Xbox requires sign in to a Microsoft account to play Sea of Thieves on PS5

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Am I correct in assuming once you have made your PS account, that's it? You don't have to do anything again; you can just play Helldivers from then on with no issues.

I mean, it's literally took a maximum of a few minutes to do it; I even had to make a Bethesda account to play my Doom, quake and Quake 2 games.

Why is this such a big sticking point?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Am I correct in assuming once you have made your PS account, that's it? You don't have to do anything again; you can just play Helldivers from then on with no issues.

I mean, it's literally took a maximum of a few minutes to do it; I even had to make a Bethesda account to play my Doom, quake and Quake 2 games.

that isn't the only reason, anyone whining about having to make an account is weird,

It's the ones TRYING to or want to and they can't.

I explain here

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
i leaved the forum for some months and this got full of fake concerned xbots and some pc disaster race wankers,what a time to be alive

Reactions: Gediminas
OP
OP
xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024

Because at some point, some company is going to push and idea too far. The first few may get away with it, the next few will be scowled at, then finally someone will say they're fed up with this shit.

That's what this is. Microsoft took their fair share of fuckings as well. They got slammed for their attempt at DRM where other services got away with it.

It's best not to look at the micro (it's Sony) and focus on the macro (gamers had enough of greedy corpos)

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is this thread parody? I had to link my Xbox account yesterday to play SoT. Unless you can skip that step and I didn't notice?

IMG_3984.jpeg

OP
OP
xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
dont buy the fucking game them,dont play the fucking game,go out and touch some grass fake troll
Don't buy Xbox one then if you want to be on the internet
Don't buy Kinect id you don't want to dance
Don't subscribe to gamepass if you don't like it
Don't buy Nintendo remakes if they're too expensive
Don't buy trilogy remake if you don't want to play it
Don't buy anthem day 1 if you think it's shit

Same energy

Reactions: Yuniac

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Is this thread parody? I had to link my Xbox account yesterday to play SoT. Unless you can skip that step and I didn't notice?

View attachment 4907
did they delist the game in all the countries they previously sold in before this, or was this mandatory since the beginning with no leniency?

Did they sell in regions they knowingly do not support? Thought so.

Reactions: Yuniac

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Don't buy Xbox one then if you want to be on the internet
Don't buy Kinect id you don't want to dance
Don't subscribe to gamepass if you don't like it
Don't buy Nintendo remakes if they're too expensive
Don't buy trilogy remake if you don't want to play it
Don't buy anthem day 1 if you think it's shit

Same energy
dont act like a fake ps fan to stir shit on forums

same energy

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
did they delist the game in all the countries they previously sold in before this, or was this mandatory since the beginning with no leniency?

Did they sell in regions they knowingly do not support? Thought so.

I don’t know, but also I don’t give a shit if someone in Uganda can’t link his Xbox account.

Where you trying to answer my question?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
you're breaking ToS then, you're lucky. Others have been banned for this.
Stop making shit up, he is not 'lucky', that's how it was from Inception. Ten of thousands accounts are created like this, 3rd world countries, trophy hunters etc.. all has multiple accounts trailing from creation of PSN.

@Bo_Hazem has one for 15 years, me having US account from EU, i know my whole country creating accounts from other countries, no one is getting banned.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Stop making shit up, he is not 'lucky', that's how it was from Inception. Ten of thousands accounts are created like this, 3rd world countries, trophy hunters etc.. all has multiple accounts trailing from creation of PSN.

@Bo_Hazem has one for 15 years, me having US account from EU, i know my whole country creating accounts from other countries, no one is getting banned.

Since PS3 when PSN official country support was laughable at the beginning . Now, all of a sudden TOS matters. LOL

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
No. I left that ecosystem a long time ago. Not making an account for one or two games a decade I might buy from them.