Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why he is still not banned is beyond me. This forum needs ban hammer for these people with clear mandates to bad mouth every Sony thing no matter what.

Simply because they believe Sony isn’t making their type of games anymore.

Which isn’t true.

26 Nov 2023
Kinda woke up wanting to play more lol Surprisingly got hooked last night. Roka is too much fun but wanna try and get used to It-Z I feel like I’m underutilising movement in this game and It-Z seems to have some nutty movement options with her teleports.

Roka FTW...

Triple jumps 😍

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You are one of them on a crusade to convince people it is bad.

Heck going as far as posting tweets from random people on Twitter as if they hold weight.

You don’t like it thats fine.

Stop shoving it down our throat.
what a liar 🤣🤣 all you do is lie and move goalposts

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
what a liar 🤣🤣 all you do is lie and move goalposts

This you?

Nah BrokenGamezHDR was one of the biggest PS fans that was happy Sony was going all in on GAAS. He would attack anyone like me that said we don't like the live service push that Sony is doing. Fast forward to Concord release and he's the biggest hater 😂🤣

Also this guy Nib was also excited for Concord and isn't a fan, another PlayStation guy.

And Blaze, a huge PS fanboy and gaas enthusiast, also says he doesn't like the game

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Enough with the fighting everyone; please revert back to the purpose of the thread, discussing the game.

I really don't want to be giving people timeouts.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This you?
That really does show some context there in those tweet dates.

Also, this game is a beta so I imagine there is another patch or maybe patches already in the works.

Some of the complaints I saw about the game were regarding shooting.

- A couple of people said that it felt like there was an auto-aim assist that was too well tuned in, making it hard to miss players,?
-Maps seemed way too large and could do with a downscaling.
- Some characters felt floaty in their movement; not exactly what this means, but I did see it discussed on a stream somewhere.
- Characters need a lot of balancing, some are apparently way to op.

To me, these all sound like simple adjustments that can be made once they have player feedback.
Maybe not the size of maps, that might take a little bit longer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Just got 15 minutes free and had another game of Concord. Actually won and contributed this time. 😂 I'm really warming to the game. Can't wait to go at it again tomorrow when I get the chance

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Was out yesterday and had to wait (long) downloading it but got a good 3 hours in this morning here.

My first impressions are fantastic, better than I thought. Had fun so did not realise I was playing it for 3 hours before the server booted me.
Fidelity/visual wise it looks great, gunplay good and every character (that I tried) feels vastly different. Has a bit of a learning curve with how to use them, guns, movement especially (into momentum to go faster), skills & heroes.

Some moments it feels I down someone quicker or don't hit them but it's probably cause that free gunner is squishier has a smaller hitbox.
In the beginning I was like wtf am I doing, since there is no tutorial but the moment it started to click it was fun. I played a lot with It-Z, with her SMG and the skill of her to throw a ball and teleport to it catches people off guard once I figured out how she worked. There is a lot of tactics/skill level here, I can see the potential depth and variety Firewalk was talking about with their A-symmetry.

Main criticism is the HUD, like imo it should be clearer and more apparent how much ammo is left, the other stuff kinda distracts but in some maps it kinda fades with the color.. it could be tidied up more and clearer aka cleaner.
Maps available kinda feel similar with a different scenery and color palette. I always commend Halo for this in variety and unique flavour/being distinguishable , I hope the other what 12(?) are not all inner cities/town like circular, corridor based. The climbing ledges feels a bit off as well.

Initial few games I was a bit iffy but after understanding it actually surprised how much I am liking it.

• Informative

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just got 15 minutes free and had another game of Concord. Actually won and contributed this time. 😂 I'm really warming to the game. Can't wait to go at it again tomorrow when I get the chance
Give us a score out of ten for it so far?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Played it. Would never not try a Sony game. Will not play again.

Even free this is not something I’d spend time on. I’m not sure if beginner matches are with bots or not enough humans, because I died once the entire round and dominated without trying.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Give us a score out of ten for it so far?
I'd see it as an 8/10. I'm enjoying my time but I'm not a PVP player. I'd buy it on sale but it's not my normal type of game. It has me wanting to go back to Destiny 2 until that sale happens.

• Informative

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
"Appreciating the variety of ethnicities, body shapes, ages and pronouns on display. Props for that if nothing else."

This about sums it up of where this stands as I said this game is made by resetera goblin standards

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
You are one of them on a crusade to convince people it is bad.

Heck going as far as posting tweets from random people on Twitter as if they hold weight.

You don’t like it thats fine.

Stop shoving it down our throat.

I really like your tactic of using subtlety to make it seem like liking the DEI infested game with obese black women with blue lipstick is somehow the majority opinion. Copium to the max.