DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

But that is not Sony's business plan at all.
Sony is releasing older games on PC and TLOU is a 9 years old game.

The most recent (maybe I need to use that word) release Sony is porting to PC is Miles Morales that will hit the 2 years old time frame (remember when we discussed that Sony didn't want to release a Spider-man collection with Miles Morales on PC like the Uncharted collection... it look really dumb... the reason was that Miles Morales could not be released on PC at the time of Spider-man release due the Sony's PC strategy).

It is an undeniable fact.

PS. Funny thing is that my original post was defensing the PC releases (that goes against their narrative that I was trashing PC releases) and two PC guys got mad :ROFLMAO: (the 3rd one just like to go against all my posts).
I think there is still a misunderstanding here.

Sony isn't going to wait for years on a product to release it to PC. I sincerely hope you aren't trying to imply that. The older games are perfect candidates to get the graphics engine refactored for PC support for future games.

Are you trying to say that Sony will wait 2 or more years before releasing to the PC simply because it must become 'old' by your standards? Do you think that God of War Rag won't get released to the PC until it's become at least 2yr old product?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think there is still a misunderstanding here.

Sony isn't going to wait for years on a product to release it to PC. I sincerely hope you aren't trying to imply that. The older games are perfect candidates to get the graphics engine refactored for PC support for future games.

Are you trying to say that Sony will wait 2 or more years before releasing to the PC simply because it must become 'old' by your standards? Do you think that God of War Rag won't get released to the PC until it's become at least 2yr old product?
Yes... I believe GoW Ragnarok won't come to PC before November 2024.
At least not with Sony actual plans.

Next year we already have kinda "confirmed": TLOU, Returnal and Sackboy Big Adventure... to close the year I believe it will have more 2 PC releases from the Sony catalog.

• haha
D

Deleted member 13

Yes... I believe GoW Ragnarok won't come to PC before November 2024.
At least not with Sony actual plans.
Then you are wrong and that's the reason why I corrected you in the beginning. You have specified something that's NOT official at Sony. That's why I told you to stop saying that crap!

You can't logically deduce that the ONLY reason Sony picked TLOU Remake to be on the PC is because it's a 9yr old game. That is crazy thinking. I told you what my contact at ND told me concerning the ports to PC.

• fire
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Then you are wrong and that's the reason why I corrected you in the beginning. You have specified something that's NOT official at Sony. That's why I told you to stop saying that crap!
I'm wrong about something Sony is doing right now? C'mon.
You continue the same lol

But hey let's give the beneficie of doubt... list a single game that was releases on PC in less than two years after original release? I will give a hint... Miles Morales, Returnal and Sackboy Big Adventure are waiting their anniversary... even with several leaks of these games already running on PC.

And games that are like a year old you don't have any leak, date, etc... nothing.

Last edited:
  • haha
D

Deleted member 13

I'm wrong about something Sony is doing right now? C'mon.
You continue the same lol
@ethomaz - I'm telling you that your belief is wrong. My inside source works at Sony dude. I asked him about the release timing and he told me a maximum of one year IF it has been determined to be a port to PC. TLOU 1 Remake on the PS5 is a new product since a lot of rework went into it. It will be the soonest port so far.

I've told you several times that Sony doesn't make a product and then put it on the shelf and wait for time to go by before they release it. That makes 0 business sense and yet, here you are claiming that.

But hey let's give the beneficie of doubt... list a single game that was releases on PC in less than tSonywo years after original release?
Dude, the decision to make PC ports was determined 2yrs ago. You haven't allowed enough time after that decision to see what Sony plans on doing. You can't immediately make a claim about a game's release schedule that came BEFORE that decision to be used in the release schedules AFTER the announcement to port to PC.

• fire
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@ethomaz - I'm telling you that your belief is wrong. My inside source works at Sony dude. I asked him about the release timing and he told me a maximum of one year IF it has been determined to be a port to PC. TLOU 1 Remake on the PS5 is a new product since a lot of rework went into it. It will be the soonest port so far.

I've told you several times that Sony doesn't make a product and then put it on the shelf and wait for time to go by before they release it. That makes 0 business sense and yet, here you are claiming that.

Dude, the decision to make PC ports was determined 2yrs ago. You haven't allowed enough time after that decision to see what Sony plans on doing. You can't immediately make a claim that came before that decision to be used in the release schedules AFTER that claim.
Sony is doing exactly that.
Making PC ports and putting on wait to release.

