Concord Review Thread

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Concord should have been free to play to build a player count then they can charge for rolling out extra characters,map packs,skins and season passes ect.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The numbers say otherwise. PlayStation fans seems to prefer multiplayer only GAAS judging by the numbers.

Plus, games like Returnal and Deathloop flopped pretty bad on PlayStation.

I mean if you compare Horizon, Uncgarted, God of War, Spiderman numbers on PS4/PS5 to PC, its clear they turn up for their single player games more. They are a different fanbase.

Im not talking about the fans who buy Fifa, GTA, COD, fortnite for free, Apex Legends etc They arent the fans who buy PS5 for PS studio games. Those fans normally turn up, evem if its for a game like Days Gone.

Returnal didnt flop lol. They said they were very happy with it, purchased the studio

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No its not weird when it's clear that its already dead. Why try to revive something which is dead out of the womb?

Even you with your Sony armour should see this......
And IF they in fact did deliver a good game, tell me this: Why are the player numbers abysmal? And don't give me that "It was burned to the ground before release" shit. But a real one.

I know why: Because it is in fact shit. The fact that you like it doesn't change the global sentiments towards this game.
You like shit. That's ok.

There not gonna close the game down before they try and put it on FP2/PS+

The players numbers are abysmal because of the way it looks and everyone and there mums sayings its dead on arrival. And you dont know about the PS numbers. Match making is mostly under 30 seconds and if you with a groups, its much faster.

Whereas reviews are saying the gameplay is good and scoring it based on its price and would it last in todays market lol.
They got the hardest part right, which is gameplay.

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I mean if you compare Horizon, Uncgarted, God of War, Spiderman numbers on PS4/PS5 to PC, its clear they turn up for their single player games more. They are a different fanbase.

Im not talking about the fans who buy Fifa, GTA, COD, fortnite for free, Apex Legends etc They arent the fans who buy PS5 for PS studio games. Those fans normally turn up, evem if its for a game like Days Gone.
I'm just saying that these types of games (5v5 Hero Shooter) don't launch with single player campaigns too often. The most successful ones on PlayStation are multiplayer only.
Returnal didnt flop lol. They said they were very happy with it, purchased the studio
500k 3 months after release isn't great. Plus, I think Returnal was discounted pretty quickly based on the soft sales.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No its not weird when it's clear that its already dead. Why try to revive something which is dead out of the womb?

Even you with your Sony armour should see this......
And IF they in fact did deliver a good game, tell me this: Why are the player numbers abysmal? And don't give me that "It was burned to the ground before release" shit. But a real one.

I know why: Because it is in fact shit. The fact that you like it doesn't change the global sentiments towards this game.
You like shit. That's ok.

A therapy session is clearly needed here

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Imagine even spending so much time thinking and discussing this game lol
I am saying! I have never seen so many think pieces about a game on this site. Hilarious how suddenly everyone wanna discuss a game they have no interest in or haven't played or won't support.

But threads about games they claim they're interested in, are dead and buried or barely can get two pages of discussions here.

Such a weird ass place where so called gamers don't wanna discuss games they are playing but just wanna pile on and regurgitate the same shit over and over and Hi-Five each other about a game they all hate.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm just saying that these types of games (5v5 Hero Shooter) don't launch with single player campaigns too often. The most successful ones on PlayStation are multiplayer only.

500k 3 months after release isn't great. Plus, I think Returnal was discounted pretty quickly based on the soft sales.
Returnal had a small budget and it came out on a 10 million install base with severe shortages... It sold over 1 million and Sony themselves came out and said it surpassed internal metrics and is considered a hit for them.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Returnal had a small budget and it came out on a 10 million install base with severe shortages... It sold over 1 million and Sony themselves came out and said it surpassed internal metrics and is considered a hit for them.
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
It's not getting one unfortunately 🫠

Next game is a New IP they said

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

If you want to bring in more of your traditional fans like me, you need a campaign. I get other 3rd party dont do it. But it didnt need to be a PVP hero shooter only. That could of been its MP mode and carry the story on.

A normal campaign with how the crew got together would of been great. Add in some survival modes, clicker mode (like a zombie mode), the PVP modes they are gonna add with season 1, you’d have a better package.

Luckily games sell after 3 months. They were happy with it

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..
Please, be a sequel..

Id love a Sequel. Or a big DLC, couple more stages to finish off the story

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Days Gone sold over 8 million and was considered a failure. I'd love to see where Sony said Returnal exceeded expectations.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Days Gone sold over 8 million and was considered a failure. I'd love to see where Sony said Returnal exceeded expectations.

Because it was received fairly well.

Days Gone was Sony first game launched with bug issues and not universally praised like Horizon, TLOU, Uncharted, Spiderman, GOW etc. (Not saying they didnt have criticism but it wasnt from PS fans) But no1 called it a failure

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
If you want to bring in more of your traditional fans like me, you need a campaign. I get other 3rd party dont do it. But it didnt need to be a PVP hero shooter only. That could of been its MP mode and carry the story on.
I guess that's like saying "Returnal didn't sell well so they should have added a 5v5 mode."

I just don't think successful game developers make games like that. It turns into the Homer Simpson car. You have to pick a lane and excell at it.

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Where did Sony ever say Days Gone was a failure?. I'd love to see where Sony said this.
Perhaps failure was too strong but it didn't sell enough to warrant a sequel even though sequels are easier to make.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Perhaps failure was too strong but it didn't sell enough to warrant a sequel even though sequels are easier to make.
Information is every easily accessible. Sony Bend Upper Management declined the Pitch for a sequel. Not Sony.

Sony was clearly satisfied with the game given how hard they kept pushing it after release, included it in their PS+ Collection as must play games and then made it one for their first PC ports and also amongst the best selling.

There were even talks of a movie they wanted to produce but we'll see.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Information is every easily accessible. Sony Bend Upper Management declined the Pitch for a sequel. Not Sony.

Sony was clearly satisfied with the game given how hard they kept pushing it after release, included it in their PS+ Collection as must play games and then made it one for their first PC ports and also amongst the best selling.

There were even talks of a movie they wanted to produce but we'll see.
Sony Bend upper management declined the pitch for a sequel because Days Gone underperformed.