Astrobot hype-train!

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why would I do that when I already have a perfectly good PC and Sony will very likely port it in the near future?

Why port beg here if you are so convinced?

Like you are gonna buy it anyway.

If it does you will complain about price and say platformers don’t do well on PC.

“Please port Bloodborne”.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Why port beg here if you are so convinced?

Like you are gonna buy it anyway.

If it does you will complain about price and say platformers don’t do well on PC.

“Please port Bloodborne”.
So, hoping a good game eventually comes to my platform is "port begging"? WTF. Why are all the PlayStation gamers on this board so weirdly aggressive about Sony porting games to PC?

Reactions: TrishaCat

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So, hoping a good game eventually comes to my platform is "port begging"? WTF. Why are all the PlayStation gamers on this board so weirdly aggressive about Sony porting games to PC?
Same way people are "weirdly aggressive" about wanting every Sony game on PC and get dismissive when asked to buy the hardware to play the game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This is a Playstation fan forum, is it really so surprising that a number of hardcore Playstation fans don't like it when they don't have exclusives?
It's silly for sure, games being on another platform doesn't suddenly make the Playstation version cease to exist, but some people feel slighted, like their investment in Playstation was unnecessary, or perhaps like something they paid a premium for is unfairly being granted access to others

Reactions: Dr. E99

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just out of curiosity, if you were to play it on a PC, what kind of controller would you use?

And is it even possible to play it with M + Kb?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Just out of curiosity, if you were to play it on a PC, what kind of controller would you use?

This is hypothetical, but generally in games like this the mouse controls the camera, space bar jumps, left click acts as the cross button and right click as a circle button, with various other keys tied to what other buttons would be.
Platformers and similar types of games don't typically play well with mouse and keyboard, but they are generally functional. Unless the game makes heavy use of gyro or the touch pad or other very controller specific tools it should be functional enough.
I can't imagine why anyone would play something like this without a controller though.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw and Dr. E99

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024

I would use my generic Xbox One controller. It'll probably be possible to play with KBM, but it would definitely be awkward for a game like this.

Reactions: Sircaw

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Cause most PC gamers simply want these games on PC to soothe your ego’s.

For bragging rights.

99% of Sony PC ports have sold like shit. That is proof enough.

A platformer dedicated to Playstation nostalgia isn’t gonna do any better.

It is the last game that should appear on PC or any other platform.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
99% of Sony PC ports have sold like shit. That is proof enough.
Didn't most of the PC ports come out 3,4,5 years or more after the initial release on PlayStation? Interest will tend to die off. With Spider-Man Remastered, that was day and date with PS5 and it sold 1.5 million in 6 months on PC. Helldivers 2 sold a ton on PC, day and date with PS5. I think part of the reason typically is because Sony used to release them so many years later. There of course can be other contributing factors as well.

It is the last game that should appear on PC or any other platform.
I agree, this game seems like the Donkey Kong of Nintendo. It's the system seller and why PS consumers buy a PS. I suspect it will get ported later, assuming that what the developer said was in kind, wanting to hear from PC gamers about this being ported.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

I AM ASTRO COCK!

ASTRO COCK!

I AM ASTRO COCK!

ASTRO COCK!

Astro Grow GIF by PlayStation

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: anonpuffs