Xbox Games Studios [OT]: News, hype and rumors about XBGS and ZeniMax Media/Bethesda Softworks

P

peter42O

He a Sony Pony he don't know Xbox stuff like us lol
LOL. He mentioned it in the Sony OT and I didn't want to go off-topic.
No redfall is in better shape, and I believe they are going to do a Alpha/Beta similar to Back4blood to get network feedback.
I agree that Redfall is in better shape but I disagree with the alpha/beta because there's no PvP so I don't know why they would need one. I will be playing Redfall completely solo (and im so happy that there's no AI bots with me, yay!!) and hope that it's accurately balanced.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
LOL. He mentioned it in the Sony OT and I didn't want to go off-topic.

I agree that Redfall is in better shape but I disagree with the alpha/beta because there's no PvP so I don't know why they would need one. I will be playing Redfall completely solo (and im so happy that there's no AI bots with me, yay!!) and hope that it's accurately balanced.

Redfall is going to be a GAAS game so servers are involved just like Back4blood which did a alpha and a beta. I expect them to put out a demo of some sorts where people can play co-cp Like back4blood. Back4bloods alpha was mainly co-op only.

Nah i don't believe you

Which game is the bigger game? Which game would you want to push towards fall?

Beginning of the year is going to be massively crowded. And which game looked more polished? I'm going to say Redfall.

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
Redfall is going to be a GAAS game so servers are involved just like Back4blood which did a alpha and a beta. I expect them to put out a demo of some sorts where people can play co-cp Like back4blood. Back4bloods alpha was mainly co-op only.

Which game is the bigger game? Which game would you want to push towards fall?

Beginning of the year is going to be massively crowded. And which game looked more polished? I'm going to say Redfall.
Starfield coming out early 2023 Redfall is summer Forza is fall with Minecraft Legends somewhere in there

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Starfield coming out early 2023 Redfall is summer Forza is fall with Minecraft Legends somewhere in there

Looking at where the game is, I have to assume more time is needed. And I just dont think that time needed equates to a early 2023 release is what I'm saying. I think you push Starfield a little get it closer to summer. Release Redfall after if you can near October for Halloween. But if they dont have anything else and Starfield does get pushed out of early 2023, then I think you put Redfall in its place. And have Starfield late summer with Forza and new season of Halo or something as your main fall games?

Just my 2 cents.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
@nominedomine

Didn't want to go off-topic so I'll ask it here - You think Starfield releases before Redfall? I think Redfall is February/March while I believe that Starfield gets a full one year delay.
Seems like Redfall is in better shape.

This shall be my last post in this unholy thread, Phil Spencer does not deserves any hype until he start delivering some bangers consistently.

I decided I want more positives thing in my life, so I'll try to stay away from Xbox. It's hard to not talk about it tho, since it's usually the best example I can give of things don't want PlayStation to do.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

This shall be my last post in this unholy thread, Phil Spencer does not deserves any hype until he start delivering some bangers consistently.

I bet if yo walked into @Craig of War green church the holy water starts to boil?

Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
Looking at where the game is, I have to assume more time is needed. And I just dont think that time needed equates to a early 2023 release is what I'm saying. I think you push Starfield a little get it closer to summer. Release Redfall after if you can near October for Halloween. But if they dont have anything else and Starfield does get pushed out of early 2023, then I think you put Redfall in its place. And have Starfield late summer with Forza and new season of Halo or something as your main fall games?

Just my 2 cents.
They have like 8 plus months it coming

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
8 months to fix Flying, shooting, NPC's, quest bugs.

I mean 8 months in dev time is a lot of time. I'm going off of that developer who leaked everything. It feels like that game was still a ways off.

I'm saying I could see them pushing it out to May/June.
You have no clue if any of the things you say need fixing are even true

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You have no clue if any of the things you say need fixing are even true

The leaker who was a developer was verified, and you could tell from multiple people who watched, analyzed the footage that the footage/build we saw was a rough build.
starfield-details-leak.jpg

The fact they are cutting content, in 2022 tells me this game was going to come in hot. And usually optimizations and QA bug fixing is after you've got your finalized build content wise.

Granted this info that was given above was said to be passed around in 2020, so alot could have changed. But then you had the leaker pic posted above leaking the games status in April 2022......

He described a very difficult situation, which was mainly due to the technical aspects of the experience, and not the objectives of the project.

Flight was poorly functioning during testing. Creation Engine 2 is a marketing slogan: only a creation engine with two new engines and four new features, not a complete overhaul or major engine update. The game will be more apparent once the game is available, but even the modders will tear them apart. Todd Howard told the sidelines that we made games, not development tools, but those tools are outdated and developers have all sorts of them. A bad tool makes a bad game. Since the launch of Fallout 76, Bethesda Game Studios didn’t work on new games. Some teams are working on this game and updating it. Although Bethesda was not prepared for the acquisition, it hoped that many major platforms may release games, but Xbox insists on the exclusives. All games were intended both for Xbox and PlayStation, but despite the fact that this latter was ignored, the developers were unable to handle it without huge headaches.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The leaker who was a developer was verified, and you could tell from multiple people who watched, analyzed the footage that the footage/build we saw was a rough build.
starfield-details-leak.jpg

The fact they are cutting content, in 2022 tells me this game was going to come in hot. And usually optimizations and QA bug fixing is after you've got your finalized build content wise.

Granted this info that was given above was said to be passed around in 2020, so alot could have changed. But then you had the leaker pic posted above leaking the games status in April 2022......
The game is likely a year+ away now. I think we are fine to take a wait and see approach at this point. While the game won't be reinvented I am not a big fan of bad mouthing games way before release. Just too much room for BS to be interjected.

