Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Well, the numbers dont lie :ROFLMAO:

960x0.jpg
when i check the scores at the end of the game, all the players I see have PS symbols next to them, not seen a PC one like steam, unless it just counts it as a ps account.

I would imagine the numbers on ps have to be better than that, and I mean they have to be a lot better, at least 10 times that, probably more.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
when i check the scores at the end of the game, all the players I see have PS symbols next to them, not seen a PC one like steam, unless it just counts it as a ps account.

I would imagine the numbers on ps have to be better than that, and I mean they have to be a lot better, at least 10 times that, probably more.
The devs turned off Cross-play this beta. PS players have to manually turn it on. It was on by default last week. There's a good player base on PS5 but it's rough for PC guys this week.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Rage quitting is infuriating me to no end. The most common instances I have ran into is character select where people would just quit when someone else select a character they wanted (completely idiotic) and then folks would quit two minutes into the match. It also doesn't help that the game from what I've seen doesn't replace those missing players with new ones that are currently waiting on matchmaking. As a result, you're playing the whole match 2 on five for example. This is an area where it needs fixing for launch.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Rage quitting is infuriating me to no end. The most common instances I have ran into is character select where people would just quit when someone else select a character they wanted (completely idiotic) and then folks would quit two minutes into the match. It also doesn't help that the game from what I've seen doesn't replace those missing players with new ones that are currently waiting on matchmaking. As a result, you're playing the whole match 2 on five for example. This is an area where it needs fixing for launch.
Absolutely! I had a match where the entire team quit and left one person on the opposing team in a mode of Trophy Hunter.... There's no backfill, the clock doesn't decrease the round or anything... The game is good but again so many amateur mistakes are riddled into it.

For a game that's so big on team work, why is in-game chat not automatic? And then you simply allow people to mute others if they want... Most users aren't reading the UI to know they have to opt in... And that's causing such a huge disconnect during solo play matches, as everyone is just off doing whatever.

Can't stress yet again how shitty the spawns are and the maps aren't designed to promote team play.

They are definitely not getting my money on launch day, so sorry, not if the game launches with these same issues plus the slew of other issues

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m a bit late to it… so I can’t gather the comments confirming it happened in a timely fashion to make a dedicated topic.

In somewhat unrelated news… another Marathon playtest has concluded where select gamers were invited to playtest the game at bungie for a week. There are no leaks or impressions available yet… all nda.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely! I had a match where the entire team quit and left one person on the opposing team in a mode of Trophy Hunter.... There's no backfill, the clock doesn't decrease the round or anything... The game is good but again so many amateur mistakes are riddled into it.

For a game that's so big on team work, why is in-game chat not automatic? And then you simply allow people to mute others if they want... Most users aren't reading the UI to know they have to opt in... And that's causing such a huge disconnect during solo play matches, as everyone is just off doing whatever.

Can't stress yet again how shitty the spawns are and the maps aren't designed to promote team play.

They are definitely not getting my money on launch day, so sorry, not if the game launches with these same issues plus the slew of other issues

Rage quits suck, probably the biggest problem so far.
Spawns I havent had too much issue with, sometimes Im far away as fuck but feel thats because of where the enemy is collected.

• they're_right_you_know

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Do you think a delay should be in order?

My experiences were abit like a roller coaster ride, a couple of games there were some nice highs but then there were alot of extreme lows, What concerns me the most is their were way more lows and most of that was on the team quit issues.

I was purposely not selecting a character to the last second cos i was afraid people might quit if i choose the one they wanted lol, that can not be good.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Do you think a delay should be in order?

My experiences were abit like a roller coaster ride, a couple of games there were some nice highs but then there were alot of extreme lows, What concerns me the most is their were way more lows and most of that was on the team quit issues.

I was purposely not selecting a character to the last second cos i was afraid people might quit if i choose the one they wanted lol, that can not be good.
I don't think there needs to be a delay since the game is obvious finished and very polished at least on console. They just need to implement a backfill option that allows people to join on-going matches up until a certain point. And some sort of quit penalty.

Quitting is such a big deal this week, where as last week it wasn't as bad, it's really strange.

Rage quits suck, probably the biggest problem so far.
Spawns I havent had too much issue with, sometimes Im far away as fuck but feel thats because of where the enemy is collected.
Nah the spawns are definitely wonky. I even had team mates I was playing with last night complaining about it. They just try to create a buddy system that allows you to at least spawn on a team-mate or near them if they aren't engaging in a gun fight.

