[Circana] July 2023 NPD - PS5 no.1 in both unit and dollar sales, Remnant 2 no.1 in software

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Nintendo own financials.
As Japan is lower than 50% then the chances to US be over 50% are really high.
BTW it is a pretty know thing for years already.... Nintendo is around 50% digital while Sony/MS is around 70-80% digital.

nintendo-switch-sales.jpeg

nintendo_digital_sales_2023.jpg
Thanks. So Pikmin likely sold around 1-2 millions copies. My bet is on the high end.
It seems like PS ratio for their own newly released games is 70-30 or 60-40 in favor of physical (I could be wrong here). Playstation should start also doing early access for their own games to get a higher digital sales. It is literally free money.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Thanks. So Pikmin likely sold around 1-2 millions copies. My bet is on the high end.
It seems like PS ratio for their own newly released games is 70-30 or 60-40 in favor of physical. Playstation should start also doing early access for their own games to get a higher digital sales. It is literally free money.
Is not the opposite?
At lunach PS release ratio is closer to 70-80% for digital and after the years it drops a bit to 60-70% digital.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Some early comparision with previous gen launch alighed with the estimated data in InstallBase:

Comparison 2016 vs 2023 :
PS4 - 160k / PS5 - 260k (+63%)
XOne - 179k / XBX - 150k (-16%)

PS5 showing big numbers over PS4 while well Series lacking behind Xbox One.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Is not the opposite?
At lunach PS release ratio is closer to 70-80% for digital and after the years it drops a bit to 60-70% digital.
I think Chris Dring had data on it from last year (Europe only), but I can't seem to find it or I could be mistaken.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Awww little baby thinks i am an "Xbot".

You are acting like them.

Rocking Back And Forth GIF by ALLBLK

I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE, I dont't worry about SQE,

This is what Xbots are doing. Posting shares. You are acting like them, just like this Xbox idiot. Same fucking mentality

Quoting 1 day drops of <1% isn't the slam dunk you thought it was lol

I think Xbot doesn’t understand shit. Can't wait for another shares screenshot by Xbots

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
All the Xbot narratives on Twitter are nothing but horse shit and every month we keep seeing that they are a bunch of delusional idiots.

Starfield won’t change Xbox’s fortunes, it’s a Bethesda game and like all Bethesda games they are better played on PC and that’s where most people will play them. It doesn’t help that MS is straight up telling people that they don’t need an Xbox to play Starfield or the fact that it’s 30fps on the Series X.

People aren’t gonna rush out to buy Xbox consoles to play the worst version of Starfield at 30fps and as much as MS and Bots want Starfield to be the next Elder Scrolls game, the fact is that’s it’s a new IP and simply doesn’t have the same pull as a game like Skyrim does.

Starfield will sell well on PC but it’s not gonna move the needle much as far as console sales go. The idiots saying that people are selling PS5s at the eve of Spider-Man’s release to buy Xbox consoles to play Starfield at 30fps are delusional clowns.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You are acting like them.

This is what Xbots are doing. Posting shares. You are acting like them, just like this Xbox idiot. Same fucking mentality

I think Xbot doesn’t understand shit. Can't wait for another shares screenshot by Xbots

Nah i don't think @ChorizoPicozo is an xbot.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So Starfield, a game given for "free" will do better than BG3? Fucking hell...
I wonder how far outside of hardcore gamers and xbox twitter AI bots, how much starfield is a known quantity? Starfield had its initial showing and i think the general consensus was it looks meh. This summer was the showcase but outside of that, information and exposure has been minimal. What im saying is i dont think its getting the exposure it needs to be the breakout hit xbox fanboys are wanting it to be.

If its going to be the "next big thing" i dont think its getting the exposure it needs to BE the next big thing if that makes sense. In my opinion ff16 for example showed alot better to the public and had alot of trailers scattered throughout its development. Elden ring didnt go all out with the marketing either but it also wasnt attached to the lowest selling console and had a public beta that got in streamers hands like 2 months before launch to build up hype and you kind of had an idea of WHAT the game was, open word dark souls.

Starfield is also launching in the time frame of armored core 6, id say its somewhat niche but it is Fromsoftware so who knows. Not to mention baldurs gate 3 on ps5 same day. Its not launching in a vacuum and outside of xbox twitter AI bots, doesnt seem to be permeating outside of that sphere, from what i have seen. This week is gamescom so any news about starfield could be drowned out or overshadowed by a good trailer of something else. Also note how publishers avoided God of war:R and now spiderman, but no devs have delayed or pushed games forward to avoid starfield.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
you know he's talking about you right? 😂 You're one of the "fans" whose mind was completely broken 🤣🤣🤣
Yeap and it supports what I always said about the FFXVI sales... they are not good... way below previous FFs games.
He is basically done what he is paid for... just the fact he can't say the game is a success already tells a lot.... you don't use the word "fine" when something is selling well.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
He also says this.

Seek help people.

lol

"They'll post-mortem, make adjustments, and make the next game of the massive franchise. This game isn't going to destroy the series, and it's not going to become the only model going forward.".

He knows the game is not doing good so he worded as "fine" and said "made adjustments" and "model not going forward" for whatever "fine" reason.
His twitter is doing the opposite of what he "wished" and actually confirmed it is tracking way below FFXV and FFVII Remake.

BTW every game that had sales below the previous entries had the same talk or perharps even more harsh than FFXVI is receing because some "fans" are ignoring it own sales.

Last edited: