Can Sony really convert PC players to PS5? DF Clips

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Just because you don't notice it doesn't make it any less of an issue.

You told me i'm missing out. I gave you reasons why i'm not.

PC is far from perfect and there are tons of people who don't want to deal with it.

Seeing PCMR dudes bragging about PC gaming, while ignoring legitimate issues is just annoying.
i never said pc was perfect. It has issues, but like i said, your issues are not mine.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I spent around $4500 on my setup and don't notice stutters.
No you don't have to spend that much I'm just saying it's only possible if at least a couple to few grand is spent.
Shader issues are not related to how powerful is your machine.
Maybe you don't see it because you take your time to fully compile all of them before the game start... not all games have that option.
If you will do on the demand (the default option to all games) not matter the hardware you will have issues the first time it is compiled.

When I say first time... think like when you see a part of the map in your screen the first time it will compile that part on demand... after if you don't uninstall the game it will never compile the shaders of that part again.

So after you have all shaders compiled you will have no issue anymore.
It just the first time you play it that level/map.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
No you don't have to spend that much I'm just saying it's only possible if at least a couple to few grand is spent.

The thing is, shader issues can't be fixed by the consumer no matter what hardware you have. It's mainly an engine and DX12 issue. Only devs can do something about it.

Reactions: ethomaz

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Shader issues are not related to how powerful is your machine.
Maybe you don't see it because you take your time to fully compile all of them before the game start... not all games have that option.
If you will do on the demand (the default option to all games) not matter the hardware you will have issues the first time it is compiled.

When I say first time... think like when you see a part of the map in your screen the first time it will compile that part on demand... after if you don't uninstall the game it will never compile the shaders of that part again.

So after you have all shaders compiled you will have no issue anymore.
It just the first time you play it that level/map.
The thing is, shader issues can't be fixed by the consumer no matter what hardware you have. It's mainly an engine and DX12 issue. Only devs can do something about it.

I don't get them.

Maybe watch better youtubers than DF who only just recently got a real CPU for testing.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
That is a lie ☝️
Lie or ignorance on your part?
I guarantee you haven't tasted of a build close to what I run to understand.

Like I said DF are the ones who started this dumb talk.

They weren't using a modern CPU/mobo when saying it.

Alex battaglia just recently got a 7800X3D...

Google brains everywhere

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
pc players will buy and are buying console for good exclusives and sometimes they stay for more and get converted.
Look at freaking me. I was a pcmr until 2017. I had 360 before but it was never my main just as ps4 and ps5 has become.
My buddy with 4080 got ps5 for gt7.

Now, I got mine for bloodborne, he for gt7. He is now playing stellar blade, finished ff16 and I play everything on ps5 (almost).

But now pc players are used to wait and get the game on pc later and cheaper... way to go sony

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

They weren't using a CPU/mobo CPU when saying it.

Google brains everywhere

You're a very small niche.

Doesn't change the fact that shader issues are real and happen in most Unreal Engine games. You'll find plenty of people having issues ranging from budget gpus to 4090's.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
You're a very small niche.

Doesn't change the fact that shader issues are real and happen in most Unreal Engine games. You'll find plenty of people having issues ranging from budget gpus to 4090's by just using google.
Of people owning such builds?
Correct.

I own a 4090 and thankfully haven't had such issues.
When you google instead of experience for such things... make sure you look in the comments at those who responded saying they had no such issues.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Of people owning such builds?
Correct.

I own a 4090 and thankfully haven't had such issues.
When you google instead of experience for such things... make sure you look in the comments at those who responded saying they had no such issues.
4090 doesn't solve shader compilation issues and even hogwarts stuttering among many others.
Not to say that it's some big issue but it's undeniable

btw, probably not like that on 4090 but dead space demo crawled like this for me on a 3080 in 2-3 places until it loaded

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Man copped a PC worth more than every console i have ever bought in my lifetime combined :ROFLMAO:

I see why PC guys get upset over ports, ian pay 5 bands to see any type of studder

• haha
Reactions: Diah and 2spooky5me

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

They weren't using a modern CPU/mobo when saying it.

Google brains everywhere
It is a lie because not even the topest machine in the world... the best CPU, motherboard, GPU, SSD, etc will fix shader issues.
You having a $4500 ring will only make the issue ends faster but it will happen yet.
Anyway I don't watch DF videos and I don't read PC related articles from them.

• haha
Reactions: Diah and PlacidusaX

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
4090 doesn't solve shader compilation issues and even hogwarts stuttering among many others.
Not to say that it's some big issue but it's undeniable

btw, probably not like that on 4090 but dead space demo crawled like this for me on a 3080 in 2-3 places until it loaded
He mentioned the 4090 so I mentioned I had one.
None here and the 4090 has the power to handle the shader loading but its up to the devs to utilize it.
Many builds have to be taken into consideration with these ports.

Man copped a PC worth more than every console i have ever bought in my lifetime combined :ROFLMAO:
and you didn't :ROFLMAO:
It is a lie because not even the topest machine in the world... the best CPU, motherboard, GPU, SSD, etc will fix shader issues.
You having a $4500 ring will only make the issue ends faster but it will happen yet.
Anyway I don't watch DF videos and I don't read PC related articles from them.
Wrong again and you can't show proof of the "topest" machine in the world having these issues.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Is it too bad to say that the games I play don't usually have shader compilation issues? I actually can't remember the last time I played a game with them on PC