Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Due respect: If you want a happy-happy echo chamber circlejerk, may I suggest Reddit?

Criticisms and negative feedback is just as much worthy of discussion as a game's positives.

You must be new here.

Spend more time here and you will understand why this game is being criticised by a select group.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Due respect: If you want a happy-happy echo chamber circlejerk, may I suggest Reddit?

Criticisms and negative feedback is just as much worthy of discussion as a game's positives.
Negative feedback? From people who are NOT playing the betas?? Please be for real. The ones who have played the games here have spoken on the actual issues the game have.

Entering a thread to be a justice warrior for fake outrage won't get you far here.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Take a hike and leave this thread for those of us who played the game
Fixed. Constructive criticism is allowed but taking criticism from people who haven't played it is a bridge too far.

I can't believe I read recently that someone on this board who claimed to own a Playstation that the game is dirt because of the clips on YouTube. Downloading and playing a FREE beta was too much of a stumbling block for some.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I was hoping to try it tonight, but still no download available for it, and my connection is dire.

I will probably write a personal account once I have given the game a good go.

Reactions: Dick Jones
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I was hoping to try it tonight, but still no download available for it, and my connection is dire.

I will probably write a personal account once I have given the game a good go.
If it is like last week it will show the download at 10am PST.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The push for this game to be free-to-play is so sad. I thought we hated nickel and diming and microtransactions?
It’s indeed maddening. If Concord was free to play the season passes would have been paywall and future characters as well. The progression would be even more of a grind cause XP leveling would also be paywall too. $40 is a fair price with the amount of content that the game will have at launch.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
It’s indeed maddening. If Concord was free to play the season passes would have been paywall and future characters as well. The progression would be even more of a grind cause XP leveling would also be paywall too. $40 is a fair price with the amount of content that the game will have at launch.
This! So much this! It appears Sony will not be doing free to play with any of their live service games and I'm glad fo that.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Spot on. This game is going out if it's way to not end up like what you described, and those paywalled progressions, grinding is what makes f2p less fun. I hope even if reviews find this game to be average, they praise the business model because this is how I wish all multiplayer gamers operated. Pay once, and get a complete experience. Fuck player counts.

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm still to change my mind...

But all F2P games are worst in economy terms compared to paid ones and you need to spend way more than typical $60 on F2P to have any chance to be competitive.

Even the most successful F2P games take dozen of games worth of money to you be competitive.
And there is no path to do it without use money.
You will always be behind these whales.

While in paid games you in equal level to everybody.

But I understand that F2P games should be always monetize under forcing players to buy better things 🤷‍♂️
I just don't like the model.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I'm still to change my mind...

But all F2P games are worst in economy terms compared to paid ones and you need to spend way more than typical $60 on F2P to have any change to be competitive.

Even the most successful F2P games take dozen of games worth of money to you be competitive.
And there is no path to do it without use money.
I'm just not a fan of progression that is slow as a slug.

Cod4 is the blueprint for unlockable in shooting games. It was addictive because you were unlocking something frequently.

The only microtransactions I feel are fine are cosmetics, or something that's practically useless (whale bait) Once it seeps into gameplay aspects, it's joever for me.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm just not a fan of progression that is slow as a slug.

Cod4 is the blueprint for unlockable in shooting games. It was addictive because you were unlocking something frequently.

The only microtransactions I feel are fine are cosmetics, or something that's practically useless (whale bait) Once it seeps into gameplay aspects, it's joever for me.
But that the point.... only cosmetics MTX will never work with F2P.

F2P is not exactly "free" because the developer needs to force/make you buy things to cover the costs.
And I don't like that mentality pushing game design.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Played a bit more now... Zone Control is probably the best mode so far.
It feels a lot like Control in Destiny.

You have 3 zones (A, B and C) to defense... when you have 2 or more areas in control you get timed points... win these that reach 125 first.
It is exactly like Control in Destiny.

Respawns are infinite and you are always close to one of the areas.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Played a bit more now... Zone Control is probably the best mode so far.
It feels a lot like Control in Destiny.

You have 3 zones (A, B and C) to defense... when you have 2 or more areas in control you get timed points... win these that reach 125 first.
It is exactly like Control in Destiny.

Respawns are infinite and you are always close to one of the areas.
I thought it would be. Domination is usually my go to next to Search and Destroy.

Reactions: ethomaz