Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's Destiny 2
And he never played it to know it is actually free to try… it is a small amount of old content to people experience and try Destiny 2.

You still needs to buy the last two years expansions to really play it.

BTW the move to make the old part of the game free to play were due they splitting off from Activision and never because the game had low players lol.

In fact the free to try part of Destiny 2 that suffer with low players because everybody is paying for it to have the actual game content.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Destiny is not f2p. Nothing about Final Shape is free outside the first mission as a demo. It’s $50 for the expansion and $100 for the year’s content.

When the game went f2p it took its first two years of content and made it all available. Bungie then removed all of that a year later. There’s also the fact that the game is also behind console online paywalls.

The “f2p” of destiny got updated last month to include two old campaigns and has a handful of outdated endgame content. (Most likely to vault the content again).

It’s more accurate to call it “free to start” since it’s a launcher to buy campaign and endgame content a la carte.

The mistake most make, and you can tell they’ve never played Destiny, is assuming it’s battle passes and cosmetics like f2p games. It’s not. It’s very much a premium priced game that requires players to buy $100 of content a year to get more from it. It’s kinda what makes its success impressive… they have return paying customers at premium and not freemium.

F2P is a lie. Fortnite started as full priced pve game. Call of Duty has had two decades of brand building to use. Launching f2p doesn’t work. Look at the finals, or multiversus or every flash in the pan flop.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Destiny is not f2p. Nothing about Final Shape is free outside the first mission as a demo. It’s $50 for the expansion and $100 for the year’s content.

When the game went f2p it took its first two years of content and made it all available. Bungie then removed all of that a year later. There’s also the fact that the game is also behind console online paywalls.

The “f2p” of destiny got updated last month to include two old campaigns and has a handful of outdated endgame content. (Most likely to vault the content again).

It’s more accurate to call it “free to start” since it’s a launcher to buy campaign and endgame content a la carte.

The mistake most make, and you can tell they’ve never played Destiny, is assuming it’s battle passes and cosmetics like f2p games. It’s not. It’s very much a premium priced game that requires players to buy $100 of content a year to get more from it. It’s kinda what makes its success impressive… they have return paying customers at premium and not freemium.
Yeap it is a trial of very old content… nobody plays that except these that want to see how it is but very fast they love to buy the game if they liked that is where the player base is.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yeap it is a trial of very old content… nobody plays that except these that want to see how it is but very fast they love to buy the game if they liked that is where the player base is.

and its content that most likely has no real legs in selling any longer. With each new yearly and seasonal release of content the value of older stuff diminishes accordingly.

Bungie doesn’t make stuff for free. And knowing this leads me to believe Marathon will be a full priced $70 release.

Reactions: ethomaz
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
And he never played it to know it is actually free to try… it is a small amount of old content to people experience and try Destiny 2.

You still needs to buy the last two years expansions to really play it.

BTW the move to make the old part of the game free to play were due they splitting off from Activision and never because the game had low players lol.

In fact the free to try part of Destiny 2 that suffer with low players because everybody is paying for it to have the actual game content.
Bruh if I could upload images on here I'd send you a picture of my physical copy of destiny 1 ... I bought it & got fucked over

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw and ethomaz

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Bruh if I could upload images on here I'd send you a picture of my physical copy of destiny 1 ... I bought it & got fucked over

Destiny 1 was never free to play. That only happened with the first two years of content of Destiny 2. You’re are conflating things and seems like never actually having played D1.

D1 still exists as it did as you must buy it. Most of its endgame rolled into D2 as well.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Destiny 1 was never free to play. That only happened with the first two years of content of Destiny 2. You’re are conflating things and seems like never actually having played D1.

D1 still exists as it did as you must buy it. Most of its endgame rolled into D2 as well.
It got a 'free trial' which is the entire base game

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I understand now his “confusion”.

On Xbox Store Microsoft lists Destiny as FREE but it not free… Bungie even had to clarity it because Xbots were expecting to play the whole base game 😂

It is not even the entry base campaign… just part of it… a trial.

The original Destiny adventure may appear to be free on some digital console marketplaces.

"While players may download the Destiny base game, they will only be granted access to the Destiny Trial Mode for free. If players wish to progress through the original Destiny adventure via digital download, they will be required to purchase Destiny - The Collection to gain access to this content.

MS weird tactics at best.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly