by sticking to the traditional model... Nintendo Switch 2 will dominate this gen

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
No, in my opinion there is very little risk that it will sell as poorly as the Wii U did in its time.

Nintendo has discontinued “classic” home consoles. Now they only make hybrid consoles even if in reality they are still laptops that can connect to the TV and not the other way around. And in the portable market they have 0 competition and it's not Valve with its Steam Deck and the others who are going to hold their own.

Plus historically Nintendo with portable consoles they know how to sell them, so logically the Switch 2 will have great success, maybe not as strong as the Switch but it will sell well.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
oh definetly, i can see all third party publishers adapting and porting most of their games to this new device, it'll have a more similar architecture to modern consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series, it'll have DLSS support too so developers will for sure make games for it

He will make sure that happens

If Sony doesn’t do something about Square Enix, they will go back to Nintendo with their AAA games.

Which will be bad for us PS5 owners since they will have to compromise on performance and quality.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He will make sure that happens

If Sony doesn’t do something about Square Enix, they will go back to Nintendo with their AAA games.

Which will be bad for us PS5 owners since they will have to compromise on performance and quality.

Maybe, but normally FF is too powerful for Nintendo devices.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I know but a new more powerful Nintendo console is probably enticing to Japanese developers. If they can get their AAA HD games up and running on Switch 2, that will be more than enough for them.
Didnt Square put most there games on Switch anyway apart from the new FF and KH3?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

by sticking to the traditional model... Nintendo Switch 2 will dominate this gen​

No, Sony and Tencent will continue being the market leaders.

while Cloud Gaming remains a complete failure in the gaming industry
It's a growing nascent market, not a failure.

Nintendo not only will have and generate revenue/profit from Call Of Duty every year
Where is the Switch version of the CoD of this year?

but they'll also have Final Fantasy titles (the best selling JRPG franchise in Japan)
Source? Or do you mean another refurbished version of their NES and SNES games?

you'll always remain supreme
They are somewhere in the top 5-top 10 in revenue. Here you have a few random rankings:
Newzoo, Yahoo finance, wikipedia

Yes, I’m sure they will dominate the handheld market again…
Yes, I think this next gen Sony will continue dominating gaming and home consoles markets, and Nintendo the handhelds. But I think Switch 2 won't be as successful as Switch 1 because PS, PC handhelds and mobile will eat part of its market.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Guess depends on how strong Switch 2. Is Nintendo ready to enter current gen standards or stay back a generation or 2 with tech

Nintendo hardware will never be as powerful as a PlayStation console since they’re focused on the hybrid console/handheld design.

My worry is it will be powerful enough to run the same 3rd party games as PS5. Then developers will just make Switch 2 the lowest target hardware specification.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
IconEra turned into a nintendo funclub, even though no one here even owns a Switch lmao
The love-hate relationship with Sony is kinda crazy, this post gives me similar vibes to cheating on your girlfriend becouse she made you mad. It's not about Nintendo being good, you just hate on Sony lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nintendo hardware will never be as powerful as a PlayStation console since they’re focused on the hybrid console/handheld design.

My worry is it will be powerful enough to run the same 3rd party games as PS5. Then developers will just make Switch 2 the lowest target hardware specification.
Yeah GTA6 will be a big deciding factor.

Then in about 2-3 years you’ll get PS6/Next gen, so I wonder how far Nintendo’s tech will go

Reactions: On Demand

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
IconEra turned into a nintendo funclub, even though no one here even owns a Switch lmao
The love-hate relationship with Sony is kinda crazy, this post gives me similar vibes to cheating on your girlfriend becouse she made you mad. It's not about Nintendo being good, you just hate on Sony lol
No one on a gaming enthusiast forum owns a Switch? 😂 Cmon now bro, I've said many times the only IP I really care about from Nintendo these days is Xenoblade, and sometimes Fire Emblem, but they're a bit hit or miss. I'm mainly excited for the Switch 2 because of the 3rd party exclusives they're gonna have. And hopefully they give Sony a much needed wake up call....

But you're partly correct, some of us are disappointed in how Sony chooses to operate this gen, so it makes us appreciate Nintendo more. It's no different from last gen with how awful Xbox was (and still is) it made us appreciate Sony more. It's just that now PlayStation is the new Xbox 🤷‍♂️

The only Nintendo IP I really care about is Xenoblade. I'm checked out on Nintendo until next gen
image.png

• Surprised
Reactions: Zzero and On Demand

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
No one on a gaming enthusiast forum owns a Switch? 😂 Cmon now bro, I've said many times the only IP I really care about from Nintendo these days is Xenoblade, and sometimes Fire Emblem, but they're a bit hit or miss. I'm mainly excited for the Switch 2 because of the 3rd party exclusives they're gonna have. And hopefully they give Sony a much needed wake up call....

But you're partly correct, some of us are disappointed in how Sony chooses to operate this gen, so it makes us appreciate Nintendo more. It's no different from last gen with how awful Xbox was (and still is) it made us appreciate Sony more. It's just that now PlayStation is the new Xbox 🤷‍♂️

image.png
The post was mostly towards OP. I myself dont even own a Switch, but I am looking forward to getting Switch 2 with MP4 and playing through Switch's back catalogue of games.

Reactions: peter42O

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The post was mostly towards OP. I myself dont even own a Switch, but I am looking forward to getting Switch 2 with MP4 and playing through Switch's back catalogue of games.
Oh ok, I honestly thought everyone here owned a Switch lmao. Hard to believe they have 140m+ sold and gaming enthusiasts still dont have one.

But I highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 😎 BOTW/TOTK are great too but a bit overrated, and Fire Emblem series is ok.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Is the traditional model you speak of is selling toys for kids? If so, yeah, they'll do fine. Kids are born everyday. When they grow up though, they'll be looking to spend their money elsewhere.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

I'm not a Nintendo guy but im looking forward to Switch 2 and Metroid Prime 4 which looks great. Hoping it's launch title!!

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Another Switch 2 hype thread. Do certain posters have shares in Nintendo..?

That underpowered portable that will have less than PS4 Pro levels of power and will likely sell for £399, and miss some big third-party games will definitely dominate teh industry...along with the Steam Deck 😄

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Nintendo's equal dedication to cost-efficiency and game quality will always set them apart.

Plus, no other platform holder can replicate that strategy no matter how hard they try. It's so bizarre.
Yep selling ancient tech for a profit, and games which cost about 50k to develop for £70.

Nintendo fans love being rinsed by their overlords.

Reactions: Entropi

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Yep selling ancient tech for a profit, and games which cost about 50k to develop for £70.

Nintendo fans love being rinsed by their overlords.
What you get out of a game matters just as much, if not far more than, what was put into it. I'd gladly put 60 dollars towards a new 3D Mario game, even if it only had Galaxy-level technical specks but wouldn't put five towards Hellblade as anything more than a collectable trophy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ico and arvfab

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
GTA6 will almost 100% get a Switch 2 port, probably around or even ahead of the PC version. T2 & R* will save PC for last so they can get PS, Xbox and Nintendo owners to double-dip there.

It's 99% certain getting a port of GTA6. Or at least definitely the next iteration of GTA Online. The only question is when.

GTA 6: ~ 2026 (1 year or so after PS5 & Xbox)

GTA Online: At or near launch (most six months after PS5)

People act like Rockstar have not made games for Nintendo hardware before but as DMA Design (remember, Rockstar is a subsidiary of T2 formed out of acquired BMG Interactive assets, one of which was DMA Design), they arguably started making their first console exclusives on Nintendo hardware (Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley). Heck, DMA Design (who also made GTA) had several exclusives with Nintendo between the SNES and N64.

That's my roundabout way of saying, R* don't have an aversion to Nintendo hardware. Far from it, especially the DMA Design side of them (which is the side that made the GTA series). Save it being a complete and utter disaster out of the gate, Switch 2 is a lock for getting a version of GTA6.
It will run/look like shit, even compared to the PS and Xbox versions, never mind the PC version.