Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The game's review bombed on PS. 39% ratings are 1 star. 1.3k ratings so far.
It's not a review bomb if that's how people really feel. The general sentiment of the game is simply just negative, it's like saying Redfall was review bombed. It wasn't, TLOU2 was review bombed, not these crap games that deserve negative reviews.

Yes, because it's not normal to have 40% of reviews at 1 star. That's a broken, unplayable game.
Not really, there are plenty of perfectly working games that deserve 4/10. Concord is one of them, Starfield is another.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's not a review bomb if that's how people really feel. The general sentiment of the game is simply just negative, it's like saying Redfall was review bombed. It wasn't, TLOU2 was review bombed, not these crap games that deserve negative reviews.

Not really, there are plenty of perfectly working games that deserve 4/10. Concord is one of them, Starfield is another.
Starfield works insomuch that it doesn't crash. But the game's busted at a core game design level.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Starfield works insomuch that it doesn't crash. But the game's busted at a core game design level.
Which is part of the reason why its a 4/10 😂 but the game itself is functional and nothing like actual broken/unplayable games like Gollum

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m now working in a crew to have persistent perks.

The game is more deep than I though initially… it incentives you to shift characters in order to activate the perks.

That creates a lot of strategies based in how the match is going.

Edit - You can use the same character with different perks in your crew that allow you to change between the same character during the match with different situational perks.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I’m now working in a crew to have persistent perks.

The game is more deep than I though initially… it incentives you to shift characters in order to activate the perks.

That creates a lot of strategies based in how the match is going.
How about a standard team death match game where are they nah Sony wants to chase the hero shooter crowd

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Like I've said before , buying the split gate team would've been an absolute home run , what they achieved on a tiny budget was one of the best FPS I've ever played & the portals were a great gaming mechanic I'd rate that 1000000000000000000 X better than this

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
In what dimension? 😂
In the dimension that I live in & won't pay for shit that is always online , forces you to have the shitty free to play battle royale mode installed , release a game that the campaign is wank & just using assets from warzone , & the multiplayer are all old maps that were ready for MW2 remastered but not included with it so they could sell another game for 70 quid

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
In the dimension that I live in & won't pay for shit that is always online , forces you to have the shitty free to play battle royale mode installed , release a game that the campaign is wank & just using assets from warzone , & the multiplayer are all old maps that were ready for MW2 remastered but not included with it so they could sell another game for 70 quid
And continues to be best selling game every year

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cod died years ago , if you want to pay £70 for the shit that it's become be my guest
It still sells over 20 million a year.
We can discuss why it can’t do 30-40 million anymore but it is far from dead.
Declined? Yes.
Still sells way better than 99% of the games in the market? Yes.

In what dimension? 😂
People confuses decline with death.
It declined but even so do over 20 million a year easily.

Calling CoD died is surreal 😂

Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I enjoyed splitgate but it never did good numbers on any platform.

Warzone has taken over as Call of Duty’s bottom line. Before they lumped tracking of 3 different games into a single tracked sku you could see the latest yearly arena CoD premium retail game losing ground to Rainbow Six in engagement, which is a … (tactical) hero shooter.

I don’t play Apex but I think that game does traditional deatchmatch now too but the only other top 10 game with traditional PvP is Destiny (on console). And Destiny doesn’t do this with PvP alone. The more traditional version is Halo… and that’s not relevant to modern gaming any longer.

Overwatch 2 is lagging big time and falling behind everyone. So there’s argument to be made more hero shooters can take that spot.

Point is … wanting a traditional arena death match game like those from 20 years ago could also be a death sentence to a studio. We might be way passed that now.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: The Icon
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It still sells over 20 million a year.
We can discuss why it can’t do 30-40 million anymore but it is far from dead.
Declined? Yes.
Still sells way better than 99% of the games in the market? Yes.

People confuses decline with death.
It declined but even so do over 20 million a year easily.

Calling CoD died is surreal 😂
I don't give a shit about sales , I care about quality & yes it's dead when it comes to quality

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I enjoyed splitgate but it never did good numbers on any platform.

Warzone has taken over as Call of Duty’s bottom line. Before they lumped tracking of 3 different games into a single tracked sku you could see the latest yearly arena CoD premium retail game losing ground to Rainbow Six in engagement, which is a … (tactical) hero shooter.

I don’t play Apex but I think that game does traditional deatchmatch now too but the only other top 10 game with traditional PvP is Destiny (on console). And Destiny doesn’t do this with PvP alone. The more traditional version is Halo… and that’s not relevant to modern gaming any longer.

Overwatch 2 is lagging big time and falling behind everyone. So there’s argument to be made more hero shooters can take that spot.
It didn't do good numbers because it was David Vs Goliath Sony shouldve invested in them we could've had a great multiplayer game that is halo combined with portal but no they bought the company of destiny rejects

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why is it allowed for a beta thread to be constantly derailed???