P

peter42O

I was thinking that I would be able to play solo off-line but sounds like that won't be an option. We'll see about the demo. Wouldn't mind it. Similar to Outriders, would test it out and see if I like it. Only difference is that I wouldn't buy Redfall.
My predictions are - Redfall in February/March, Forza Motorsport 8 in May/June, Contraband in August/September and Starfield in November.

I decided I want more positives thing in my life, so I'll try to stay away from Xbox. It's hard to not talk about it tho, since it's usually the best example I can give of things don't want PlayStation to do.
To each their own but I understand your point of view. :)

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
I was thinking that I would be able to play solo off-line but sounds like that won't be an option. We'll see about the demo. Wouldn't mind it. Similar to Outriders, would test it out and see if I like it. Only difference is that I wouldn't buy Redfall.

My predictions are - Redfall in February/March, Forza Motorsport 8 in May/June, Contraband in August/September and Starfield in November.

To each their own but I understand your point of view. :)
Why do you think Starfield last? & Contraband will probably have to wait for Next Year E3 to even see announce might not even be 2023 release to be honest

P

peter42O

Why do you think Starfield last? & Contraband will probably have to wait for Next Year E3 to even see announce might not even be 2023 release to be honest
I simply believe that Microsoft delayed it for a reason and that's to make sure the game is best it possibly can be and in that regard, I believe that they give them a full year. When the delays were announced, both Redfall and Starfield were said to be first half 2023. At the showcase, both were listed as coming 2023. That tells me that neither game is set in stone.

Also, with Microsoft being hands-off, I think every game has been pushed back so originally, I was expecting Avowed and Hellblade 2 in 2023. I believe that both are 2024. And who knows about Fable and State of Decay 3. Excluding Hellblade 2, not showing any of these three games for what is now two years doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

24 Jun 2022

I hope MS doesn't try closing yet another year with a Forza game. Switch it up; save the biggest game for last so it has more time to cook and make an immediate impression in time for game awards season. Forza Motorsport is probably the furthest along so early Spring could work for it. RedFall somewhere either Late Spring or early Summer maybe July.

I simply believe that Microsoft delayed it for a reason and that's to make sure the game is best it possibly can be and in that regard, I believe that they give them a full year. When the delays were announced, both Redfall and Starfield were said to be first half 2023. At the showcase, both were listed as coming 2023. That tells me that neither game is set in stone.

Also, with Microsoft being hands-off, I think every game has been pushed back so originally, I was expecting Avowed and Hellblade 2 in 2023. I believe that both are 2024. And who knows about Fable and State of Decay 3. Excluding Hellblade 2, not showing any of these three games for what is now two years doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

It's really insane to consider MS showed off Hellblade II potentially WAY too early. 2019 was just too soon, if it's coming 2024. Also means Project Mara is even further out, if that is even going to develop into something at this point. Could be a 2026 game if Hellblade II doesn't hit 2023.

Same for Outer Worlds II, that I was thinking would've been 2024 but if Avowed's getting pushed to late 2023 or even sometimes early 2024 then OW2 is at least 2025 maybe 2026. Though I'm not really too interested in playing it; nothing I saw of the 1st game seems interesting enough to draw into trying it so the sequel'd need to be radically different for me to consider it.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
I hope MS doesn't try closing yet another year with a Forza game. Switch it up; save the biggest game for last so it has more time to cook and make an immediate impression in time for game awards season. Forza Motorsport is probably the furthest along so early Spring could work for it. RedFall somewhere either Late Spring or early Summer maybe July.

It's really insane to consider MS showed off Hellblade II potentially WAY too early. 2019 was just too soon, if it's coming 2024. Also means Project Mara is even further out, if that is even going to develop into something at this point. Could be a 2026 game if Hellblade II doesn't hit 2023.

Same for Outer Worlds II, that I was thinking would've been 2024 but if Avowed's getting pushed to late 2023 or even sometimes early 2024 then OW2 is at least 2025 maybe 2026. Though I'm not really too interested in playing it; nothing I saw of the 1st game seems interesting enough to draw into trying it so the sequel'd need to be radically different for me to consider it.
Sony show off Spiderman 2 in 2021 when is that coming 2024=2025 lol yeah to early my ass man Playstation does the same shit quit being bias fucks lol

Edit: also forgot about Wolverine when is that 2025-2026 lol you guys are something else with this shit

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony show off Spiderman 2 in 2021 when is that coming 2024=2025 lol yeah to early my ass man Playstation does the same shit quit being bias fucks lol

Edit: also forgot about Wolverine when is that 2025-2026 lol you guys are something else with this shit
It's slated for 2023 as seen in the trailer.

And Insomniac is probably one of the most efficient developers in the industry, next to Respawn. Wolverine will be out late 2024-2025. It depends on which studio within insomniac is working on what. I think Spiderman 2 gets pushed to Spring 2024. But with everything being built engine wise, tools, animations I mean they could be very far along.

insomniac is two physical studios one in Burbank and one in Durham, NC.

P

peter42O

Yeah, on one hand Microsoft shouldn't have revealed a few of their games as early as they did but on the other hand, they needed to reveal games early so people know that they have plenty of games in development. Who knows when their games get released. I was hoping at the very least to see gameplay for a few of them this past June but obviously, that didn't happen.

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
It's slated for 2023 as seen in the trailer.

And Insomniac is probably one of the most efficient developers in the industry, next to Respawn. Wolverine will be out late 2024-2025. It depends on which studio within insomniac is working on what. I think Spiderman 2 gets pushed to Spring 2024. But with everything being built engine wise, tools, animations I mean they could be very far along.

insomniac is two physical studios one in Burbank and one in Durham, NC.
There no way you believe that when GOWR is 2023 lol
So how is Spiderman 2 in 2023 lol i say 2024 is the earliest