Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct Double Feature

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
I am too, I still like Xbox as well but damn only two pages of the event is kind of sad. But then again I can't blame people we have been promised time after time after time for more than 5 years that we would be getting those games but they have not been delivered, I hope tomorrow they can show something that will make my resub my game pass subscription sooner than later for Starfield and even that is not enough. (Sold my Xbox for a PS5 after 3 times of having an Xbox and trying to stay with them I have a PC now but I canceled my Game pass subscription last month)
Tbh there's that but also, they said to keep expectations high, but Idk if there's anything I would personally want of the Xbox show, best thing I could ask for was already leaked in P3R, besides that most of the things that have been talked about I don't have any hype or expectations, Avowed, Fable, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, they're just not for me.

D

Deleted member 417

Damn, do people hate Xbox so much that there are only 2 pages so far for the event lol?
I don't think this is just a reflection on Xbox. Imo people are just fed-up of digital showcases that hide everything and show nothing.

Not having a dig at Sony or Microsoft, but most of their non-e3 'e3' shows have been abysmal compared to the showcases in real life. The digital format sucks and is a compilation of poorly put-together snippets and CGI cut scenes.

Being boo'd on stage, like Microsoft were, sends a bigger message to the company and is disastrous for PR in relation to some mean tweets. Do you think Greenburg would have got away with showing no gameplay after promising gameplay, and then do it again if it was a live show? Would Microsoft get away with the state of Halo if those reveals and announcements were on stage?

YMMV, but for me, I can't even be arsed with the gameshows when I can just watch the 4k trailers without the adverts and bullshit. But, I'm a gaming cynic nowadays and haven't bought a next gen console yet because the industry is no longer worth the investment in time or money.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
They need to light a fire under sonys ass somehow. I have a feeling sony might throw together another first party sop or showcase in the fall if this is good enough to the point where it start to make them look even worse
I mean in reality they do have the games, but they are so far behind in development that I don't get how most of these games are still developing I mean you could sit there and argue that it takes time and yes it does, but Sony has managed to put out constant releases since 2013 through 2019. While on Microsoft's side of the garden, they have not done enough in terms of releases other than Forza, Halo, and some other ones I don't remember. I mean they have had reports of miss development but that is Microsoft's fault for mismanagement and some will disagree *cough* fanboys on Twitter. Overall let's see what happens tomorrow.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
I don't think this is just a reflection on Xbox. Imo people are just fed-up of digital showcases that hide everything and show nothing.

Not having a dig at Sony or Microsoft, but most of their non-e3 'e3' shows have been abysmal compared to the showcases in real life. The digital format sucks and is a compilation of poorly put-together snippets and CGI cut scenes.

Being boo'd on stage, like Microsoft were, sends a bigger message to the company and is disastrous for PR in relation to some mean tweets. Do you think Greenburg would have got away with showing no gameplay after promising gameplay, and then do it again if it was a live show? Would Microsoft get away with the state of Halo if those reveals and announcements were on stage?

YMMV, but for me, I can't even be arsed with the gameshows when I can just watch the 4k trailers without the adverts and bullshit. But, I'm a gaming cynic nowadays and haven't bought a next gen console yet because the industry is no longer worth the investment in time or money.
This here is a big thing on why these Direct Style shows are worse for me, I miss in person events

• Shake
Reactions: Deleted member 417

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Damn, do people hate Xbox so much that there are only 2 pages so far for the event lol?
After a few consecutive years of Xbox events underdelivering or showing something and then the thing never coming out or being delayed to infinity I've learned to believe it when I see it, 0 hype for the show (especially after Phil's comments last month) but sure, there's a 0.1% chance they could pull a rabbit out of a hat. I'm fairly certain that the show will disappoint, though, because they got rid of the 12 month limit. Anything further out than that will be in-engine target renders.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
After a few consecutive years of Xbox events underdelivering or showing something and then the thing never coming out or being delayed to infinity I've learned to believe it when I see it, 0 hype for the show (especially after Phil's comments last month) but sure, there's a 0.1% chance they could pull a rabbit out of a hat. I'm fairly certain that the show will disappoint, though, because they got rid of the 12 month limit. Anything further out than that will be in-engine target renders.
Be careful, if they end up shipping a big hit this year the wave of threads, yt videos and articles about Sony's demise will be endless.
Spencer did say they would tell us if upcoming games are 30fps.

I mean Starfield is a given, but there might be some more naive gamers expecting 60 so it's needed.

We are the customers, they did set the expectations, all we do is expect them to meet the target they publicly set for themselves. Not making up excuses for Ms every step of the way. If everybody else can deliver 60+ fps open world games the platform owner should be able to.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So, is this the show where we should believe Phil and his team yet?

This is the show in which Bethesda and Todd Howard carry Xbox for the next few years.

Show will be good if Phil Spencer gets on stage to quit and make Todd boss.

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
This is the show in which Bethesda and Todd Howard carry Xbox for the next few years.

I don't like when Phil Spencer lies or breaks his promises, but Todd....

Todd can lie to me any day, please Todd tell me how many endings Fallout 3 will have

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Your mistake is thinking there won't be endless waves of fake hype and Sony doomed posts and "news" articles regardless of the quality of the xbox showcase. It happens every year like clockwork.
Sony need a fire lit under them, but the doom posting, articles and fanboy narratives will be unbelievably obnoxious if the showcase is good.

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Todd lies even more than Phil, and he doesn't even care one bit about the quality of the games he ships.