Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I might be considering giving this game a go, I need something that can give me very short gaming sessions every day, something like 10-30 mins a pop.

Does anyone know exactly when the next beta for EU people is?

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I might be considering giving this game a go, I need something that can give me very short gaming sessions every day, something like 10-30 mins a pop.

Not sure but I went back to play it yesterday after Helldivers and it was closed :(

It defo has an addictive gameplay loop. Just depends if you have a good team and give yourself time to get use to tougher competition.

People can say the genre is done and so on, its a copycat. Like every other game and genre isnt. Sony has a different level of quality to alot of studios out there. Let them keep cooking with all genres.

The game needed a campaign for sure. Hopefully they have a good plan to fill it with content

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Just putting aside all the discussions around the game itself, at its core, this is a fucking fun as hell game that even a JRPG nerd like myself got into. I think once you get a hang of it (thanks game for not explaining shit 😂) it really sucks you in.
Yeah, Im pretty addicted. Its the first PVP since Destiny and Factions Ive gotten into. Im normally PVE, Zombies, Rocket League etc.
I didnt enjoy Overwatch because maybe I got into it too late and couldnt pick it up and was too much going on for me.
This I had fun

Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

High praise from IGN

Good. The game needs a bit of a boost. Its a tough uphill battle that might not even get a chance.

The game deserves better, Forums are rampantly hating on it. Mostly by people who havent played it. Or fans of similar games.
Its the first game since TLOU2 that has Sony fans divided.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
IGN praised Redfail after preview/beta😅

I'm still interested, gameplay looks exactly what I'm looking for...
I hear what you are saying; Redfall was an absolute stinker.

Saying that, I think Arkane was extremely shady, as they probably prepared a small section of the game where it was completely shown with no bugs, crashes, glitches, etc.

Don't let them go there, or area restricted etc, etc.

But then again, Pc gamer and ign are not places I would trust in their journalism, so you are probaly right.

I would rather trust the opinions of some of the people on this site, ones that actually have played the game.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Saying that, I think Arkane was extremely shady, as they probably prepared a small section of the game where it was completely shown with no bugs, crashes, glitches, etc.

But then again, Pc gamer and ign are not places I would trust in their journalism, so you are probaly right.

I would rather trust the opinions of some of the people on this site, ones that actually have played the game.
Yeah, I trust the people here more too.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Yeah, I trust the people here more too.

It’s certainly not for everyone.
Not even a usual genre I would buy. I only play PVP when it’s an extra mode to something else I play like Factions for TLOU, COD MP ( I normally get it for Zombies and campaign), Destiny MP was an extra mode compared to the main game for me etc.

But with the lower price and enjoying the beta, it’s something I could jump into a few times a week for an hour or so. Maybe more. Me and another Destiny Team buddy are buying it, while the other hates Overwatch so didn't bother even trying.
I was kinda wanting more after 8 hours, thats good enough for me. A campaign would of been great and would of been easier for the PS fans to accept.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Not sure but I went back to play it yesterday after Helldivers and it was closed :(

It defo has an addictive gameplay loop. Just depends if you have a good team and give yourself time to get use to tougher competition.

People can say the genre is done and so on, its a copycat. Like every other game and genre isnt. Sony has a different level of quality to alot of studios out there. Let them keep cooking with all genres.

The game needed a campaign for sure. Hopefully they have a good plan to fill it with content

PvE mode for Concord is coming.

Reactions: Sircaw and Kokoloko

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I wonder what it is. Would of been much better announcing that with the game to get more single players interested

I have no idea.

Maybe something like COD Zombies but with Aliens etc. They should have announced it even it is not launch ready.

They could create short single player campaigns for each character too.

Much better than the weekly movies we will get.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Hmmm… well overwatch 2 also planned this.

Heroes for pve co-op pve doesn’t compute, sorry. Why even play it? What loot? (It can be added; concord could be a different game a year from now…)

Will it be a separate co-op campaign? They’re gonna need to elaborate because I’m expecting a MOBA or tower defense style game to come from it because I don’t see anything else that could fit.

Maybe we could be looking at something like granblue rising for ideas tbh. Interesting news regardless.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Thursday 1PM EST.... So whatever time that converts over into your time zone.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Thursday 1PM EST.... So whatever time that converts over into your time zone.
ah, thank you, It's 6 pm UK time. Hopefully, I will be able to down load it, I wonder if I have the option right now.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
ah, thank you, It's 6 pm UK time. Hopefully, I will be able to down load it, I wonder if I have the option right now.
Type ConcordBeta into the PS App and see. I'm not sure but I'd assume it might be there if you're subbed to PS+?

If you're not subbed then it won't be there

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Type ConcordBeta into the PS App and see. I'm not sure but I'd assume it might be there if you're subbed to PS+?

will check it out, next time i log on, thanks

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Unfortunately just checked, and I only have the essential PS sub.

I need to find a fan of the game that has been handing beta codes out, @JAHGamer, you about m8?

26 Nov 2023
Yeah, Im pretty addicted. Its the first PVP since Destiny and Factions Ive gotten into. Im normally PVE, Zombies, Rocket League etc.
I didnt enjoy Overwatch because maybe I got into it too late and couldnt pick it up and was too much going on for me.
This I had fun

Pretty much the same. And if it’s getting PVE I’m the near future that’s even better. But even just hopping online with randos is a hell of a lot fun. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it so much

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko