[Circana] May 2024: 1# Ghost of Tsushima, 2# Paper Mario TYD, 3# Helldivers 2, #8 Shadow of Erdtree; PS5 #1, 2#NSW , 3# XSX

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Ahhh I see, you are projecting jealousy for pc and you are upset that sony sells to them. Well sorry to inform you, but PC has been the "best' platform to play on since the late 00s.
As always, doesn't even realize I play on PC and to me PC was even better before the 00s when it was even more unique. PC, PlayStation, Xbox, there is hardly any difference at this point.

PC to me it not about ports of console games, that does nothing for me and doesn't give me anything new.

Did you write the evidence in invisible ink?

Show me the GoT sales figures on PC to date.

Your estimations and opinions aren’t evidence.
Game doesn't even have a 10K+ peak of concurrent players on Steam 2 months later, pathetic. Would be classified as a complete disaster had it been a PC only game and would've resulted in a massive loss.

None of these type of games will be made in the future if PlayStation goes the way of Xbox.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
As always, doesn't even realize I play on PC and to me PC was even better before the 00s when it was even more unique. PC, PlayStation, Xbox, there is hardly any difference at this point.

PC to me it not about ports of console games, that does nothing for me and doesn't give me anything new.

Game doesn't even have a 10K+ peak of concurrent players on Steam 2 months later, pathetic. Would be classified as a complete disaster had it been a PC only game and would've resulted in a massive loss.

None of these type of games will be made in the future if PlayStation goes the way of Xbox.
I feel sorry for you that gaming hasn't hit the same for you in over 20 years yet you still come to forums to shit on everything about it. You sound very likeable man.

Meanwhile I have enjoyed this hobby, my entire life. Guess that makes me an glazer tho :ROFLMAO:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Further proof that GoT was an objective FLOP, since some people here have piss poor standards and understanding of the market.

Sea of Thieves was ported to PS5 and became the 19th best selling game of the year, with only 4 days to chart and way more competition during its launch window. GoT gets ported to PC in an empty month with two weeks to chart and is nowhere to be found. It couldn’t even outsell Skull and Bones which was another huge flop. SoT is also much older and nowhere near as good as GoT but still did way better on a much smaller install base than PC. The standards for the PC market are in the gutter

GR_uJvGXoAAgngZ
It’s not a flop in the eyes of Sony & PS leadership GOT selling 100K on PC is amazing expansion & a potential new
audience even if it negatively effect PS business & diminishes the PS platform, storefront & ecosystem in the long term. 😂

These are short term small to medium at best profit at the cost of fully maximization of the PS business. PS is better off having Nixxes port or remaster/remake PS2/PS3 games or more directly key games like a inFAMOUS 1&2 to the PS5 bringing that franchise to a new audience & the franchise itself benefiting opening the inFAMOUS brand to new PS gamers which could make a dormant franchise sitting doing nothing potentially now selling 10-15 million. Infamous second son sold 7 million & it has a protagonist/story people generally don’t like & released on the launch of PS4 so it shows the inFAMOUS franchise has some strong long term legs in sells (not surprising)

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Did you write the evidence in invisible ink?

Show me the GoT sales figures on PC to date.

Your estimations and opinions aren’t evidence.
This is what I mean about it being impossible to have good faith discussions 😂 He can't formulate a proper argument so he asks for specific information that doesn't exist yet, because he knows it's the only way he can "win". He completely ignores all of the information that already exists because it refutes his point. It's not my fault your tiny little brain can't put 2 and 2 together...

It’s not a flop in the eyes of Sony & LS leadership GOT selling 100K on PC is amazing
Yeah, 100k sales on PC = amazing, 5m sales on PS5 = underwhelming. And these corporate slaves have no issues with Sony thinking like that, even though it directly results in them getting less games and an inferior experience. But if you speak on that, you're a doomer.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
And these corporate slaves
I think you're the corporate slave, the way corporations and execs live rent free in your head. You are even cosplaying as a businessman talking GoT numbers, coming up with bullshit numbers that you pulled out your ass. Nobody cares whether GoT flopped or not. It's a wonderful game that more people gt to experience.

