Baldur's Gate III | Review Thread

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
But people *would* support them. The big problem with studios now (and not just Sony) is that they are afraid to experiment with a new IP and disrupt the regular inflow of sales. It's especially worse this generation since it started as not a single AAA developer has risked indulging in a new IP. And it shows with all these sequels that have the same gameplay as their predecessors. I'm tired of the same old Uncharted, Last of Us, Horizon, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Diablo, Doom, Resident Evil, Zelda, Spiderman, etc.. etc..

BG3 is even a sequel but at least it's so far from it's predecessor in gameplay, length, and design that it's practically a new IP. Same goes for FROM's Elden Ring. Bethsoft, no matter what anyone says, decided to try something totally different and I hope they will be rewarded for their efforts.

Yes, I’m so happy good original new IP like Returnal managed to sell millions of copies like spider-man and God of war

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So the conversations above have nothing to do with balduers gate 3 ?

You guys need to go back to topic bro dont derail the thread with other games

Have anyone here played the game
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Mod edit: off-topic conversation removed.

Baldur's Gate 3 is amazing, and well deserving of the scores it's getting. A true role-playing RPG :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Mod edit: off-topic conversation removed.

Baldur's Gate 3 is amazing, and well deserving of the scores it's getting. A true role-playing RPG :cool:

I was going to reply to your crying rant to say "yes, you can say baldurs gate is incredible" because it is. You don't need to shit on other games just because BG is that good.

End of off-topic, sorry mods.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I'm tired of the same old TLOU, Horizon and Spider-Man. Sony literally made 2 of them with years between releases and the sequel is not even out yet. The last Uncharted was in 2016
The argument isn't the amount of time between their sequels. It's about the changes made to the core gameplay mechanics. It is what it is man. None of these businesses are perfect and that goes for Sony + Nintendo.

I'm putting you in the clown category with your boyfriend Remi.
Not sure why you are taking this personally. Very weird.

Back on topic!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just a hint…

You guys talks about CRPG and Action games as they where similar and they are not.

The cinematic action games won’t stop to exists because there are a big market for it… yes gamers loves it.

And it doesn’t need to be like a CRPG that have it own market.

While I love CRPGs and I’m buying Baldur’s Gate 3 day one… I’m starved for a good cinematic action game… the last good one was TLOU2 in 2020… we need more.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Yes, fantastic game, the only bad thing about it is the incessant load screens. Every little thing requires a load screen and they're all pretty long (15-30 seconds) and I have the game installed on a fast SSD too. Coming from playing on the PS5 to PC and seeing all these constant load screens is annoying as hell 😡

I wonder if the PS5 version will have these load issues

• brain
Reactions: Frozone

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Yes, I played the game. I'm planning on making the OT for the PS5 version if no one else does.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
If “Cinematic bullshit” is followed with good combat and gameplay then Im all for it.

I dont get dweebs who complain about cutscenes, walking and talking and “cinematic“ segments but wont complain about games that make you stand in front of an NPC to talk over and over again followed by mediocre combat…..

If conversations with NPC’s are so important and choices go play a Gamebook/CYOA lol
A Advice, any retard who uses the "cinematic" argument to throw shit at any game its the usual weaboo dumbass who thinks he is too cool for the school

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023

54 Hours In, I'm in Act 2. The game deserves all the high praise it's getting. Proper RPG, very reactive to the player. Amazing companions with good backstories, and very good character development(something I find rare in video games compared to other media). Great voice acting. The narrator is a masterful touch, more so than in DOS2. Playing as a Paladin/Warlock multiclass BTW, my party is Astarion, Gale & ShadowHeart

Last edited:

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Just a hint…

You guys talks about CRPG and Action games as they where similar and they are not.
That's exactly what I said last page. Not sure why G&M would agree with this sentence with an emoji ("He's right you know").

The cinematic action games won’t stop to exists because there are a big market for it… yes gamers loves it.
Exactly.

And it doesn’t need to be like a CRPG that have it own market.
Yup.

Reactions: ethomaz

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
54 Hours In, I'm in Act 2. The game deserves all the high praise it's getting. Proper RPG, very reactive to the player. Amazing companions with good backstories, and very good character development(something I find rare in video games compared to other media). Great voice acting. The narrator is a masterful touch, more so than in DOS2. Playing as a Paladin/Warlock multiclass BTW, my party is Astarion, Gale & ShadowHeart
Everything in the game just breeds polish. Even the sounds of the weapons and spells are alluring to hear. I haven't gotten to Act 2 yet as I want to thoroughly explore everything (every box, chest, hidden doorway, etc..). I hear Act 2 is short and Act 3 is the longest game time. I'm a little over 60hrs still in Act 1.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Some shots from the Steam Deck
Everything in the game just breeds polish. Even the sounds of the weapons and spells are alluring to hear. I haven't gotten to Act 2 yet as I want to thoroughly explore everything (every box, chest, hidden doorway, etc..). I hear Act 2 is short and Act 3 is the longest game time. I'm a little over 60hrs still in Act 1.
Wait until Act 3... The polish falls off and bugs start popping up more frequently.

Still the current GOTY though, bugs and all 👑

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Some shots from the Steam Deck

Wait until Act 3... The polish falls off and bugs start popping up more frequently.

Still the current GOTY though, bugs and all 👑
Yea, I'm sortof waiting longer to get there so that Act 3 gets more polish. Larian has been kicking out lots of hotfixes and hopefully their first full patch comes in before I get to Act 3.

Reactions: Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Why is the community pitting BG3 against Starfield? That's a really weird comparison.
Yea that tweet is truly pathetic. LOL comparing pre-load dates and questioning/claiming a game is "in trouble" because it pre-loads closer to release lmao...

Reactions: Frozone

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why is the community pitting BG3 against Starfield? That's a really weird comparison.

Yea that tweet is truly pathetic. LOL comparing pre-load dates and questioning/claiming a game is "in trouble" because it pre-loads closer to release lmao...

The same reason “people” (Xbots) were putting Elden Ring against Horizon 2 even though they are different genres and FromSoft is also partly owned by PS... That made no sense what so ever but we know why

At least this is 2 WRPG’s

Last edited: