Xbox Tokyo Game Show announcements

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yakuza 8, Metaphor and Persona 6 are not included in Game Pass. For now, Sega has the brains to sell big games at full price.

Reactions: anonpuffs

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Sega is on my shitlist, not buying their games unless it's on a deep deep sale. Poor Atlus stuck with that mafia.

Microsoft might as well buy them since they get all their games Day 1 on GP.
After Yakuza 7 next-gen version being a timed Xbox exclusive they can go fuck themselves. If they want to branch out and support Xbox, sure, but spitting in the face of longtime fans by making it exclusive is a joke. Also people can talk about how it being on Xbox doesn't really affect you, but if it is on GP I feel like I'm wasting money buying it full price if they will give it away to xboxcels in exchange for some money. You don't whore out a valuable franchise like that, you make yourself look worse.

Last edited:

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Did Phil Spencer really fly all the way to Japan for this 🤣 not very economically friendly of you Philly boy 🤣
Not necessarily. Phil's trying to play the long game with Japan as well.

He invited Japanese influencers to the official watch party and did a personal meet & greet with them, and it seems to have at least been semi-effective as some of them seemed to be giddy to have been given personal time from high-ranking executives.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Xbox astroturfing campaigns launch over there soon.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
A lot of people saying Genki has always been an Xbox fanboy and originally presented himself as "Xbox fan in Japan".

He has apparently gone full on Phil ass kisser in the last 24 hours.
I don't know about that, he's been getting a ton of hate and harassment from Xbox fanboys for a while on Twitter just for saying that FF16 sold well and that Japanese games skip Xbox because they sell poorly. But also he did meet and speak with Phil in person at TGS so maybe that might've swayed him a bit 😂 He also said stuff like "we finally got Octopath Traveller 2 on Xbox"....even though he's had that game on Switch 7 months ago 😂🤣 So idk where that "we" stuff came from, something is off about him

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I don't know about that, he's been getting a ton of hate and harassment from Xbox fanboys for a while on Twitter just for saying that FF16 sold well and that Japanese games skip Xbox because they sell poorly. But also he did meet and speak with Phil in person at TGS so maybe that might've swayed him a bit 😂 He also said stuff like "we finally got Octopath Traveller 2 on Xbox"....even though he's had that game on Switch 7 months ago 😂🤣 So idk where that "we" stuff came from, something is off about him

Dude he's getting mildly trashed in his tweets that's just sad but warranted.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
A lot of people saying Genki has always been an Xbox fanboy and originally presented himself as "Xbox fan in Japan".

He wants that Microsoft paycheque.

Dudes in the comments are mad about ff being so close with PS but are perfectly fine with MS gobbling up multiple pubs.

Good screw these greedy bastards.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Yeah, he needs to pump the brakes on his Xbox Japan talking points. It's funny he's gone on record multiple times saying Xbox getting Japanese games that have been on PS and Nintendo prior isn't gonna move the needle for Xbox in Japan. Yet, he goes back and forth saying that and then telling Phil he's doing good bringing those games to Xbox. Lol. Genki's talking points bout Xbox have been annoying cause I think he knows Xbox is dead in Japan and they're never gonna take off. Xbox has had 21 years to do something in Japan, but the white flag was already thrown in in its first year.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Genki honestly is more "whatever makes the Japanese games market thrive". If Phil is investing in Japan, he's happy. If Jim is investing in Japan, he's happy.

But yeah, he's clearly riding high on Xbox after the special attention they gave him. Which, as I said, was part of their plan of "investment".

Reactions: Bryank75