Apple Vision Pro comes out in 2024, and will start at $3499

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Every way possible, except no haptics, 2 hour battery life, no games, literally 7x more expensive. lmaoooo
It’s not for gaming. And it’s not tethered. The display, processing power, sound, cameras, pass through, etc is generations beyond PSVR2.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
First impressions on the web I think.

The cinema demo was what really shocked me, though. I played a 3D clip of Avatar: The Way of Water in-headset, on a screen in various viewing modes including a cinema. Apple's mixed reality passthrough can also dim the rest of the world down a bit, in a way like the Magic Leap 2 does with its AR. But the scenes of Way of Water sent little chills through me. It was vivid. This felt like a movie experience. I don't feel that way in other VR headsets.

Full impressions:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Verge impressions, pretty damn positive.

"really positive"
Apple has clearly solved a bunch of big hardware interaction problems with VR headsets, mostly by out-engineering and out-spending everyone else that’s tried. But it has emphatically not really answered the question of what these things are really for yet: the main interface is very much a grid of icons, and most of the demos were basically projections of giant screens with very familiar apps on them.
Was all this made better by the wildly superior Vision Pro hardware? Without question. But was it made more compelling? I don’t know, and I’m not sure I can know with just a short time wearing the headset. I do know that wearing this thing felt oddly lonely.
There are just more questions than answers here, and some of those questions get at the very nature of what it means for our lives to be literally mediated by screens.

Sounds exactly like what it is. A product without a reason to exist.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
"really positive"

Sounds exactly like what it is. A product without a reason to exist.
That’s about how I feel about VR in general, though. this thing clearly is superior from a hardware perspective, as noted in the impressions. The rest will be up to the developers to create uses for it.

I’m interested though, do you think things like magic leap and HoloLens serve no purpose as well?

D

Deleted member 417

Imagine having an external battery with 2 hour life AND a cable.
Imagine having to use motion controls on a device where latency is key
Imagine having a headset with no games
Imagine charging $3499 as a starting price

The best bit is going to be watching the apple fanboys praise this headset for; having a cable, no games, no pc compatibility and a high price tag, while slagging off the PSVR2 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Well it’s dramatically better in every way possible than the PSVR2 obviously. I’m talking about a pricing standpoint. This is aimed at computing, while PSVR2 is aimed at gaming.
The only dramaticslly better thing here its your sad and miserable attempt to compare apples to oranges,cuco

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well it’s dramatically better in every way possible than the PSVR2 obviously. I’m talking about a pricing standpoint. This is aimed at computing, while PSVR2 is aimed at gaming.

Are you the typical apple evangelist that compares an iPhone that costs >1k with a phone that cost 100 quid and says "it's so much better, it proves apple is the best"? Because it seems like it.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
$3500 is easy money

@ghostz promises that he will buy it for each one of us here
Happy Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Well I knew the price would be ludicrous but damn. And this with the Meta Quest 3 around the corner, and the Quest Pro costing $1500.

Guess they have a lot of R&D money they want to recoup 😄

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Are you the typical apple evangelist that compares an iPhone that costs >1k with a phone that cost 100 quid and says "it's so much better, it proves apple is the best"? Because it seems like it.
Nah its the new "thing" among xbots,praise to hell anything they percibe as a menace for the psvr2,you can see that shit on era too

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023

iPhone has a class leading display, battery, eco system, processing power, and camera. So no, I compare it to android devices that are more expensive…. That still don’t compare.