DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
$70 has been an issue all gen thus far. Having Part 1 release at this price compounded the issue. People say it should have instead been released at $50, which would be $40 last gen, which is probably too little for the level of remake this is.

It seems that whether one has an issue with the price tag is predicated on whether they find the new $70 base price tolerable or not. I don't like it, but I'll spend it for Sony first party more often than not.
I think the $70 price is not a issue for new games for example Ragnarok or GT7.

But it really is for a reremake.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No it doesn't.

By this time Yosp gave us Bloodborne, an absolute masterpiece.

While hermen and Jim keep pooping those useless remakes and PC porting.
Well they give us GT7, Returnal, R&C, Demons Souls (that for more ironic that can be needed a rerelease because it was a game missed by tons) and in like two months God of War.

Man they give us a GT game early in the gen… this is one of the biggest things Sony ever did imo… PS3 and PS4 didn’t have that.

Reactions: SSfox
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Because it is. Fun fact: Exclusive matter.
100%

But I don’t think PC releases is bad… I’m in the middle… let’s see how Sony manage future releases… creating a PlayStation ecosystem on PC with like 2 years old release makes sense imo.

Just remember the fastest PC port today will be Miles Morales and it is over 2 years for the look of it.

Reactions: SSfox

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
100%

But I don’t think PC releases is bad… I’m in the middle… let’s see how Sony manage future releases… creating a PlayStation ecosystem on PC with like 2 years old release makes sense imo.

Just remember the fastest PC port today will be Miles Morales and it is over 2 years for the look of it.
The fastest port will undoubtedly be The Last of Us Part 1, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came before years end. A ND developer said it would be releasing "very soon" after the PS5 version.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
How is PC porting a bad thing?
As long as the release of the game is done after the PlayStation release i think its fine, but surely if they start creating the PlayStation game and start factoring in the gazillion different PC systems out there at the start of the games production cycle, surely that is going to affect the quality of said PlayStation game.

Playstation is of course a closed system. I would imagine it easier to optimize etc for it, without diverting teams to another platform.

It might not be happening now, but what happens in 5 years' time when ps game release simultaneously on both platforms?

Imo, quality will be going down.

Reactions: ksdixon and SSfox

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
As long as the release of the game is done after the PlayStation release i think its fine, but surely if they start creating the PlayStation game and start factoring in the gazillion different PC systems out there at the start of the games production cycle, surely that is going to affect the quality of said PlayStation game.

Playstation is of course a closed system. I would imagine it easier to optimize etc for it, without diverting teams to another platform.

It might not be happening now, but what happens in 5 years' time when ps game release simultaneously on both platforms?

Imo, quality will be going down.
Why would the quality go down? Nixxes can port work in conjunction with a project as it's being developed..

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The fastest port will undoubtedly be The Last of Us Part 1, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came before years end. A ND developer said it would be releasing "very soon" after the PS5 version.
2013 to 2022 is like 9 years…

The fastest is Miles Morales that is set to release late this year with 2 years after PS5.

At least that is the plan…

• thinking_hard
Reactions: DynamiteCop

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Why would the quality go down? Nixxes can port work in conjunction with a project as it's being developed..
As I just explained, if they need to start factoring a PC port from the start of games created, that will be even more processes they will have to facilitate.

Games now are fine, it's the future ones that i worry about.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
As I just explained, if they need to start factoring a PC port from the start of games created, that will be even more processes they will have to facilitate.

Games now are fine, it's the future ones that i worry about.
Not true, the main developer can focus on building the game while Nixxes for example cam port their work on the fly. There doesn't need to be any interference.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
No joke… reality.

Took more than. 9 years to PC get TLOU.
are-you-serious-spiderman.gif

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You're just making up stupid shit to convince yourself you're not wrong. This game released yesterday and will without any shred of doubt be the quickest PlayStation to PC release yet, probably just a few months.
TLOU release in 2013.
PC didn’t got it yet ant it is over 9 years.

It can’t be more clear than that.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
MO I can only think in making it thinking already in the PC release that is where I see reason for it exists.
I think that they wanted to bring the game to PC wile reusing what they built for TLoU 2 as much as possible (with adjustments here and there).

They decided to use that opportunity to make a "ps5" version.

Status
Not open for further replies.