Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Source for shipment #s?
It's what the $350M hardware revenue roughly translates to.
I think you are overestimating global XS sales for 2023 because there is nice data for the whole PAL territory in 2023 where PS5 outsold XS more than 3 :1 and NA territory almost 2 : 1

Circana 2023

PS5: 6,710,000 (+19%)
XBS: 3,780,000 (-16%)

If XS reached a 7 mil. for 2023 globally, that's max.

PS5 globally for 2023 was +21 million. It must be more than 2:1 over XS LTD.
~7M in sell through vs ~8M in shipments. There's always a gap between the two. Sony shipped 22.7M in 2023 and sell through was >21M

For some reason he thinks hardware shipments are completely divorced from sell-in like retailers are just going to accept millions of unsold units to sit in warehouses and on shelves lmao
Like I said above, there's always unsold units at the end of the holiday quarter, in fact there are millions, especially for Xbox because Microsoft historically over ships in that quarter, leaving the January to June period pretty bare compared to PlayStation and Nintendo.

There isn't going to be less than 1M units unsold after December unless the system stopped production. We can also see Xbox needing to ship less units than they would've liked to recently because of the low hardware revenue last quarter versus what sell through looked like. With US Q1 2024 and estimating worldwide sales, XBS probably sold through ~1.2M. Compare that to an estimated 800K shipments, that's a deficit of 400K. Retailers have less Xbox's than 3 months ago.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's what the $350M hardware revenue roughly translates to.
Like i said, source? Microsoft doesn't break out revenues for hardware in their quarterlies. All we know from q1 2024 is -17% yoy overall and -30% from xbox specifically.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I do.

Name: Jez Corden
Designation: DOUBLE AGENT OF CHAOS
Beware: Never take his word as fact - it is detrimental to the XBOX BRAND!

Jez's official role is Cult Wrangler. He has to drip drip drip all of xboxs bad news and then deal with their insane fanbase to calm them down.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
to be honest xbox can keep him, we don't need people like that around sullying brand image with their toxic idiocy
this is wild lmao

image.png

Banana

10 Jan 2023
someone get that guy to a shrink asap
That's fanboyism for you. Doesn't matter what the company is, they just have to have a clear message. It's because these people have nothing going for them other than to attach themselves to a corporation.

Many (most?) here are the same way about ps.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's fanboyism for you. Doesn't matter what the company is, they just have to have a clear message. It's because these people have nothing going for them other than to attach themselves to a corporation.

the only person here who I feel like is remotely on the level of a timdog for PS is yurinka, but at least they're more literate and fact-based (even if they quote the wrong facts and misinterpret them often)

Banana

10 Jan 2023
the only person here who I feel like is remotely on the level of a timdog for PS is yurinka, but at least they're more literate and fact-based (even if they quote the wrong facts and misinterpret them often)
Well there grades of severity. I have no idea who this timdog is, but based on the screen shots there it doesn't seem much different from others who were threatening to sell their ps5 because sony put games on pc.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Well there grades of severity. I have no idea who this timdog is, but based on the screen shots there it doesn't seem much different from others who were threatening to sell their ps5 because sony put games on pc.
If Sony puts playstation games on PC day one, what incentive is there for a PC player like me to get a console?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

No need to project, you are the biggest culprit