BOMBA: After 3 days of sales, Hellblade 2 is already out of the top 50 on Steam (#54). CCU lower than Hellblade 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
“Support the devs” is ridiculous. So actively avoid using gamepass?

Will they campaign against gamepass now?

It’s pretty disgusting from them to guilt trip people into buying games available on gamepass. I feel it for the devs, I really do but it’s not my responsibility to make sure they stay in business, that’s their publisher’s job. After years and years of pushing Gamepass and Xbox buying studios, now they wanna put the onus on us to keep the devs afloat?

Fuck. Right. Off.

All I wanna do is play gacha games but Xbox fans keep making me upset 😂

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Microsoft is shit but 7 years is too much for such a game with the developer working on well developed 3rd party engine. This could have been a 10 to 12 hour game with much better focus on gameplay, story pacing and combat. NT is now considered a non efficient developer. Publishers and investors won't give them a chance.

Sorry to say this, but I expect them to be shutdown.
I agree, but a longer game with these same non existant and boring gameplay mechanics would make the experience even worse. Imagine having another hour long chapter where you're lighting torches (or something just as banal), or more dull combat where you're mashing X. The interactive aspects of HB2 seem so much like an afterthought, even more-so than part 1 - like they crowbared in the interactive aspects on the back end. If the story was something truly groundbreaking then I might give it more grace, but the story isn't even all that. NT should just go into making films if that's the niche they want to pursue going forward.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They finally made a thread about the awful sales on Era and it's a shitshow. The xbots are so defensive and aggressive. Total damage control, they don't even want to talk about it. I'm pretty sure it's going to get locked soon.

CCU threads are common for new releases but they act all shocked for Xbox games 🤦‍♂️

Debuts at number 30 on Xbox 😬

First Sunday:
Screenshot_20240526_221047_Samsung Internet.jpg
😬😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: The Icon

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They finally made a thread about the awful sales on Era and it's a shitshow. The xbots are so defensive and aggressive. Total damage control, they don't even want to talk about it. I'm pretty sure it's going to get locked soon.

CCU threads are common for new releases but they act all shocked for Xbox games 🤦‍♂️

Debuts at number 30 on Xbox 😬

First Sunday:
View attachment 5151
😬😬😬

Right next to the 5th 30+ thread about FF7 Rebirth and XVI underperforming

No one really considers the developers feelings when its a 3rd party game they all wait in anticipation to fail like Suicide Squad or Foamstars

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Yell The Game Awards GIF by Xbox

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Right next to the 5th 30+ thread about FF7 Rebirth and XVI underperforming

No one really considers the developers feelings when its a 3rd party game they all wait in anticipation to fail like Suicide Squad or Foamstars
You could write 10 books with the amount of threads about FF16 and FF7R. Each thread is at least 30 pages and it's weekly for months (the latest one is at 45 pages 😳)

They are never tired about that subject but they can't deal with 1 about an Xbox exclusive 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Make your bets :

• Ninja Theory is closed in the second half of 2024
  • Ninja Theory is closed in the first half of 2025
In both cases it is after the PS5 port and PS5 Pro patch.

I really don't see an alternative.

• The game didn't sell well after being years in development.
  • The franchise has no future and never should've been greenlit for a mediocre on-rails sequel. 'Psychosis walking simulator' was niche but interesting for one game, but didn't warrant a whole franchise. There's no room for it to grow, except if they go more action oriented, which would require even more years in development given what they were able to do here.
  • The game is 5 hours long, so low engagement for their subscription service.
  • The game isn't "high impact", it isn't well known and doesn't generate hype.
  • The game has no monetization or planned content updates.
  • The game won't increase subscription service subscribers.
This is precisely the type of studio you close down and move away from (after they make the PS5 port of course).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The reeeee thread is so hilarious 🤣
They're all repeating "it's on Game pass! It's a small AA! This thread is stupid!" as if it's the first game ever on a subscription service. We have tons of data to compare by now. The game is a major flop, below every expectations. Just face it instead of all these excuses.

It's like when Starfield came out and flopped, they started saying "It's a new IP!" forgetting they were saying it would hit 1 million CCU before release. It wasn’t a new IP back then 🤡

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Poor console sales.
"Microsoft doesn't care about console sales."

Poor retail sales.
"It's on Game Pass."

Microsoft releasing their games on PlayStation.
"Exclusives are going away. Look at Sony. They're releasing games on PC."

Game Pass with growth for two straight years.
"Phil said it was profitable and sustainable."

1-20 million players.
"Huge success! Congrats Microsoft!

According to Xbox fans, everything Microsoft has published has been successful and has never failed at anything.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Make your bets :

• Ninja Theory is closed in the second half of 2024
  • Ninja Theory is closed in the first half of 2025
In both cases it is after the PS5 port and PS5 Pro patch.

I really don't see an alternative.

• They game didn't sell well after being years in development.
  • The franchise has no future and never should've been greenlit for a mediocre on-rails sequel.
  • The game is 5 hours long, so low engagement for their subscription service.
  • The game isn't "high impact", it isn't well known and doesn't generate hype.
  • The game has no monetization or planned content updates.
  • The game won't increase subscription service subscribers.
This is precisely the type of studio you close down and move away from (after they make the PS5 port of course).
Such a shame about Ninja Theory. They deserve better. I dunno how they went from making a game like DmC to where they at now...

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Poor console sales.
"Microsoft doesn't care about console sales."

Poor retail sales.
"It's on Game Pass."

Microsoft releasing their games on PlayStation.
"Exclusives are going away. Look at Sony. They're releasing games on PC."

Game Pass with growth for two straight years.
"Phil said it was profitable and sustainable."

1-20 million players.
"Huge success! Congrats Microsoft!

According to Xbox fans, everything Microsoft has published has been successful and has never failed at anything.
"As always, Microsoft is just ahead of the game here and Sony will be playing catch up later."
-Real human from the 'next Doom will be multiplatform' thread

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
Status
Not open for further replies.