Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Seems like a fun game despite the character artists best attempts to kill the game before arrival

Not doing an open beta on a paid game for PC is just foolish though. It doesn't have the surface level appeal that Helldivers 2 had
The open beta for everyone is next weekend

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like a fun game despite the character artists best attempts to kill the game before arrival

Not doing an open beta on a paid game for PC is just foolish though. It doesn't have the surface level appeal that Helldivers 2 had
This is early access.
Open beta starts next week.

From the UI look there are modes that will be available in the open beta only.

• Informative
Reactions: Yobo and 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Just finished up a 3 hour session w a party of five and all of us really like it a lot. Teamwork is incredibly satisfying in this game, my main is Roka, I pulled a 14-1 off with her one game. In this game all 5 players benefit from sticking to one another, there is a cool synergy between classes ala Overwatch, but the gameplay feels pretty much like destiny/halo.

As far as criticisms go,

- Add FoV slider
- Reduce wait between games
- Add penalties to leaving mid game
- Add no respawn mode with no character
limitations
-Solo play is a waste of time

That’s honestly all I have, gameplay is on point, I don’t agree with people saying the maps are large, action seems to be paced well.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just finished up a 3 hour session w a party of five and all of us really like it a lot. Teamwork is incredibly satisfying in this game, my main is Roka, I pulled a 14-1 off with her one game. In this game all 5 players benefit from sticking to one another, there is a cool synergy between classes ala Overwatch, but the gameplay feels pretty much like destiny/halo.

As far as criticisms go,

- Add FoV slider
- Reduce wait between games
- Add penalties to leaving mid game
- Add no respawn mode with no character
limitations
-Solo play is a waste of time

That’s honestly all I have, gameplay is on point, I don’t agree with people saying the maps are large, action seems to be paced well.

How dare you like the game?

Brace yourself for the replies. They are coming.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I get all that but there is usually some kind of campaign element, here it’s pure arenas…very bare kind of approach.

I honestly struggle to understand people's logic.

You understand that GaaS don't have to be free to play, so you say you're comparing this to games that have campaign elements, but also ignore that this game is 40 dollars and not 70 dollars.

Where is the disconnect that makes this bare for the price?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Dude is making up imaginary beef 😂 no one on this site has attacked anyone for liking Concord. But you want us to do that so badly though just so you can have something to argue about 🤣

You are one of them on a crusade to convince people it is bad.

Heck going as far as posting tweets from random people on Twitter as if they hold weight.

You don’t like it thats fine.

Stop shoving it down our throat.

Reactions: ApolloHelios
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Played more 2 hours.
The objective mode unlock at level 6… and if you win you can’t use the same hero in the next match.

Pretty good so far.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Played more 2 hours.
The objective mode unlock at level 6… and if you win you can’t use the same hero in the next match.

Pretty good so far.
I think my fave so far is Trophy Hunter. I'm not feeling the Objective Mode, because half the team dies before even reaching the objective lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I honestly struggle to understand people's logic.

You understand that GaaS don't have to be free to play, so you say you're comparing this to games that have campaign elements, but also ignore that this game is 40 dollars and not 70 dollars.

Where is the disconnect that makes this bare for the price?
The campaign elements I’m comparing to are f2p

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
You are one of them on a crusade to convince people it is bad.

Heck going as far as posting tweets from random people on Twitter as if they hold weight.

You don’t like it thats fine.

Stop shoving it down our throat.
Why he is still not banned is beyond me. This forum needs ban hammer for these people with clear mandates to bad mouth every Sony thing no matter what.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m surprised at how solid the game feels. It's a pleasant surprise, but it's too bad I can’t aim for shit 😭

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Overwatch is free. Rainbow 6 I agree but even that came from another era, Vermin never heard off.
Overwatch was full priced ($60).
Overwatch 2 that gamers says is worst (well I’d take Meta score the firs is 91 and the second 78) is F2P.

That makes you wonder… first game full priced had massive success. Second game F2P… flopped.

BTW Blizzard made big changes in OW2 few months ago to try to recover the game… not sure if it is working.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think my fave so far is Trophy Hunter. I'm not feeling the Objective Mode, because half the team dies before even reaching the objective lol
They need to change it… right now the low TTK makes it better to go all killing the enemy than do the objective 🤷‍♂️

The other way is to have infinite respawn until one team finish the objective.

Single life with objective is not working… killing the 5 enemies is so faster than do the objective.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I cant stop playing this lol, looks like it was built from the ground up on PS5, its gorgeous.
The graphics are really sharp.
Even the effect are top-notch… I was very impressive with the smoke bombs.
Character animations are great too.

Reactions: Puff

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Okay this Beta kinda buggy as fuck 🤧

Lots of bugs popping up constantly that wasn't there at first