You have no power, or relevance, yet you speak as if you do :ROFLMAO:

• fire
  • haha
Reactions: Zexyen and Muddasar

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Bingo.

Man is seething at everything Sony does wrong as though his life and reputation depends on it.
Imagine a friend asks you to try the latest GAAS title and you pull up like a dumbass talking about Sony, the execs, PC ports, lack of first party, exclusives, how you are being taken advantage of by the invisible businessmen. Or how it's going to "flop" as if that has anything to do with you know... enjoying the game for moment instead? You look like a straight up loser. It's just videogames.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I think you're the corporate slave, the way corporations and execs live rent free in your head.
I'm not the one that resorts to calling people racial slurs just to defend their favorite video game company, the textbook definition of a corporate slave.

You are even cosplaying as a businessman talking GoT numbers, coming up with bullshit numbers that you pulled out your ass.
I guess discussing sales numbers.... in a sales thread.....means I'm cosplaying as a businessman....? 🤡

Bingo.

Man is seething at everything Sony does wrong as though his life and reputation depends on it.
Another corporate slave backing his fellow slave. The only ones seething are you guys. I stated a fact and you guys have been crying about it non stop since yesterday 🤣

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Maybe yall can have an official thread where you can discuss PS5 with or without PC sales, pro PC ports vs true exclusives.

Im not a fan of PS games on PC, Im a creature of habit, Ive had exclusives for 3 decades and PS4 was stronger then ever with it…. Same as Nintendo.
But every thread turning into a discussion about it and how gaas is bad, and then the opposite side giving there usual opinion… its getting old. Both the Doom and Gloom and the Over the top supportiveness of whatever Sony does. Take it to the mat!!! (Official thread)
It’s hard to talk about PS5 when PS is very much focus on PC. If anything the future for PC & Steamdeck is very bright if not better then PS console owners.

If you wanted PS gamers or people in general to solely talk about PS & PS console maybe PS should’ve never intertwined PC into it’s ecosystem.

Nintendo gamers don’t talk about PC or other console platform because Nintendo don’t even allow the potential reality of that ever happening. Invest & show loyalty to your gamers & your gamers will repay you in endless profit/growth & brand/community power.

Im sure there’s Nintendo gamers who don’t even care about Pikmin nor play it but they likely buy it just so Nintendo continues providing many permanent exclusive games. At this rate I’ve actually seen many hardcore PS fan have mix messages regarding PS & many are looking at PC/Steamdeck, Nintendo or just waiting for PS exclusive games to hit PC because the PS platform is to risky to fully invest & or can build the same library + more games/more benefits on PC then PS console. I can’t blame them PS open pandora box just like Xbox & what PS gamers use to say to Xbox gamers now PS is in the same position (albeit w better branding then Xbox)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
🤔 so GoT pc selling 150k-300k is a success but ff16 and ff7 rebirth selling several million is a flop? I see, the media FUD has gotten to you 😢PC/Xbox are allowed to have incredibly low standards but ps5 needs to carry.
Why is the great Final Fantasy brand being compared to a 4 year old PC port of a new IP?

FF 16 and especially FF 7 Rebirth both underperformed on PS5 and that's just facts? Especially the latter.

None of us were expecting to see GoT land at #1 on NPD because of the PC release, let's be honest. Which other PlayStation PC release has managed to do that at any given time?

If you don't wanna apply context to your comparisons that's fine. But this Sony's biggest PR win ever for a PC game release so far.

The current FF PS5 exclusives has instead soured relations between both companies because of slower than expected sales.

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
Why is the great Final Fantasy brand being compared to a 4 year old PC port of a new IP?

FF 16 and especially FF 7 Rebirth both underperformed on PS5 and that's just facts? Especially the latter.

None of us were expecting to see GoT land at #1 on NPD because of the PC release, let's be honest. Which other PlayStation PC release has managed to do that at any given time?

If you don't wanna apply context to your comparisons that's fine. But this Sony's biggest PR win ever for a PC game release so far.

The current FF PS5 exclusives has instead soured relations between both companies because of slower than expected sales.
No it's ok, a random 4 year old port topping the NPD charts is nothing obviously. Why didn't it sell the same as a Current-gen exclusive 😂

Reactions: voke

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Imagine a friend asks you to try the latest GAAS title and you pull up like a dumbass talking about Sony, the execs, PC ports, lack of first party, exclusives, how you are being taken advantage of by the invisible businessmen. Or how it's going to "flop" as if that has anything to do with you know... enjoying the game for moment instead? You look like a straight up loser. It's just videogames.

Exactly.

The other one claims he is a stakeholder in Sony so that’s why he is always whining.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I'm not the one that resorts to calling people racial slurs just to defend their favorite video game company, the textbook definition of a corporate slave.

I guess discussing sales numbers.... in a sales thread.....means I'm cosplaying as a businessman....? 🤡

Another corporate slave backing his fellow slave. The only ones seething are you guys. I stated a fact and you guys have been crying about it non stop since yesterday 🤣
I'm not seething, you are. I find arguing with you very enjoyable actually. What does race have to do with the topic at hand? Unsure on why you need to constantly bring it up.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

I'm not comparing anything, I'm just saying you fell for the FUD, that's a fact.

FF16/FF7R both sold well, that's a fact

GoT PC port flopped, that's a fact

But since you fell for the FUD, to you, GoT selling 100k-200k is amazing news and FF16/7R selling millions is underwhelming. I wish yall could think for yourselves for a second and not just eat up whatever these journalists tell you to believe.

"Sony's biggest PR win ever for PC game release" ....who gaf about that? 😂😂 Being #1 in a weak month is meaningless, unless you have an agenda to push or easily fall for FUD. A AAA banger on the caliber of GoT selling 100k-200k will always be objectively awful.

No it's ok, a random 4 year old port topping the NPD charts is nothing obviously. Why didn't it sell the same as a Current-gen exclusive 😂
Another loser PC troll, this site doesn't have enough of those

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm not seething, you are. I find arguing with you very enjoyable actually. What does race have to do with the topic at hand? Unsure on why you need to constantly bring it up.
When did I ever bring up race? You have awful reading comprehension just like your buttbuddy @Muddasar . I said you resort to racism over simple video game discussions, yet you have the gall to say other people need mental help or that they're seething. But of course you're too stupid to see the irony or take accountability.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
When did I ever bring up race? You have awful reading comprehension just like your buttbuddy @Muddasar . I said you resort to racism over simple video game discussions, yet you have the gall to say other people need mental help or that they're seething. But of course you're too stupid to see the irony or take accountability.
You just did. I didn't call you a slur, I mistook you for a brother, but go ahead and act like I was trying to insult you :ROFLMAO: . It was you that took it out of context and decided to paint me as something i'm not. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, so, whatever.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm not comparing anything, I'm just saying you fell for the FUD, that's a fact.

FF16/FF7R both sold well, that's a fact

GoT PC port flopped, that's a fact

But since you fell for the FUD, to you, GoT selling 100k-200k is amazing news and FF16/7R selling millions is underwhelming. I wish yall could think for yourselves for a second and not just eat up whatever these journalists tell you to believe.

"Sony's biggest PR win ever for PC game release" ....who gaf about that? 😂😂 Being #1 in a weak month is meaningless, unless you have an agenda to push or easily fall for FUD. A AAA banger on the caliber of GoT selling 100k-200k will always be objectively awful.

Another loser PC troll, this site doesn't have enough of those
I didn't fall for any FUD? I can literally dig up my old posts from last year before FF 16 came out with me stating the game will be the lowest selling FF since FF 9. I was constantly attacked by many here and called a green rat for stating what was obviously unfolding with that game.

FF7 Rebirth is underperforming, never once I have used the word flopped for the game? But it ain't selling that well either lol.

GoT PC release was a success for Sony on that platform. A month ago if someone had said it would debut at #1, we'd all laugh them off this forum. Give it up, man

Reactions: voke

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

You haven’t stated anything.

Your opinion isn’t fact.

The only corporate slave here is you.

You whine constantly against Sony because you are attached to Sony even after all these decisions Sony has made.

Like a jilted lover.

Time to Move on and find another console to love. Get an Xbox or Switch.