Concord Registers Only 1100 players during first Day of Closed Beta (Steam) | 2210 Players at Open Beta

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't... kinda. Japan Studio failed time and time again so closing it was the right thing to do. But that's only step one, step two should've been acquiring a publisher or a couple of studios to replace it but of course they didn't do it. To me it's pathetic that Sony owns only two Japanese studios.

Agree completely.

They should have found a replacement.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This would be the case....if Sony didn't acquire them 😂 But now it'll be hard to just ignore it and move on cuz they're part of the family like a red headed stepchild 😂😂 Destruction All-Stars and Foamstars were flops, but they weren't a big deal because they're not 1st party. This is the first time Sony will have a 1st party studio known only for a dud.
The easy fix for them is to work on Marathon with Bungie. They are obviously talented enough for that. Just keep them away from the characters designs 🤭

• thisistheway
Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not his decision, Jim Ryan wanted this studio. Hermen didn't have say, he did how he was told by his superior.
Yes because It wasn't Hermen's job to go out and scout talent and report back to Jim, just like what Shu use to prior.

You make no sense.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The easy fix for them is to work on Marathon with Bungie. They are obviously talented enough for that. Just keep them away from the characters designs 🤭
Or have them make a proper FPS game since the talent is obviously there. Campaign and old school lobby based game would have went over better here.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yes, that's the only way to salvage that acquisition. They should've cancelled Concord and became a support studio for Factions 2 😂. But sadly many of the devs would probably leave due to ego.

• brain

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Eh Firewalk being talented is also a big question mark, this game is the minimum viable product that should be expected for having a high budget. Firewalk, firesprite, haven are bottom of the barrel studios and are of similar level like compulsion and ninja theory that xbox bought, being good enough 7/10 doesn't work in the AA space in 2024 let alone as a PS 1st party studio

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Eh Firewalk being talented is also a big question mark, this game is the minimum viable product that should be expected for having a high budget. Firewalk, firesprite, haven are bottom of the barrel studios and are of similar level like compulsion and ninja theory that xbox bought, being good enough 7/10 doesn't work in the AA space in 2024 let alone as a PS 1st party studio
>Minimum viable product

Doesn't seem that viable to me

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Having played Concord it is quite clear the team behind it is talented. The game is extremely polished and plays well, looks amazing, sounds fantastic... We can debate on the game design but talent is very much there.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Having played Concord it is quite clear the team behind it is talented. The game is extremely polished and plays well, looks amazing, sounds fantastic... We can debate on the game design but talent is very much there.
The technical talent is great, the artistic talent is great, the directorial talent is questionable

Reactions: Sircaw

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The biggest L Sony took is buying these chumps before the game released, Probably Monsters scammed Sony and clearly offloaded a bad asset for some mighty change.

Sony should try selling Firewalk to xbox to recoup costs or try to finesse a game pass deal although I think even Phil would not be such a fool as to pay money for this.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Firesprite aint bad, Horizon COTM was a cool game, well done, and a solid first effort. They can only get better, whether they choose to stick to VR or make PS5 games, I think they have an overall good direction.

If Fairgame$ has the same outcome as Concord then Sony needs to fire Hulst expeditiously.
The technical talent is great, the artistic talent is great, the directorial talent is questionable
Nah, artistic talent and direction go hand in hand tho. If you're directing/managing this game and you think "hey lets just rip off Guardians of the Galaxy but make it worse" is a good idea, then both your artistic and directorial "talent" are terrible (more like non existent).

• brain

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The game is very much 70's Sci-Fi theme inspired, yes humor banter used they borrowed from GoTG, but to call it a rip off is just silly at this stage. Character designs can be questioned (but even so you can still see its very much 70's inspired for quite a few of them) but the world itself is definitely not a GoTG rip off, the maps have a very old school aesthetic to them.

• brain

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The biggest L Sony took is buying these chumps before the game released, Probably Monsters scammed Sony and clearly offloaded a bad asset for some mighty change.

Sony should try selling Firewalk to xbox to recoup costs or try to finesse a game pass deal although I think even Phil would not be such a fool as to pay money for this.
Unless something remarkable happens with the PlayStation beta numbers, I think the game is in some serious trouble.

This has the PlayStation logo/intro at the beginning of the game, that is meant to stand for something.

There is a half-decent game in there, but it needs to be better than just decent for it to have that Sony stamp of approval.

I can see it getting shut down before the end of the year and refunds being issued.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The game is very much 70's Sci-Fi theme inspired, yes humor banter used they borrowed from GoTG, but to call it a rip off is just silly at this stage. Character designs can be questioned (but even so you can still see its very much 70's inspired for quite a few of them) but the world itself is definitely not a GoTG rip off, the maps have a very old school aesthetic to them.
Bro you serious?? 😂😂😂😂 This is an extremely obvious and shameless GOTG rip off. Yes, even the world itself, from the few CG trailers I saw, is also a rip off of GOTG. The entire concept of being a free gunner is from GOTG, them going on jobs together is from GOTG, living in a ship together is from GOTG, the banter between em is from GOTG, Starchild is a bootleg Drax, Lennox is a bootleg Starlord, Haymar is a bootleg Gamora, the robot is a bootleg Groot. Cmon bruh 😂 It's ok if you like the game but no need to lie.
6463467e4648fab8dc75e706_59.png

• haha

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Bro you serious?? 😂😂😂😂 This is an extremely obvious and shameless GOTG rip off. Yes, even the world itself, from the few CG trailers I saw, is also a rip off of GOTG. The entire concept of being a free gunner is from GOTG, them going on jobs together is from GOTG, living in a ship together is from GOTG, the banter between em is from GOTG, Starchild is a bootleg Drax, Lennox is a bootleg Starlord, Haymar is a bootleg Gamora, the robot is a bootleg Groot. Cmon bruh 😂 It's ok if you like the game but no need to lie.
6463467e4648fab8dc75e706_59.png
Okay so I'll ignore what the devs said and believe you instead. I forgot you're always right about nothing 🤔