Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Okay great! Is the execution better than the no respawn mode from last week?
There is infinite respawn... won those that reach 125 points first... you only won points if have 2 or more zones in your hands.

Edit - I have the feeling that with one zone you don't get points but I could have mistaken... in any case you need 2 or more to win.
It is standard control mode.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There is infinite respawn... won those that reach 125 points first... you only won points if have 2 or more zones in your hands.

Edit - I have the feeling that with one zone you don't get points but I could have mistaken... in any case you need 2 or more to win.
It is standard control mode.
Sounds good. I love objective based modes more in multiplayer games like this. How long were the matches? I feel like the matches overall in all the modes are too short

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Okay great! Is the execution better than the no respawn mode from last week?

I havent played with a bad team yet.
Some people online complained and spawn locations but i had no issues. Won my first 3 games playing it

I only played like 1 game of respawn, too hard lol. But that was at the start

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sounds good. I love objective based modes more in multiplayer games like this. How long were the matches? I feel like the matches overall in all the modes are too short

I had 1 game last to the wire. 125 - 120 points
Just had one where we finished in 5 minites - 125-0

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hey this game has everything against it. I dont expect it to survive the doom and gloom or be successful, but its pretty damn addictive.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Hey this game has everything against it. I dont expect it to survive the doom and gloom or be successful, but its pretty damn addictive.
This is where I'm at.

It'll join the other Sony FPSs that were disregarded because they aren't mega popular. Great to see them trying again though.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is where I'm at.

It'll join the other Sony FPSs that were disregarded because they aren't mega popular. Great to see them trying again though.
Very unfortunate though whomever was responsible for marketing this game messed up initially... they need to start pushing this through PS+ with discounts and trials after awhile. It has potential but the devs needs to also be receptive and adaptive to what needs to be done.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Depends....

I lose a match against a really great team (while mine being really bad) that took just 5 minutes... we lose by 30-125.
I won another even faster than that (3-4 minutes) when I got a good team... 125-0.
And I tried one that we won at the ends really tied all the time... 125-110... that one took a lot of time... maybe over 10 minutes.

Of course you are still random matched with others... so you get good or bad teams at lucky.
Plus you always back to main screen after the match that makes you not stay with the team.
Beta.

I'm sure the final game will have better tools to play with teams.

Reactions: Kokoloko

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Very unfortunate though whomever was responsible for marketing this game messed up initially... they need to start pushing this through PS+ with discounts and trials after awhile. It has potential but the devs needs to also be receptive and adaptive to what needs to be done.
Tbh marketing was doomed the moment this game was gonna have that marvelcore quippy and colorful artstyle. I think gamers are kinda fed up with it. We're gonna look back at this era similarly to the way we look back to the edginess of the 00s.

Idk I know for certain I wouldn't have been able to market a game like this

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Depends....

I lose a match against a really great team (while mine being really bad) that took just 5 minutes... we lose by 30-125.
I won another even faster than that (3-4 minutes) when I got a good team... 125-0.
And I tried one that we won at the ends really tied all the time... 125-110... that one took a lot of time... maybe over 10 minutes.

Of course you are still random matched with others... so you get good or bad teams at lucky.
Plus you always back to main screen after the match that makes you not stay with the team.
Beta.

I'm sure the final game will have better tools to play with teams.

Only mode Ive been playing today. Lost about 3 matches. We just had a match with just 4 vs 5 and ended up winning. Team really matters

Edit I lost the next 2 matches lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Tbh marketing was doomed the moment this game was gonna have that marvelcore quippy and colorful artstyle. I think gamers are kinda fed up with it. We're gonna look back at this era similarly to the way we look back to the edginess of the 00s.

Idk I know for certain I wouldn't have been able to market a game like this

And yet everyone is literally excited for a marvel overwatch game….you can’t make this stuff up

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The downfall of this game will be the modes. The execution for everything is so darn lazy and uninspiring... If these are the modes they decided to try and sell the game with... I fear how shit the other modes will be.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Downloading the beta now I will give it a go 2mow.

Are there any modes I should avoid, what best to play, I play in small bursts of probably 30 mins, hows my time best served.

All advice welcome, thanks.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Downloading the beta now I will give it a go 2mow.

Are there any modes I should avoid, what best to play, I play in small bursts of probably 30 mins, hows my time best served.

All advice welcome, thanks.
You'll only be able to play two modes at first Takedown and Trophy Hunter then once you reach level six you'll unlock the mode no one plays... The no respawn objective modes.

So Takedown, Trophy Hunter and Area Control are the best modes.

Personally as a person who enjoys playing solo most times... This game will probably not get my money 😅

There's just so many amateur oversights that's annoying me the more I play.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
There's just so many amateur oversights that's annoying me the more I play.
And I think that could be this game downfall if those oversights aren't address. This not having FOV slider for example is insane to me. Especially for a game that is releasing on PC. FOV slider is so precious to PC gamers when it comes to shooter.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja and voke
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The no respawn mode should be without objective.
Like Trials in Destiny... you have a team and if you kill everybody you win a round.
The map should be way smaller for that too.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The constant quitting is killing solo play games, I don't recall it being this bad last week. It's crazy.

Map rotation seems busted as well, haven't even seen the new map once.

They really should have enabled some sort of tutorial because being placed on teams with newer players, can be frustrating when they don't even know how to execute the basic Trophy Hunter objective