Returnal, Miles Morales, Sackboy Big Adventure are just waiting to be released.

You says your sources but Sony is still to launch a game with a gap lower than 2 years old.
I go with facts over your sources sorry.

You guys accuse me but can't prove the opposite... it is really weird because I can list all PC released games and announced releases and prove my point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Sony is doing exactly that.
Making PC ports and putting on wait to release.
Show me your receipts. Do you know anyone that works for Sony? Can you show me a link where Sony states that they will shelf a product of theirs and allow time to pass before releasing it to PC?

Returnal, Miles Morales, Sackboy Big Adventure are just waiting to be released.
The graphics engines haven't been fully refactored into supporting the PC code.

You says your sources but Sony is still to launch a game with a gap lower than 2 years old.
I go with facts over your sources sorry.
Aight dude. You'll be proven to be wrong like the lot of you on GAF. My source is legit and told you guys about the PS5 hardware and the porting to PC when you guys was screaming the games were just 'one-offs' and not a pattern.

I'm not going to talk about this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13

He is giving his opinion @VFX_Veteran ... I don't know why you keep asking him to prove stuff.
He's not saying it's his opinion at all..

"It's an undeniable fact.."

That's exactly why I told him to stop saying it and if he did he would be issued a warning for spreading misinformation.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
He's not saying it's his opinion at all..

"It's an undeniable fact.."

Pretty clear to me he's talking about what has already happened or things with known release dates.

I find this all rather funny because you confidently say "TLOU 1 Remake on the PS5 is a new product since a lot of rework went into it. It will be the soonest port so far." .... when we have nothing confirmed at all.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Show me your receipts. Do you know anyone that works for Sony? Can you show me a link where Sony states that they will shelf a product of theirs and allow time to pass before releasing it to PS5?

The graphics engines haven't been fully refactored into supporting the PC code.

Aight dude. You'll be proven to be wrong like the lot of you on GAF. My source is legit and told you guys about the PS5 hardware and the porting to PC when you guys was screaming the games were just 'one-offs' and not a pattern.

I'm not going to talk about this anymore.
Do you want with source? Because that will take more time but I'm sure you can check yourself.
  • Days Gone: 2+ years old
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: 2+ years old
  • God of War (2018): 3+ years old
  • Spider-Man: 3+ years old
Announced:
  • Uncharted 4: 6+ years old
  • The Last of Us: 9+ years old
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales: 2 years old in November
Leaked with PC footage:
  • Returnal: makes 2 years in April
  • Sackboy Big Adventure: makes 2 years in November

I forgot any?

D

Deleted member 51

Not gonna lie, but @VFX_Veteran has facts all around his surrounding. I talk to the guy. He has sources and all of that. You guys are fucking idiots to go against what this man says. He might not agree with you, but he has his secret sauce, that he's sharing with you guys. Either wake up, or be left on the wayside. But day and date is inevitable

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Pretty clear to me he's talking about what has already happened or things with known release dates.

I find this all rather funny because you confidently say "TLOU 1 Remake on the PS5 is a new product since a lot of rework went into it. It will be the soonest port so far." .... when we have nothing confirmed at all.
Exactly... I made a list for him.
All games released, announced or leaked have a gap bigger than 2 years old.

The most close will be Miles Morales that seems to release in December from the last "rumors".

Reactions: PropellerEar
D

Deleted member 13

What confirmed? The Remake going to PC?

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What confirmed? The Remake going to PC?
There is no release date or even window like Miles Morales.
I believe it will release in Q4 FY22 but that is just assumption because Uncharted 4 seems to be moving to Q4 FY22 so I'm not sure anymore.
And your only example is a 9 years old game that just support what said since beginning.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Exactly... I made a list for him.
All games released, announced or leaked have a gap bigger than 2 years old.

The most close will be Miles Morales that seems to release in December from the last "rumors".
Your argument is useless and we should all just move on.

Like most sane people on these boards have said, the release gap is when they decide to port until it actually releases on the PC.

If Sony was putting shit on the shelf, then these 1st party titles should release with 0 bugs. Horizon should have been bug free from Day 1 since it was sitting on the shelf for 5yrs. And TLOU Remake should be ready to sell from the PC version since they had 9yrs to optimize it and make it available for the PC.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So much fake outrage over a game you're not forced to buy lol
I couldn't care less tbh
People can have an opinion without it being "outrage"... I mean, we're not all at our keyboard raging!

70$ games!!!!! NOOOOOOooooes!!!
angry man GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.