Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
This is why MS always fails with Xbox and their fans end up disappointed from fantasy hopes and dreams.

Having all those IP characters doesn’t mean you can replicate the success of Astrobot. Those characters already exist for years. MS didn’t creat them. They just own them now.

You can’t throw them all together, or creat a single game, and expect to make some huge 95 metacritic global million selling IP. That’s not how it works.

Sony created Astrobot. It’s a brand new character. Same way Nintendo created Mario. Astrobot also celebrates all the first and 3rd party games that appeared on PlayStation since 1994. MS cannot do that with Xbox.

Instead trying to imitate other successful brands and games. MS needs to go make their own new IP with its own ideas and worlds. Spending $80B on publishers doesn’t do that.
Exactly. MS doesn’t have a studio on the level of Team Asobi that create a game like Astro. They can make a platformer, but it won’t be Mario/Astro tier.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yes for 2024, it has passed College Football 25 in sale's on Amazon. This tells me lots of parents are getting this, normally only Switch games sale this good on Amazon.
That's hard to believe. I'm thinking the game came out today and they are still adjusting stuff behind the scenes so it's not 100% accurate 🤔

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That's hard to believe. I'm thinking the game came out today and they are still adjusting stuff behind the scenes so it's not 100% accurate 🤔
Astro Sales exploded on PSN yesterday so, I def think Amazon isn't tallying total sales for Astro Bot as yet but it's just a reflection of the fact it's outselling College Football Now.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
dang the triangle levels are actually a little hard, the armadillo ball one had me stumped for like half an hour before i beat it

Reactions: Entropi

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The Bot of War level is extraordinary. I had a big smile on my face from beginning to end. I’d pay full price for a full bot of war DLC.
The music during that level, I really think rebirth has some serious competition for sound design and audio

• they're_right_you_know

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Just 10 minutes in and loving it already. The game has a lot of traction on social media right now and is the best selling game on many Amazon stores.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
It's really just how games used to get made

Everyone doing a bit of everything

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
The Bot of War level is extraordinary. I had a big smile on my face from beginning to end. I’d pay full price for a full bot of war DLC.
If you thought that level was good, the level you play after you beat the chameleon boss is nostalgia filled.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They fucked up so hard. Herman not buying them in 2022 biggest fuck up in gaming
nah playstation doesn't need their dumb asses dragging down the company. i love square games but their management sucks donkey balls