Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I'd imagine Sony wants a massive hit or else they wouldn't bother.

What live service game hasn't been a slow burn? It's not a matter of Sony not allowing Concord to be a chart topper. These things usually take time.
But people are acting stupid like they don't know that. Even the biggest most successful live service game of them all had to cook before it became a hit. Fortnight Save The World was a paid game that was trash that nobody played at first.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Newer games cannot afford the growing pains the mainstays have made. Fortnite, rainbow six and destiny are likeky not to be caught up with by any that compete. Rainbow Six is the most popular “hero” shooter by far, basically obliterates overwatch (and arena cod). It took 10 years.

Concord will not be afforded the time to struggle for a decade like those before it.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Looks like Concord Closed Beta on PS5 had better numbers.
For comparison, Valorant also debuted in 29th place.

Completely bogus and flawed by missing absolutely massive chunks of players with selection and territorial bias. Should never be cited. Only ps console metric we have is “top 10 in your country” thru mobile or console os. Pre-orders and demos do track on that too.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Incorrect, this entire aggressive GAAS push was purely because of their PC initiative because single player games flop on PC while GAAS slop excels.

MP games also do well on consoles. I dont why you would think its just for PC initiative, they need to make more genres for all audiences.

Despite the genres “experts” The genre isnt owned by Microsoft with Overwatch, others have to try to make one. Everytime someone tries to make a similar game the guards come out like OW can be the only one.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
MP games also do well on consoles. I dont why you would think its just for PC initiative, they need to make more genres for all audiences.

Despite the genres “experts” The genre isnt owned by Microsoft with Overwatch, others have to try to make one. Everytime someone tries to make a similar game the guards come out like OW can be the only one.

The most popular games on console are… shocker… multiplayer games.

Multiplayer on playstation is safer from cheaters and on ps5 currently safer from controller “accessibility” hacks too. Players know this. Many choose PlayStation and console and controller. Active steam users actually running games, and not just a desktop icon running in the background… is still very much eclipsed by console gaming with pc being dominant in territories in which consoles have historically failed to grab marketshare in. Pc is home to some genres and popular multiplayer not on console… most devs make their money on consoles.

It’s a bad take. Same way Xbox fans think their consoles are still the console home for shooters and online multiplayer. 20 years ago… sure.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Just in time for Concord.

90% of the people complaining about wokeness never complained about it during Overwatch. Says everything you need to know about there true motives

Who wants to bet MS and everyone who use to care about pronouns, will go back to caring about pronouns again when they are told its important again..

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja and Sircaw
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Signal chase…

Man that mode allow some really wonderful comeback.
We were losing like 10-112.
I was like let’s try to play a bit better and I guess the team did think the same… we where not communicating at all.
We started to grow.
70-115
100-117
At that time I realize we could really win.
Nobody left… 5v5 all the time.
125-122

Man what joy.
Even if the game fail it already make me remember some epic moment I will never forget… something lacking in actual games.

Love love love.

And if you do realize how special Concord is the the issue is with you… it make use of the team like no other hero shooter.

It is a totally different behemoth compared with Destiny… Destiny solo play takes a stronger role than team play… in Destiny you can wipe alone the other team (that is a way different epic feel) while here you need to get in sync with the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Signal chase…

Man that mode allow some really wonderful comeback.
We were losing like 10-112.
I was like let’s try to play a bit better and I guess the team did think the same… we where not communicating at all.
We started to grow.
70-115
100-117
At that time I realize we could really win.
Nobody left… 5v5 all the time.
125-122

Man what joy.
Even if the game fail it already make me remember some epic moment I will never forget… something lacking in actual games.

Love love love.
Imagine if this mode was there from the start. It's truly a joy to play and it knocks your over the head for not playing as a team, and eventually most players get it and start working together.

Also a mode that pushes players to experiment with the characters since the abilities truly come in handy and support characters don't feel useless anymore.

And people rarely quit matches in this mode from what I've experienced

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Imagine if this mode was there from the start. It's truly a joy to play and it knocks your over the head for not playing as a team, and eventually most players get it and start working together.

Also a mode that pushes players to experiment with the characters since the abilities truly come in handy and support characters don't feel useless anymore.

And people rarely quit matches in this mode from what I've experienced
The granny and that other char with area shield becomes really great here.

I even understand now that hero like Roka that the ability is great in solo play become less useful in team play… not that she is bad… she is pretty good yet with the triple jump and the levitation but the main skill (she goes over the enemy like a rocket) become without much use.

And of course the change between characters to get crew bonus is very useful too.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah Im in. Almost 20 hours between both betas
When you say it like that, it sounds like you are at some marathon sex orgy and you are the piece of meat in the middle.

Just saying bud lol.

sorry....

spit GIF

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah Im in. Almost 20 hours between both betas
Yeap I eanjoyed my time with it and it is always good to have something new in the genre.

Now with Concord, Astro, Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D and Lego Horizon my second half of the year is already becoming stacked.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm tempted to buy the game again because of Signal Chase... I Wanna chat with whoever thought this mode and Area Control weren't deserving to be the default modes from the very first beta lmao.

Signal Chase is so hectic and fun.. they should extend the beta again for next weekend 😫🤣

I'm gonna hop on later and get some games, been busy today

Reactions: ethomaz

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
For this being a hero shooter, characters not having an ultimate is an odd choice. Again, lots of head scratching choices with this game.