Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That really does show some context there in those tweet dates.

Also, this game is a beta so I imagine there is another patch or maybe patches already in the works.

Some of the complaints I saw about the game were regarding shooting.

- A couple of people said that it felt like there was an auto-aim assist that was too well tuned in, making it hard to miss players,?
-Maps seemed way too large and could do with a downscaling.
- Some characters felt floaty in their movement; not exactly what this means, but I did see it discussed on a stream somewhere.
- Characters need a lot of balancing, some are apparently way to op.

To me, these all sound like simple adjustments that can be made once they have player feedback.
Maybe not the size of maps, that might take a little bit longer.
I think the character balance is a bit overthink at this point.

Most people are playing like solo play when this game is suppose to have team cooperation.

For example the character with a Shield seems useless for solo and people says he is weak compared to others.
But in a team context he is basically one od the key and badass on what he does… if he covers the enemies shooting even for some seconds it is enough to not just save but make your buds go to kill behind you and with the low TTK that is enough to change the pace.

Even these characters that seems useless become big options in a team.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Played it. Would never not try a Sony game. Will not play again.

Even free this is not something I’d spend time on. I’m not sure if beginner matches are with bots or not enough humans, because I died once the entire round and dominated without trying.
There is no bot at all.
People are bad.

You can see when a player starting using the specials at begging that hey are trying to figure how to use it.

The game lacks a tutorial but it seems there is a mode with bots for that in the final game.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
There is no not at all.
People are bad.

You can see when a player starting using the specials at begging that hey are trying to figure how to use it.

The game lacks a tutorial but it seems there is a mode with bots for that in the final game.
It’s was my 1st go tho, had no idea what I was doing apart from the obvious.

Reactions: ethomaz

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Here are some :

Warframe
Genshin Impact
Destiny 2
Dauntless
Path of Exile
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Guild Wars 2
War Thunder
Enlisted
Magic: The Gathering Arena

Most of these games aren't FPS.

You listed Destiny 2, but it's campaign is tied to expansions that are not F2P.

You inherently don't know what you're talking about.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
First was successful.
Second a failure.

🤷‍♂️
No amount of free can save a bad game. This actually underpins the argument that the genre is so saturated - a game needs to be truly exceptional to reserve the most important commodity- peoples time.

Reactions: ethomaz

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Inappropriate language
Most of these games aren't FPS.

You listed Destiny 2, but it's campaign is tied to expansions that are not F2P.

You inherently don't know what you're talking about.
I see you’re nothing more than a disingenuous troll, moving goalposts as soon as you get a response. Also Destiny campaign works perfectly fine for me on the f2p dickhead.

Now, respectfully go fuck yourself and don’t address me again.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
View attachment 5359

Watch Married with Children.

Peg: Al. Did you miss me?

Al: With every bullet so far
Season 5 Episode 6 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

• haha
Reactions: Dick Jones

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I see you’re nothing more than a disingenuous troll, moving goalposts as soon as you get a response. Also Destiny campaign works perfectly fine for me on the f2p dickhead.

Now, respectfully go fuck yourself and don’t address me again.

What is garbage response.

What goal posts were moved. I said F2P FPS in the comment you responded to.

F2P Destiny 2 doesn't have a real campaign and it launched for 60 bucks. You've been placed on ignore, but again this is why this forum is becoming less desirable to post at.

You can't have objective discussions with people. I claim F2P FPS don't generally come out with campaigns and his response is mostly RPGs with mtx or bare bones FPS with paid DLC and then he accuses me of moving the goalposts? Hilarious.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You saw all that in my post?

Well done.
The anti woke crowds are becoming almost as annoying as the woke crowd tbh lol. Triggered and expectations to like/hate the same thing as them… constantly repeating there point over and over again. When it comes to disagreements, they act the same

Last edited:

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
The anti woke crowds are becoming almost as annoying as the woke crowd tbh lol. Triggered and expectations to like/hate the same thing as them… when it comes to disagreements, they act the same

That will never be possible, one side wants hot women and strong men in games, the other side wants ugly as fuck characters, degenerates and obese people in games. One side is obviously better. :)

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I wonder if those people realise the majority of PS studios top dogs are from California and 1 from Amsterdam those are liberal places.
Just engage for what it is and if you don't that's fine, but to get mad and upset about it is strange to me.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That will never be possible, one wants hot women and strong men in games, the other side wants ugly as fuck characters, degenerates and obese people in games.
They can want different things but they acting the same moany way about it

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
They can want different things but they acting the same moany way about it

One side results in hot women in games, the other in disgusting obese characters and degenerates. We definitely should continue complaining, especially with our wallets. :)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Kinda woke up wanting to play more lol Surprisingly got hooked last night. Roka is too much fun but wanna try and get used to It-Z I feel like I’m underutilising movement in this game and It-Z seems to have some nutty movement options with her teleports.

Triple jumps 😍
I actually switched to it-z as well, she's fantastic but her weapon is truly weak but she has a bigger clip and higher rate of fire then almost everyone but she's pretty much useless against the tanks. I haven't fully mastered using her abilities as yet which I assume would aid alot in combat.

But she's definitely great and she's an excellent support character, so prepare yourself to get a ton of assists with her as well lol.

I hope in the final game these characters will unlock newer abilities and the future weapons will be more varied.

Also hope they implement auto reload once your clip is empty.... Reloading is also a bit slow, in my opinion for characters like Roka.

So right now my mains are: Roka, Lennox and it-z