Axios: 11 members of Congress argue Sony is unfairly hurting Xbox in Japan

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I also saw some south korea xbox account pushing this today as well. Seems coordinated but to what end? I have also observed anyone with a hifi rush avatar is a fantatic. Like Deranged fanboy cult status.
Yep. They wouldn't care about hifi if it wasn't exclusive.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This is the same letter as before, look at the date. Dont know why xbots are rehashing this. Probably got a group chat text from greenberg to recycle this because they have nothing to talk about until June.
It's kinda funny how they all decided to take a standard practice in the industry that everyone does and demonize the hell out of it once Sony started having more than Xbox.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It's kinda funny how they all decided to take a standard practice in the industry that everyone does and demonize the hell out of it once Sony started having more than Xbox.
Sony doesn’t even have that many more, or might even have less timed exclusives than Microsoft if someone made a list. They seem have this weird obsession with ff7 in particular like they’re entitled to it. If Sony funded it they should put a joint statement out with square and explain, hey sony is the reason this project even exists.

Also the US is seemingly losing influence every day. I don’t know why they think they can bully all their Allie’s especially over something stupid like Xbox in japan.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Microsoft is so ridiculous. I can’t hear this crying anymore. What in the world did Microsoft thinking by trying to push a political agenda???
Politics never cared about video games, there are much more important matters to solve. And coincidentally all this peeps which are grizzling about this nonsense are heavily sponsored by Microsoft…
Microsoft is the entire circus I swear it.

lol, ms have the world's most useless government writing their letters of "unfair competition"😂😂

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Sony doesn’t even have that many more, or might even have less timed exclusives than Microsoft if someone made a list. They seem have this weird obsession with ff7 in particular like they’re entitled to it. If Sony funded it they should put a joint statement out with square and explain, hey sony is the reason this project even exists.

Also the US is seemingly losing influence every day. I don’t know why they think they can bully all their Allie’s especially over something stupid like Xbox in japan.

They're upset that Sony signed deals for really high profile games. They don't think Sony's deals should be allowed to be more substantial than Microsoft's.

I think Sony is considered a fairly important domestic business to the Japanese government and I doubt they would allow it to be screwed over by a foreign entity in their country.

I still think MS are trying to grease the wheels on a Sega buyout though or at the very least prevent Sony from making more deals or buying Square over there.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
They're upset that Sony signed deals for really high profile games. They don't think Sony's deals should be allowed to be more substantial than Microsoft's.

I think Sony is considered a fairly important domestic business to the Japanese government and I doubt they would allow it to be screwed over by a foreign entity in their country.

I still think MS are trying to grease the wheels on a Sega buyout though or at the very least prevent Sony from making more deals or buying Square over there.
Microsoft going down this Anti Asian stance strikes of hubris to me. Yes attack Asian companies an countries at a time where politcal loyalties are changing on a dime. Most of the games industry revloves around asia so im not quite sure why microsoft is so front and center about attacking them.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Microsoft going down this Anti Asian stance strikes of hubris to me. Yes attack Asian companies an countries at a time where politcal loyalties are changing on a dime. Most of the games industry revloves around asia so im not quite sure why microsoft is so front and center about attacking them.
I'm surprised at how Japan is so chill with these recent MS attacks they are really going hard with the anti-Japanese stuff.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Finally a journalist which speaks about this charade!

Source is over 2 weeks old and the twitter accounts promoting it are bottom of the barrell teir. Its literal agitprop, meant to dispirit, i guess, people from playing or buying a ps5?

Reactions: Zzero

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Source is over 2 weeks old and the twitter accounts promoting it are bottom of the barrell teir. Its literal agitprop, meant to dispirit, i guess, people from playing or buying a ps5?
These morons think twitter is relevant lol

Reactions: Zzero

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If somehow they banned the concept of a third party deal, couldnt a SIE rep meet another companies rep at a local pub and give money under the table so there isnt a contract? The way this generation is going sales wise and with gamepass killing sales, its going to get to the point sony wont have to pay for exclusives.

• brain
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If somehow they banned the concept of a third party deal, couldnt a SIE rep meet another companies rep at a local pub and give money under the table so there isnt a contract? The way this generation is going sales wise and with gamepass killing sales, its going to get to the point sony wont have to pay for exclusives.
There's no way blocking third party deals can happen. This would have ramifications beyond gaming. You have certain stores that sell exclusive content not owned by them. This is done by all kinds of industries in all types of stores, there's simply no fucking way this could happen at all.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
MS definition of competition:
- They can buy the biggest publishers on the market and remove their games from PlayStation where they actually sell the most.
- They can pay devs to include their games on Gamepass and delay them or not release on PlayStation.
- They can operate their Xbox division in the red for decades.
- PlayStation is anti-American for existing and shouldn't be able to do anything.
- Nintendo is fine despite doing the same things as Sony and having a stronger position in Japan.
- They don't care about PlayStation, this is all about Google/Amazon.

Sony doesn't actually need any moneyhats, it's not like Xbox fans would go out and buy Final Fantasy. Many devs already skip Xbox or ask MS for money to port their game to Xbox.

Last edited: