Can Sony really convert PC players to PS5? DF Clips

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You still bother dealing with Yurinka? 😂😂 it’s like talking to a brick wall,
I answered to his lies, but that whole post applies and will be public for those that argue that Hermen provided an actual answer.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I have no ideia where you take these ideias.

To release all PS games eventually on PC Sony should be releasing way more games… it is clear not all games will release on PC… not even eventually… even the DF video says there is so many games to come to PC and probably Somy doesn’t have plans to port all of them.

Plus I don’t get that ideia of you can’t afford a PC hen you are casual… that doesn’t make sense… there are a lot of people with PC rings so expense that is not even used to games.

My notebook costs over $1500 and I never played a single game on it.

Most gamers on PC doesn’t have a ring expensive and you can see that on Steam survey.

So I really don’t understand why you relate hardcore with people that can afford expensive PC and casuals as not lol
All the new games sony has coming out it will land on pc.

I never said that if you can't afford a pc you're a causal. I said if you're a causal then you shouldn't get a gaming pc. Gaming pcs in my opinion are for euthenists. For a casual video game goer, a console should be more then enough.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
All the new games sony has coming out it will land on pc.

I never said that if you can't afford a pc you're a causal. I said if you're a causal then you shouldn't get a gaming pc. Gaming pcs in my opinion are for euthenists. For a casual video game goer, a console should be more then enough.
That is your wishes... not true.

Gaming pcs for entusiastics are less than 1% of the gamers 🤷‍♂️
Most PC gamer are casual... in fact there are more casuals on PC gaming than consoles.

Reactions: Diah

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
That is your wishes... not true.

Gaming pcs for entusiastics are less than 1% of the gamers 🤷‍♂️
Most PC gamer are casual... in fact there are more casuals on PC gaming than consoles.
pc will always be king if you want the best experience in gaming. it is what it is.

Reactions: ethomaz

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Why are you trying to sell the prospect of pc gaming to people that aren't interested in it Infinity
That sorta thing is one of the things console players find annoying about PCMR ppl. They don't wanna hear about how this other thing is so much better. If they wanted to move to PC they'd come to you or whoever else for information. Let them be

• they're_right_you_know
  • Heart
Reactions: Diah and ethomaz

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
then you're missing out

Not really.

Used to be on PC in the 00s and tried to go back a couple of years ago. Just wasn't for me anymore. I bought a 5800X/6800XT combo and ended up selling the GPU just a few months later.

One of the biggest issues for me was shader stutter and just bad PC ports in general.

I think it's funny how PC players seem to ignore big issues like shader compilation stutter when talking about how much better PC gaming is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Not really.

Used to be on PC in the 00s and tried to go back a couple of years ago. Just wasn't for me anymore. I bought a 5800X/6800XT combo and ended up selling the GPU just a few months later.

One of the biggest issues for me was shader stutter and just bad PC ports in general.

I think it's funny how PC players seem to ignore big issues like shader compilation stutter when talking about how much better PC gaming is.
Should of gotten a NVidia gpu. I have no shader stutter. The vast majority of games run perfect for me.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Should of gotten a NVidia gpu. I have no shader stutter. The vast majority of games run perfect for me.

Yeah.

"Just buy an even more overpriced GPU"

Shader stutter occurs in almost every Unreal Engine game and isn't fixable by the end user. It's not even a GPU issue. The CPU is responsible for compiling shaders.

How about the multiple useless PC launchers you need to run even if you buy a game through Steam? Not anywhere near as big as shader stutter but still annoying.

PC gaming has its own issues and isn't the be all end all. But again, it's cool how PC dudes don't mention stuff like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah and ethomaz

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Yeah.

"Just buy an even more overpriced GPU"

Shader stutter occurs in almost every Unreal Engine game and isn't fixable by the end user. It's not even a GPU issue. The CPU is responsible for compiling shaders.

How about the multiple useless PC launchers you need to run even if you buy a game through Steam? Not anywhere near as big as shader stutter but still annoying.

PC gaming has its own issues and isn't the be all end all. But again, it's cool how PC dudes don't mention stuff like this.
I don't notice any shader stutter. in my games. Running a mini launcher through steam is no biggie. Not a problem. Pc gaming does have issues, but your issues are not issues to me.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
I don't notice any shader stutter. in my games. Running a mini launcher through steam is no biggie. Not a problem. Pc gaming does have issues, but your issues are not issues to me.
Just because you don't notice it doesn't make it any less of an issue.

You told me i'm missing out. I gave you reasons why i'm not.

PC is far from perfect and there are tons of people who don't want to deal with it.

Seeing PCMR dudes bragging about PC gaming, while ignoring legitimate issues is just annoying.

Reactions: Diah and toucandela

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Literally "works on my machine"
Wow very helpful

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Shader compilation issue is present in all UE4 and UE5 games.
I'm not even sure how you can use the "works fine on my machine" lol

Each new UE5 version has Epic trying to improve the shader compilation issues.

And the issue should happen in console too if they didn't ship with the shader already compiled.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yes, because most PC owners don’t have expensive PCs.

This is one fact steam users fail to comprehend.

Reactions: ethomaz

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022

I spent around $4500 on my setup and don't notice stutters.
No you don't have to spend that much I'm just saying it's only possible if at least a couple to few grand is spent.