Xbox considering "OEM" for their next console (confirmed legit)

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
John Goodman Reaction GIF

Xbox fanboys looking at Samsung, ASUS, MSI, Dell, Lenovo, HP and the dozen other Chinese companies making knockoff consoles when face with a decision as who to worship now among the 3rd party Xbox hardwares.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
According to a rumor that is circulating on Neogaf, Xbox / Microsoft may be considering using 3rd party hardware manufacturers to make their next console(s).

It may open up the platform to multiple hardware manufacturers.

It's unclear how this would work practically or if it would be popular with customers.
This will flop harder then the Steam Machines

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So now that I think about it... is this the "windows on ARM" moment? They're going to port xbox OS and try to have it on mobile devices too? And have like an "xbox ecosystem" where you can buy different mobile devices/tablets/accessories and all have them hook into your xbox account and have some sort of device ecosystem?

That's a huge moonshot and i really don't see it working but it will be interesting to see.

Reactions: AllBizness

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This has to be larger part of MS slowly letting Xbox division know they want a return on investments & they can no longer pretend to be Sony or Nintendo. Fanboys really thought MS was going to inject two major publishers, one of which is the biggest 3rd party in the world, exclusively into xbox. Not just that, but then offer all of their billions of dollars worth of content on a subscription service. Xbox fans this gen have been straight up dreaming.

Will be satisfying to see reality hit them.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
If you read the leaked FTC emails between Phil and Nadella for example, they paint a picture where Phil was selling a reality that ended up not coming true.

Xbox fans online are like “just one more” but the Series seems like it was that “just one more shot” at the existing model.

Nadella and other higher ups have probably put an end to it, and whatever they were cooking as the alternative plan is now the main plan.

If MS is still releasing their own hardware at a loss, and the OS doesn’t allow for multiple hw configs from OEMs, then this is just another half baked idea that will go nowhere fast.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If you read the leaked FTC emails between Phil and Nadella for example, they paint a picture where Phil was selling a reality that ended up not coming true.

Xbox fans online are like “just one more” but the Series seems like it was that “just one more shot” at the existing model.

Nadella and other higher ups have probably put an end to it, and whatever they were cooking as the alternative plan is now the main plan.

If MS is still releasing their own hardware at a loss, and the OS doesn’t allow for multiple hw configs from OEMs, then this is just another half baked idea that will go nowhere fast.
Idk how phil has a job

• thinking_hard
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I don't really put any stocks into what Jez has to say, but I will say that I am quite amused right now.
The man is just pouring gasoline into the discourse, and because I'm not really invested into the whole Xbox thing, I can just sit back and enjoy.

🔥 💣🔥

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I don't want third party consoles. WTF. I guess Apple needs to bring out a console for REAL then.

Reactions: Bryank75