The game has no idea if it wants to be a team hero shooter or just a regular PvP comp game, as it doesn't actively encourage team play.... The mechanics are about team play but the map set up, modes outside of no respawn modes doesn't push the team towards a goal.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Zero interest interest in playing this but how is it looking? Any chance of actually doing good, sales wise?
No sir, DOA. Can't even get 3k players on a free open beta on PC, where this game is supposed to do the best.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
No sir, DOA. Can't even get 3k players on a free open beta on PC, where this game is supposed to do the best.
Have you finally played the game? You're in the Concord impressions thread so I imagine you finally gave in. You hardly be a pathetic enough to try and stink up a impressions thread and not play the game.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Have you finally played the game? You're in the Concord impressions thread so I imagine you finally gave in. You hardly be a pathetic enough to try and stink up a impressions thread and not play the game.
Didn't you say you put me on ignore? 😂😂 Always on my meat

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Zero interest interest in playing this but how is it looking? Any chance of actually doing good, sales wise?
It probably won't as the narrative around the game has completely derailed any and everything. But I guess if all else fails they can just throw up on PS+ eventually.

• brain

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Didn't you say you put me on ignore? 😂😂 Always on my meat
No. I point out an awful poster when I see it. Stop being an awful poster and I won't call you out. Simple.

So you haven't played the game and are complaining the whole time about a game you refuse to play? You really are an embarrassing black eye to this forum.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No. I point out an awful poster when I see it. Stop being an awful poster and I won't call you out. Simple.

So you haven't played the game and are complaining the whole time about a game you refuse to play? You really are an embarrassing black eye to this forum.
I've been avoiding this thread and the only time I comment is if someone tags me or if there's a question I can answer that has nothing to do with actually playing the slop👇Like letting people know its DOA.

I ignored this thread to let the people actually playing it speak on it. I wouldn't waste my time with this junk 😂 when you've been gaming as long as I have, you can just look at a few seconds of a game and know if it'll be good or not. Looks like I was right yet again, most people are saying this game is a steaming pile of dog crap 😕

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
But PC is not the only platform and is less important to Sony than PS5. It is also not the first time that a title has sold better on console than on PC. As far as I know, Fortnite is played much more on Playstation than on PC, and games like Counterstrike and Valorant are much more popular on PC. CoD is also, as far as I know, more successful on console than on PC. Any player numbers on PC are therefore of little significance.

Only Sony knows how well it is received on the PS5 and what the status of pre-orders is. Even if the title sells below the set targets, Sony is not known for discontinuing titles immediately. Predator certainly did not sell well either and was only made available late on PS+ and finally the developer has now received all distribution rights from Sony to re-release it for PS5 and the Xbox platforms. Despite its flop status, Destruction Allstars has been completely reworked and is still playable. Sony already had a surprising mega-seller with Helldivers 2 and if I remember correctly, the developer hoped to reach 500,000 players.

The question is what Sony's short-term and long-term expectations are. Anyone who buys it for PS5 will ultimately be a paying PS+ subscriber. Pure sales figures are less important for games like this than players who invest time and money. There are many multiplayer games that fly under the radar but have a healthy little community. What's much more interesting is how the future of Concord is planned. Sony only got involved as a partner in production at the time and was convinced enough by the quality to buy the title from another publisher and buy Firewalk straight away. There are also indications that PvE is coming, something that makes sense given the weekly story snippets. After the CGI character/story trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is even planning an animated series based on the universe and the crew.

Personally, I enjoyed the betas and the slower gameplay suits me very well, so I'll be pre-ordering it in August. Ultimately, there are only three scenarios: 1. it will be released as planned and Sony will support it as planned and hope that the quality will bring more players and therefore paying customers on board 2. they postpone the title until early 2025 in order to include a PvE mode, among other things, and to boost marketing 3. they release it directly on PS+ Essential or Extra, build in stronger MTX or offer a $40 premium upgrade to get all content priority and for free, everyone else can unlock new heroes via a battle pass with a delay.

But I would be interested to know whether the title was always planned as F2P and Sony decided to sell it for $40 to offset costs. But we'll probably never know. If Sony isn't stupid, they could also offer skins or other collabs with Killzone and Resistance. But that's all music of the future. IMO, Concord is still a title with enormous quality and a lot of potential, I would be surprised if Sony now panics about PC. Helldivers 2 brought in enough money to support Concord for a long time.

• brain