Nintendo against their will.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
MS is extremely quick and eager to address / damage control everything that is said about them online.

I do wonder sometimes if it is a strength or weakness of Sony's to almost never acknowledge the BS narratives that get spread about them by comparison. Maybe they just don't care what lies folks like colteastwood and postup spread about them.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
MS is extremely quick and eager to address / damage control everything that is said about them online.

I do wonder sometimes if it is a strength or weakness of Sony's to almost never acknowledge the BS narratives that get spread about them by comparison. Maybe they just don't care what lies folks like colteastwood and postup spread about them.
Strength, you don't win getting caught up in PR nonsense.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Xbox is a damaged brand spending untold sums to buy marketshare and using a US presidential campaign worth of funds to repair their image. Everything interview and interaction needs to be a controlled space. They need safe spaces like resetera and xbox era, an army of twitter cultists, good media press and its still not working.