Black Myth: Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 90-94%

• 99-100%

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This reply is so unhinged i feel bad for her

I think the reply was in chinese that was run through a machine translator the same way ign ran the dev comments through google translate and wrote a hit piece. But maybe I am giving to much credit to people on internet

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I didn't get a code :( I wish I had so I could share some shots and videos at 4K with RT, but no luck. The PR agency in Latin America had very few codes and they can't promise anything at this point. I will have the game nonetheless cause my brother has a computer store with the nvidia bundle and he gave me a code, but I'll have to wait for the official release.

You werent the only one, only 51 outlets got reviews

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Screenrant author removed her name from the review

2KzbGTw.jpeg
game show fist bump GIF by Deal Or No Deal

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Scored good imo, as per usual some are more critical if it's a new IP and from an unknown studio but the politics in a game based on Chinese mythology..lmao these reviewers man. Thing GameScience thought they might score higher on max fidelity rigs but obviously not everyone has those alongside known UE issues on PC.

Well I'll patiently wait for the physical version got no rush hopefully patched up as well by then for PS5. Good news for Rebirth as GOTY contender, the only one in its way will be Astro.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Hmm. Interesting scores so far. Still gonna wait to see user reviews and then hold off anyway till a sale since not gonna gamble on anything other than Warhammer for the rest of the year.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Kotaku didn't even get a review code but still felt the need to shit on the game

"Black Myth: Wukong was first announced in 2020 via a short but impressive-looking gameplay trailer. Since then, hype around the game has steadily built thanks to its slick combat and gorgeous visuals. However, an IGN report in 2023 alleged that some top individuals at Game Science, the studio behind the game, had participated in awful online discussions about women and fostered a toxic culture at the studio."

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Keys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about Chinakeys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about China. Other forbidden topics are words such as ‘quarantine’ or ‘isolation' or 'COVID-19.

Document

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Keys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about Chinakeys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about China. Other forbidden topics are words such as ‘quarantine’ or ‘isolation' or 'COVID-19.

Document

While I think these topics have nothing to do with the game…

It is not good to send keys asking to not talk about them lol
It is like telling journalists to how to their work that can make some not “comfortable”.

To be fair their process to give review codes were not good at all.

They hey can do better in the next game… after all it is their first.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs