billbil_kun: Horizon Forbidden West will soon be available on PC

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Keep in mind they paid Bungie 3.6 billions so they can add that 200 millions under their "PC revenue" for FY22. It's getting reinvested in Bungie anyway, you're not getting Ico 3 or more Gravity Rush.
I don't ask them for ICO 3 or more Gravity Rush.

I actually dislike the sequelitis in modern media and would always take new IPs.

With that said, I think a lot of people here don't really give enough credit to the Sony PC strategy, it's going to show its fruits in due time.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
is pc a tiny audience not worth the sales, or a massive audience whose sales draw devalues the ps5?

PC is a huge audience that does not really buy Playstation games, but seems to love to pirate them. GoW was downloaded over 3M times following its release on PC.

Reactions: Box and Ludwig

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Visiting the continuous resentment at Sony doing what they promised they would do. Why can't we just get over it? These games coming to PC aren't going to change anytime soon, so why complain about it everytime we hear the next announcement? It is what it is.

I'm not double dipping on this. HFW is extremely boring to me right now. I liked the first one's story much better.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Visiting the continuous resentment at Sony doing what they promised they would do. Why can't we just get over it? These games coming to PC aren't going to change anytime soon, so why complain about it everytime we hear the next announcement? It is what it is.

I'm not double dipping on this. HFW is extremely boring to me right now. I liked the first one's story much better.
Agree with the story part. I liked HFW story but not as much as HZD.

Reactions: Frozone

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
That's because they don't release day and date. If they did that, sales would be much stronger. A 2 year delay won't maximize sales

Yeah the sales would be 750 copies! Instead of 500

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Why did you cut the slide? It says all Destiny PC revenue for 2022 is included in the 250m.

Destiny was huge last year with the highest CCU ever on Steam and a new expansion. They paid 3 billions to make those 200 millions revenue. Even if they had zero ports they would still make it.

GOW, Spider-Man and Horizon will stay the biggest sellers on PC. Everything else flopped, good luck making more than 50 millions with the rest.

HFW will never sell more than HZD on PC. It was like a novelty. It's over.
Fixed it

• Shake

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
As a reference, the first Horizon sold until now around aprox. 2.5M copies on Steam and has 87.6% positive user reviews (91% for the recent ones).

Yeah, and we all know games like it and Days Gone sold so well on PC at the time. Forbidden West will flop on PC like everything else they've released. A Playstation game coming to PC is no longer an event. Sony dropped the ball in making PC players feel like they should be happy to be getting these games.

• they're_right_you_know

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They need to do day and date releases. Sales would be much stronger. A 2 two year delay is bad

They need to do the same thing that killed Xbox. Got it.

Maybe they should do day and date on Nintendo and Xbox as well, just fully embrace the market.

Reactions: Box

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
You guys shouldn't be surprised

A9lgs48.png

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, and we all know games like it and Days Gone sold so well on PC at the time. Forbidden West will flop on PC like everything else they've released. A Playstation game coming to PC is no longer an event. Sony dropped the ball in making PC players feel like they should be happy to be getting these games.
Bullshit. Horizon 1, Days Gone, God of War, TLOU or Spider-Man are a big success on PC. So as all the other Sony big sellers (with Uncharted as the exception, maybe because it was too old or because they started porting with the 4th instead of the 1st) Forbidden West would be a success in PC too as it is a success on PS.

As an example TLOU and Spider-Man already sold almost the same than Days Gone on PC even if their PC port is way more recent.

Last edited:

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
They need to do the same thing that killed Xbox. Got it.

Maybe they should do day and date on Nintendo and Xbox as well, just fully embrace the market.
No that didn't kill Xbox. If Sony wants to make bank off of PC. That's the way to do it

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Bullshit. Horizon 1, Days Gone, God of War, TLOU or Spider-Man are a big success on PC. So as all the other Sony big sellers (with Uncharted as the exception, maybe because it was too old or because they started porting with the 4th instead of the 1st) Forbidden West would be a success in PC too as it is a success on PS.

As an example TLOU and Spider-Man already sold almost the same than Days Gone on PC even if their PC port is way more recent.
Spiderman made 52 million dollars and TLOU made 16 million dollars. How can you call that a success? On PS Spiderman sold 3.3 million in three days.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I agree 100%. The first games until God Of War was like a novelty. OMG I'm playing GOW on Steam Deck!!!

But now no one cares about their trash ports. TLOU underperformed and was a laughingstock for a week. Spider-man sold a little better but nothing crazy, they sell the same amount on PS in a few days.

The rest lol better not talk about it. Shameful sales.

Reactions: Danja

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Spiderman made 52 million dollars and TLOU made 16 million dollars. How can you call that a success? On PS Spiderman sold 3.3 million in three days.
The PC ports only require a handful guys working during a few months, which is very cheap compared what it did cost to make the original PS versions.

That means each port will provide dozens of millions in profit, which is a big success. As of now the Spider-Man port sold around 1.9M copies wih only a few times being discounted a 25% or 33%. Ignoring discounts and removing the 30% cut, that would be $79M. And they won't remove the game today, it will continue selling.

TLOU sold on PC around 1M and only had a single discounts a few days of 20%. Ignoring that discount and removing Valve's 30% that's $41M.

So until now Sony made around $100M+ in profits (the cost of the port must have been very low) only with Spider-Man and TLOU PC ports. That's a big success. And they will keep selling specially once they get big discounts, since TLOU was released this March and Spider-Man barely a year ago. Plus they also have several ports more selling copies.