a BIG Xbox title is coming to PlayStation NEXT WEEK according to Shinobi

Reaper

16 Aug 2024
I think exclusives should be a thing of the past, i.e. all Xbox or Sony games should be available on all platforms, not Microsoft and Sony locking those games to their platforms. Everyone deserves to play Xbox or PlayStation games regardless of platform. I don't see any problem with Microsoft and Sony publishing their games on all platforms even though the Xbots and PlayStation fanboys disagree.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
I'm seeing rumors in the Arab games journalism scene that the mystery game is a (now former) Xbox exclusive that's not out yet. It's supposedly an Action title too.

Tweet translates to:
According to the media figure Omar Al-Amoudi: "The Xbox exclusive that will be announced for PlayStation is an action game that has not yet been released on Xbox devices."

The rumor is coming from this Twitter space that he had a few hours ago (a bit hard to parse what he's saying because he's having a lot of little mic cut outs while he's talking). Go to the 7:30 mark.

I'm still listening so might get more info out of it, and will x-post to other threads if needed.

------
With this info, my money is now firmly on Indiana Jones, it's confirmed showing up in Gamescom, it's an action game that's slated for Xbox consoles, but isn't out yet (which excludes Starfield). This is the game that fits the most in my opinion.

If it's indeed Indiana Jones, then that could be a massive L for Phil Spencer, because he paid for full exclusivity of the title (as revealed during the FTC trial), so if the game comes out on PS5 around launch time, then that is basically money and effort wasted for no actual gain.

Reactions: laynelane

Reaper

16 Aug 2024
I'm seeing rumors in the Arab games journalism scene that the mystery game is a (now former) Xbox exclusive that's not out yet. It's supposedly an Action title too.

Tweet translates to:
According to the media figure Omar Al-Amoudi: "The Xbox exclusive that will be announced for PlayStation is an action game that has not yet been released on Xbox devices."

The rumor is coming from this Twitter space that he had a few hours ago (a bit hard to parse what he's saying because he's having a lot of little mic cut outs while he's talking). Go to the 7:30 mark.

I'm still listening so might get more info out of it, and will x-post to other threads if needed.

------
With this info, my money is now firmly on Indiana Jones, it's confirmed showing up in Gamescom, it's an action game that's slated for Xbox consoles, but isn't out yet (which excludes Starfield). This is the game that fits the most in my opinion.

If it's indeed Indiana Jones, then that could be a massive L for Phil Spencer, because he paid for full exclusivity of the title (as revealed during the FTC trial), so if the game comes out on PS5 around launch time, then that is basically money and effort wasted for no actual gain.

Maybe Marvel's Blade

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Maybe Marvel's Blade
Not part of the show next week.

(Also that one has 0 doubt for me, it's actually the game that sparked the rumors because they wouldn't say it's exclusive even during the announce).

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Simulators are more of a PC thing, very niche in console. But Flight Simulator is very good (got 90-91 in MC) and has 42 years of history (the first one was released in 1982), so I'm sure some people may be interested on it.

I assume some people would prefer to see Forza Horizon, Halo or maybe even if just to laugh Starfield, but I think Flight Sim would be a good, well received addition.
Could be yes... But I guess we'll see which game it is soon hopefully.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Could be yes... But I guess we'll see which game it is soon hopefully.
I assume that the next announcement may feature only a game if it's a big seller like Forza Horizon.

But I assume that in case of niche games with way less potential sales (Flight Sim, Killer Instinct, Battletoads, Rare Replay, Redfall...) they may announce multiple ones in a row, a batch like the previous one.

Reactions: YeezyDude

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom

Tweet translates to:

------

What about Avowed?

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I think exclusives should be a thing of the past, i.e. all Xbox or Sony games should be available on all platforms, not Microsoft and Sony locking those games to their platforms. Everyone deserves to play Xbox or PlayStation games regardless of platform. I don't see any problem with Microsoft and Sony publishing their games on all platforms even though the Xbots and PlayStation fanboys disagree.
sony just won’t put their games on Xbox, but they’ll be all on Switch 2, matter of time

Reaper

16 Aug 2024
sony just won’t put their games on Xbox, but they’ll be all on Switch 2, matter of time
I don't think Sony will put their games on Nintendo's next platform, whatever it's called, because Nintendo, unlike Sony, would never put their games on PlayStation. I'd rather support Nintendo than Sony or Microsoft. I think it's great that Nintendo will never put their games on stupid consoles like PlayStation and Xbox.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I don't think Sony will put their games on Nintendo's next platform, whatever it's called, because Nintendo, unlike Sony, would never put their games on PlayStation. I'd rather support Nintendo than Sony or Microsoft. I think it's great that Nintendo will never put their games on stupid consoles like PlayStation and Xbox.

Nintendo is garbage and once they've been defeated by a pathetic switch successor, they'll be forced to prostitute themselves and sell their games on glorious god consoles like Playstation. Your precious weeaboo squee Mario game? I'll be playing in on the Dualsense 2.

Anyway, you're the alt of that trashheap poster that was banned for the same shit, so just read this, weep, and enjoy the upcoming van.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I assume that the next announcement may feature only a game if it's a big seller like Forza Horizon.

But I assume that in case of niche games with way less potential sales (Flight Sim, Killer Instinct, Battletoads, Rare Replay, Redfall...) they may announce multiple ones in a row, a batch like the previous one.
Yes exactly... Either 1-2 big games or a couple of not so big games but still ones that will sell like some of the games you mentioned... KI, FS etc. (y)

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

These morons keep coming up with different goal posts to deal with the copium. Ironic since they hyped up Series X/S launch because of back complat support. Now all of a sudden it’s who buying a console to play a 3 years old game? LMAO!

Yall make fun of Xbox fans for the same things yall get mad about when games get ported to PC.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Finally a sane pe-
I think it's great that Nintendo will never put their games on stupid consoles like PlayStation and Xbox.
Oh you're just a hypocritical nintendo fanboy nevermind. Rules for thee but not for me and all that jazz. Cmon if you're gonna purport being against exclusives you can't just go and say in your next breath you're glad nintendo makes exclusives. Literally "it's okay when my preferred platform does it"

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Switch is trash and has trash controls, clearly not even designed for an adult.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Yall make fun of Xbox fans for the same things yall get mad about when games get ported to PC.

I'm not as vehement about it as some, but part of the reason people are worried about PC releases is that it hasn't worked out so well for Xbox. With the addition of tiered subscription services, PC ports, etc. - some people see it as Sony emulating Xbox's losing strategy. It's a valid point to consider although real life results have not occurred to support it. Maybe they never will or maybe it's just a matter of time.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Wasn’t there a story about an amazon uk listing that indicated it’s Forza Horizon?

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Wasn’t there a story about an amazon uk listing that indicated it’s Forza Horizon?

I think that's been debunked. It was listed as "Ps5", for example. It could be true, I guess, but that listing wasn't an official one.