Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
GL_-nK1W8AAFBRg

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Are bots really convinced MS is going to sell a steam compatible Xbox? Do they realize how dumb that sounds? Why do Xbox fans think MS hates money?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Are bots really convinced MS is going to sell a steam compatible Xbox? Do they realize how dumb that sounds? Why do Xbox fans think MS hates money?
They know it’s bs, they just use it to say “PlayStation games are on steam, which means we can play PlayStation games on Xbox now!!”

They don’t care about the specifics, as long as Sony gets an imaginary L

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
The next Xbox having a dual OS, one for Xbox and one for Windows which would allow Steam for example sounds intriguing, unique, original and innovative because it's never been done before and for me personally, I would love to be able to play some PC games that aren't on consoles or Early Access games like No Rest For The Wicked but my laptop PC isn't running any of the PC games I would want to play.

With that said, I just don't see how it actually happens because for a $500 console, you wouldn't be getting the higher settings like you would if you bought a $3000 PC so what would the games run at? 720p30fps? Would Microsoft have multiple SKU's of say $500, $1000 and $2000 with different specifications to run all those games at higher settings? Of course, at this point, if you're spending that much money on a PC/console hybrid, you would probably be better off just buying a high end PC. Also, Microsoft tried the dual SKU approach this generation and while I do believe that Series S was a good idea for the first two years of the generation due to Covid and people not wanting to spend as much money, long term wise, it's turned out to be more trouble than it's worth.

And of course, the money aspect. If you're running the PC versions of games on the Xbox console via Steam, you would have to purchase the game from Steam which means Valve would get the 30% cut while the publishers would get the remaining 70%. In this scenario, Microsoft wouldn't get any money at all so it's like they would be shooting themselves in the foot yet again but since they tend to do that on a regular basis, maybe they would just sacrifice that money.

One thing is already certain - Microsoft/Sarah Bond saying that the next generation Xbox console will be a technological leap or whatever is already setting them up to once again over promise and under deliver which happens to be a recurring theme with Microsoft when it comes to Xbox. Sony and Nintendo have for the most part stayed with what they do best for 30/40 years respectively and they usually dominate. You would think that Microsoft would just stick to the basics when it comes to consoles but instead, they end up being the jack of all trades but master of none.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The next Xbox having a dual OS, one for Xbox and one for Windows which would allow Steam for example sounds intriguing, unique, original and innovative because it's never been done before and for me personally, I would love to be able to play some PC games that aren't on consoles or Early Access games like No Rest For The Wicked but my laptop PC isn't running any of the PC games I would want to play.

With that said, I just don't see how it actually happens because for a $500 console, you wouldn't be getting the higher settings like you would if you bought a $3000 PC so what would the games run at? 720p30fps? Would Microsoft have multiple SKU's of say $500, $1000 and $2000 with different specifications to run all those games at higher settings? Of course, at this point, if you're spending that much money on a PC/console hybrid, you would probably be better off just buying a high end PC. Also, Microsoft tried the dual SKU approach this generation and while I do believe that Series S was a good idea for the first two years of the generation due to Covid and people not wanting to spend as much money, long term wise, it's turned out to be more trouble than it's worth.

And of course, the money aspect. If you're running the PC versions of games on the Xbox console via Steam, you would have to purchase the game from Steam which means Valve would get the 30% cut while the publishers would get the remaining 70%. In this scenario, Microsoft wouldn't get any money at all so it's like they would be shooting themselves in the foot yet again but since they tend to do that on a regular basis, maybe they would just sacrifice that money.

One thing is already certain - Microsoft/Sarah Bond saying that the next generation Xbox console will be a technological leap or whatever is already setting them up to once again over promise and under deliver which happens to be a recurring theme with Microsoft when it comes to Xbox. Sony and Nintendo have for the most part stayed with what they do best for 30/40 years respectively and they usually dominate. You would think that Microsoft would just stick to the basics when it comes to consoles but instead, they end up being the jack of all trades but master of none.
There will be no more xbox OS.
It will be windows with an xbox-looking UI, like Steam big picture mode. That's why they started a forward compatibility department

• Informative
Reactions: peter42O

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024

Based upon Microsoft's quarterly revenue reports today, their overall gaming revenues have declined if you exclude ABK. Xbox hardware is down over 30%.

Also, their gaming revenues have dropped back behind Windows.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
How the hell do you think 50m is possible? They wont even sell 4m units for the entirety of 2024. And they're not near 30m, closer to 25m, so Series will be lucky to get 35m lifetime.

They're at like 27 and change now or maybe 28, which i guess is "close to" 30m if you squint real hard. But yeah 50m is out of reach, if the rumors are true that they're bailing out with a new gen in 2026/27 are true they'll be around 40ish if they continue their current console sales pace. But if they continue cratering at 30% yoy i doubt they'll even get to 35

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They're at like 27 and change now or maybe 28, which i guess is "close to" 30m if you squint real hard. But yeah 50m is out of reach, if the rumors are true that they're bailing out with a new gen in 2026/27 are true they'll be around 40ish if they continue their current console sales pace. But if they continue cratering at 30% yoy i doubt they'll even get to 35
they're not at 27, they were at around 22m end of q1 2023. No way they sold 5m consoles in 3 quarters.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
How the hell do you think 50m is possible? They wont even sell 4m units for the entirety of 2024. And they're not near 30m, closer to 25m, so Series will be lucky to get 35m lifetime.

Bwahahahahaha what the fuck? Get in here and take your lumps @Welfare. This is batshit crazy. The console is on a terminal decline year on year, is closer to 25 mil than 30 mil, and you're thinking it's going to DOUBLE its sales from now until the plug is pulled this time next year?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
source for 22m? I don't remember that
This was from June 2023, at an Xbox event in Brazil, says 21m. And I'm fairly positive that's shipped not sold. That's actually worse than I thought, cuz I thought it was from around February not June lmao. So yeah, no way they're near 27m console, that'd have to be 6m console sold in 6 months 🤣 Which is 4x more than what they've been doing.

There's a good chance they're STILL not at 25m.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This was from June 2023, at an Xbox event in Brazil, says 21m. And I'm fairly positive that's shipped not sold. That's actually worse than I thought, cuz I thought it was from around February not June lmao. So yeah, no way they're near 27m console, that'd have to be 6m console sold in 6 months 🤣 Which is 4x more than what they've been doing.

There's a good chance they're STILL not at 25m.

nah they'll be over 25m for sure, they had an okay/mid holiday (flat yoy) and -30% the rest of the year; so normally they do like 7m consoles a year or 8m on a good year so 5-6m since then seems like a solid bet. Good call about the shipped vs sold through numbers though, maybe they're 25 sold through

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
nah they'll be over 25m for sure, they had an okay/mid holiday (flat yoy) and -30% the rest of the year; so normally they do like 7m consoles a year or 8m on a good year so 5-6m since then seems like a solid bet. Good call about the shipped vs sold through numbers though, maybe they're 25 sold through
I still dont think they're at 25m but it doesn't matter. Xbox consoles are dead soon either way😁

• Shake
Reactions: anonpuffs