Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This game is great when you have a good team... Silly randoms running all around soloing thinking they playing Fortnite or COD half the time lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Are you calling me floozy? lol

I was a big fan of the Golden Girls, along with Married with Children and Malcome in the Middle.
I like Golden Girls but I never seen the other shows 😬

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I'm not a PvP gamer but even though I'm shite at it I enjoyed my few games of it. I'd definitely play the beta on Sunday (Saturday I'm busy, fuck it) and would likely buy on discount. I'll probably start giving Destiny 2 another shot. The biggest misstep for the devs is the shit PR team they had. Like Helldivers 2, let the gameplay do the talking.

Wasn't just PR.

The game could have been perfect and it still would have had detractors since so many people wanted it to fail. The decision to add cultural elements to the game was also a big mistake. There's no benefit to it and you're putting a target on yourself when you don't have a large enough userbase/fanbase to cover you. They aren't Naughty Dog or Insomniac.

There's so much competition out there in the space they want to be in and whoever decided the game would be 40 dollars rather than F2P really screwed them as well, but they can still change that eventually.

My advice to anyone with a publicly consumable product is to stay off social media or at least be anonymous. To conflate your work with your advocacy is a recipe for disaster, regardless of your politics. Some can probably get away with it because they're already well established, but you destroy the runway for a new product. It's not fair to your co-workers.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
1124 peak on steam, makes hellblade 2 look like a hit 🤭.
Looks like we will find out if the progressive left/reset era crowd buys games with this one, I bet the studio will wish they could get the gooners by the time it launches but that ship is sailed.
Beta is limited to preorders on Steam.

You guys makes some weird points lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This game is great when you have a good team... Silly randoms running all around soloing thinking they playing Fortnite or COD half the time lol
You probably played with my kid :D
He liked and wanted to try so I give him to play some 3-4 matches… he is too slow aim yet.

At some time I watched he finding a enemy guy like him… the battle took almost 30s without any of them hitting the other lol when he finally lose :D

Of course that goes to my K/D stats but I don’t care… he was happy.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Beta is limited to preorders on Steam.

You guys makes some weird points lol
You really think there will be more pre-orders after the beta, many will cancel their pre-orders after this man. You guys are too optimistic, better multiplayer games are eviscerated on steam, even fragpunk had a better beta and that is releasing in 2025.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Watch Married with Children.

Peg: Al. Did you miss me?

Al: With every bullet so far

Second this. MWC is my all time favorite TV sitcom/comedy. I must have seen every episode 10+ times and still watch clips on YouTube. I laugh every fucking time!!

In the shoe store, a bunch of fat women come in and say -

2, 4, 6, 8, don't make fun of our weight

and Al responds with -

1, 2, 3, 4, you're gonna fall through the floor

LMFAO!!! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You really think there will be more pre-orders after the beta, many will cancel their pre-orders after this man. You guys are too optimistic, better multiplayer games are eviscerated on steam, even fragpunk had a better beta and that is releasing in 2025.
That is not the point… you said the game had 1k CCU on Steam comparing to its Hellblade 2 lol

A demo limited to only these that preordered it.

Flagpunk Beta was opened to everybody that wants to play it 🤷‍♂️

See?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So I really hate the maps, they are literally too big. I feel like I'm playing scavenger hunt whenever I respawn or kill the enemy team lol.

Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
check username, see if the person is called @JAHGamer
I ignored this thread to let the people actually playing it speak on it. I wouldn't waste my time with this junk 😂 when you've been gaming as long as I have, you can just look at a few seconds of a game and know if it'll be good or not. Looks like I was right yet again, most people are saying this game is a steaming pile of dog crap 😕

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Ok, I really like this now, the characters move at different speeds and ofcourse thanks will be slower, makes sense. Cant wait to play more when I get back home. This game is deeper then I expected with the gameplay variety each character offers. Glad I preordered, hopefully progress transfers over.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Still don’t understand charging for a GaaS. Multiplayer only. People supporting the concept etc.
Not sure if that is the case of Concord but…

F2P most of times feels like pay to win… you have pay to unlock most of good things and the amount of content free is really not enough.

Now when you pay for it you have a whole package that is balanced to everybody in the same way… you have most of the skins and cosmetics behind MTX but the core gameplay, characters, maps, etc are all available for these the borough the game.

I give an example from 2014.
Warframe vs Destiny.
You get way more from $60 Destiny plus the $30 expansions than you get from playing Warframe.

Not just that… the best characters with the best abilities were always behind a paywall or a infinite grinding loop… what saved Warfrane is that you could trade up things and make money (Platinum) to buy things… so I’m your infinite grinding loop if you where luck to get a ultra rare part of a character you don’t want you could trade it to buy the ultra rare part of that one one you like.

But overall it was just bad… plus modern F2P don’t allow trade anymore because they don’t want you to get the rare things using that exploit.

Like I said you get more from a paid GaaS than F2P… in that case you can put Destiny, Overwatch, Gran Turismo 7, etc.

Edit - forgot to say… paid GaaS games trend to be more polished and wi the better quality than F2P games.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Not sure if that is the case of Concord but…

F2P most of times feels like pay to win… you have pay to unlock most of good things and the amount of content free is really not enough.

Now when you pay for it you have a whole package that is balanced to everybody in the same way… you have most of the skins and cosmetics behind MTX but the core gameplay, characters, maps, etc are all available for these the borough the game.

I give an example from 2014.
Warframe vs Destiny.
You get way more from $60 Destiny plus the $30 expansions than you get from playing Warframe.

Not just that… the best characters with the best abilities were always behind a paywall or a infinite grinding loop… what saved Warfrane is that you could trade up things and make money (Platinum) to buy things… so I’m your infinite grinding loop if you where luck to get a ultra rare part of a character you don’t want you could trade it to buy the ultra rare part of that one one you like.

But overall it was just bad… plus modern F2P don’t allow trade anymore because they don’t want you to get the rare things using that exploit.

Like I said you get more from a paid GaaS than F2P… in that case you can put Destiny, Overwatch, Gran Turismo 7, etc.

Edit - forgot to say… paid GaaS games trend to be more polished and wi the better quality than F2P games.
I get all that but there is usually some kind of campaign element, here it’s pure arenas…very bare kind of approach.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Seems like a fun game despite the character artists best attempts to kill the game before arrival

Not doing an open beta on a paid game for PC is just foolish though. It doesn't have the surface level appeal that Helldivers 2 had

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters