Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

24 Jun 2022

Now is not the time to become complacent. pc is already a big threat and if the next xbox becomes a pc there will be 50 million more people buying pc games.

You misread that report. Capcom stated PC was their main platform (during the pandemic period, BTW) for catalog content. Catalog content = legacy games.

We have actual fiscal reports from Capcom during the same period showing PlayStation constituted the majority of their sales and revenue, and quite easily so.

I do agree though, that SIE need to do more with their PlayStation console to make it a more robust offering in the face of PC gaming platforms like Steam.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Look at this xbox fanatic stanning for PC after signal boosting the Helldivers thing all weekend. You could tell he was enjoying the fiasco.

He blocks everybody that calls him out.

I don't take that guy seriously any more. He used to be all right, but has gone down the path of warring on Twitter. On a side note, it's amazing how many people are using the "paid online" as a jab now. I haven't heard "cloud saves" as much, but am wondering what else will be added to the narrative (Sony bad) going forward.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK

7veb9q.png

Imagine thinking they ever truly made it out of that hole instead of digging deeper.

There's only one way out of this perceived xbox hole for the ultra fans and that's to take a step back and realise they're not digging the xbox console into a hole, it's a by-product of their attempts at a 3rd party mountain construction beside it. Whether that mountain stands tall or avalanches in all directions is on Spencer, Booty, Bond and Nadella. A desolate murky wasteland is not out of the realms of possibility with all their track records taken into consideration, and the knock-on effects of that on the wider industry could make the current Game Pass repercussions seem trivial.

24 Jun 2022
My favorite bot on era has to be yozoraxiii.... as a square fan... what on earth are you doing on xbox? he'll show up in square hate threads and then go on OT to beg for square ports because they "need" gamepass money

They're not a Square fan; that's the point. No one can be that much against their own self-interests unless they're lying and masquerading to concern-troll. When you see people like that, just accept that they aren't who they claim to be, and any "concerns" they bring up can be easily ignored.

Because as you say, a REAL Square-Enix fan would very likely have a PlayStation console. That's where all of their games over the past 2+ decades (aside some of the Crystal Chronicles FF games and maybe some version of Kingdom Hearts that was for a Nintendo handheld) have been at, guaranteed. So either that user is a very new fan to the company, or they're a liar and aren't a fan whatsoever.

That's like me saying I love Mario but haven't bought a Nintendo system since GameCube, complaining about them porting the games to Steam for "easy money". GTFOH 🤣

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They're not a Square fan; that's the point. No one can be that much against their own self-interests unless they're lying and masquerading to concern-troll. When you see people like that, just accept that they aren't who they claim to be, and any "concerns" they bring up can be easily ignored.

Because as you say, a REAL Square-Enix fan would very likely have a PlayStation console. That's where all of their games over the past 2+ decades (aside some of the Crystal Chronicles FF games and maybe some version of Kingdom Hearts that was for a Nintendo handheld) have been at, guaranteed. So either that user is a very new fan to the company, or they're a liar and aren't a fan whatsoever.

That's like me saying I love Mario but haven't bought a Nintendo system since GameCube, complaining about them porting the games to Steam for "easy money". GTFOH 🤣
The Xbox jrpg physical fans are the biggest posers in gaming. They love jrpgs….pick the console that gets the least, they love physical games, pick the console that has the worst physical support and DRM policies… These guys don’t actually like anything, just fanboys that want to be a part of the conversation

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi and Dabaus